The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

When do CSA payments stop

Comments

• From the sound of it I'M SAD, there is a maintenance claim via CSA which stops at the 19 yrs age bracket but there is also a Child maintenance court order? which is seperate!
    You mention ex-partner, suggesting this is not a part of a divorce settlement. So you would or should have been legally represented when such court order was made, or is your ex-partner pulling the wool over your head?

I cannot see the logic in claiming child maintenance via the CSA if there was already a court order in progress.
  • I've seen a few questions over this and one asking for a link - follow this and I think it explains when. Also, when I've spoken with the CSA the advisors are much better mannered now but are still inaccurate with their information. I'm just about to be invited back in to the loop thanks to my control freak of an ex and I've learned that using information like the attached in written communciation (and email) will usually get an accurate response albeit timely!
    As a new user i can't use links apaprently - so go to the csa gov uk page and add a / followed by en then / then case then / then leaving-education then . then asp
  • sorry dont mean to high jack the op thread, my hubbys child left education and started work september 08 was informed by the CSA that PWC is not claiming CB BUT nearly 9 months later they still havent stopped the CM... can kelloggs tell me if his company stop paying the DEO can they get fined??? btw there is no arrears. Surely its theft??? how many times does one have to ring them for them to say "oh its being sorted and you will get the money back" GRRRRRR
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    They could but he should be escalating the complaint now - via your MP preferably.
  • just a quick one ............ how about when she leaves school and dont bother to get a job or go to college ?? just bums about ??? when do the payments stop then ???
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,538
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Unless PWC is claiming CB and is entitled to claim CB for the child, then the CSA should halt payments
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • I spoke to CSA today and they told me that payments stop once the child stops being in full-time education, then they said it stops when PWC stops getting Child Benefit! My step-son is 16 and not in any education, just lounging around..... so I am confused.... but it would seem to be Child Benefit related.
  • lynn45
    lynn45 Posts: 78 Forumite
    It's when a child turns 19, that is if they're still in full time, non advanced education (a level or equivalent). Child benefit can continue up to the age of 20, but not child maintenance. This stops on the week of the child's 19th birthday
  • I have just received a letter from CSA stating my soon to be ex-wife has put in for maintenance. I currently have my children half of the week but i have had conflicting input from friends and family as te whether i have to pay anything.Can any one point me in the right direction please as this is effecting me alot. My health is already suffering because of what has been going on and each time i start to pull myself around my soon to be ex does something that knocks me back down.Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.Also any advice on Child Benefit payments and Child Tax Credits would be good too.Thanks..
  • moike
    moike Posts: 104 Forumite
    I have just received a letter from CSA stating my soon to be ex-wife has put in for maintenance. I currently have my children half of the week but i have had conflicting input from friends and family as te whether i have to pay anything.Can any one point me in the right direction please as this is effecting me alot. My health is already suffering because of what has been going on and each time i start to pull myself around my soon to be ex does something that knocks me back down.Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.Also any advice on Child Benefit payments and Child Tax Credits would be good too.Thanks..

for every 53 days of the year that you have them your payment would reduce by 1 seventh.
    Assuming that you have 3 children, the payment would be 25% of your income less tax and NI, (2 children = 20% and 1 =15% )
    Let us assume this calculation comes out to £700 ( for ease of maths )

If you have your children 3 days every week then you would have to pay only £400.
    This is of course assuming that your wife has custody.

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport