Using Sky Plus Box without subscribing?

Options

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    BIGMAMMA wrote: »
    I have upgraded from sky+ to sky HD.

I wanted to know if I could use my old sky+ box in another room, together with a TV with built in Freeview, purely for digital recording of freeview channels? I don't want to subscribe to sky multiroom, as I don't want to record sky channels, only freeview.

Thanks

In a word NO, you must pay Sky at least £10 a month to use the recording facility.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    BIGMAMMA wrote: »
    I have upgraded from sky+ to sky HD.

I wanted to know if I could use my old sky+ box in another room, together with a TV with built in Freeview, purely for digital recording of freeview channels? I don't want to subscribe to sky multiroom, as I don't want to record sky channels, only freeview.

Thanks
    Inactive wrote: »
    In a word NO, you must pay Sky at least £10 a month to use the recording facility.

And you can only record the subscription & free to air channels that come on the Sky box,you cannot record the Freeview channels that come thru your TV.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you have a Sky+, you can see what you will get without a subscription by just switching it off, taking out the viewing card, and switching it back on.
    I think you get the freeview channels, but with no record capability, so the Sky+ box effectively becomes a noisy standard Sky box.
    If that is all you want, then keep an eye out for Sky boxes on your local freegle/feecycle; I gave one away this week!
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    If you have a Sky+, you can see what you will get without a subscription by just switching it off, taking out the viewing card, and switching it back on.
    I think you get the freeview channels, but with no record capability, so the Sky+ box effectively becomes a noisy standard Sky box.
    If that is all you want, then keep an eye out for Sky boxes on your local freegle/feecycle; I gave one away this week!

Freeview is not available via any Sky Receiver, it is only available via a TV Aerial.
  • flight747
    flight747 Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »

No, I use sky remote control and activated recording / playback and pause features facility with a special code numbers in hidden (my ex mate who use to work for sky engineering gave me secret and it worked)

Never pay £10 a month. I can use my sky+ to recording all free to air channels but it only work on white box only sky+ box as it will not work with black box sky+ HD.
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    oohh if i send you a pm can you tell me how to do this flight747??
  • flight747
    flight747 Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    This would solve all my problems too, are you able to share the code a little more??

Just PM me inbox as I am not allow to put the code open to public cos sky might find out and will do something to update the signal to the box with new code. I would suggest to kept it quiet yourself only.
  • waterwatereverywhere
    Options
    Hi Flight747,

Please may I also express my interest in the code you have? I would love to be able to do this as I have Sky box but don't subscribe. I've tried to send you a PM but the option to do so doesnt appear - methinks you may have a full inbox with lots of other people similarly interested.....! Would be really grateful if you could please send me a code and simple instructions.

Thx in advance.
  • tabby123_2
    Options
    flight747 wrote: »
    No, I use sky remote control and activated recording / playback and pause features facility with a special code numbers in hidden (my ex mate who use to work for sky engineering gave me secret and it worked)

Never pay £10 a month. I can use my sky+ to recording all free to air channels but it only work on white box only sky+ box as it will not work with black box sky+ HD.

Hi! do you think you can post the secret code for sky+ , would be much appreciated. Thankyou.:)
  • mttylad
    mttylad Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If someone gets a code, please come back and let us know if it worked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure