PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 19th February 2018

Comments

• Morning. It's grey and wet here, but not really cold.

Jackie O, what an awful woman,to come knocking on your door and calling you a liar!! Maybe she thought because you are cracking on a bit (I'm not being rude) she could bully you - I'm glad you stood up for yourself. What a nerve, makes you wonder about people doesn't it.

Dumpling , I hope your day will be ok, and Becky settles down a bit.

TA, Hope Mr TA picks up, It's an ongoing worry for you.

We enjoyed our day out yesterday at Alnwick Gardens, and renewed our membership. It was a still grey day, but the spring bulbs were showing, especially in the shelter of the walled garden, loads of aconite, dwarf irises, and snowdrops, and a lot of bird activity.
    We took our picnic lunch down to the coast at Alnmouth, and there were loads of people walking on the beach, as usual. got home about 4ish.

Today we are going to the hairdressers', and a man is coming this afternoon to give us a price for a new bathroom window. That's it really.

Welcome Flubberyzing.
    AOD, are your hands improving at all?

Thoughts to the worried and poorly.
    Take care folks
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Dull and drizzly today but I have jobs to do in the house so don’t mind so much, at least it’s relatively mild.
    Our family meal was smashing, it was so lovely to have a good catch up with Uncles, cousins etc and we all agreed must do it again, I wouldn’t mind hosting a get together at ours so perhaps in the summer.
    I feel heavy and sluggish after a few meals out over the last couple of weeks so am fasting this morning and will cut down on the treats etc.
    Oh JackieO what a rude woman, not even to ask nicely, she doesn’t deserve to find her blooming parcel!
    A holiday on a Greek island sounds just the ticket RR
    Hugs to TA and all with worries and cares

Have a good day folks x
  • Morning all.
    Thanks for the thread Holly, welcome flubbetyzing, hugs to those in need.
    Bloody cheek of the woman JackieO.
    Well after my childcare services not being needed much last week I'm in great demand this week, DD2 will be here soon with dgd3 I'm having her tomorrow, Thursday when I will drop CHS at work and then go on to DD2's and possibly Friday. We won't be on the marina Friday but will moor near a road so DD2 can drop her off, on Wednesday I'm out with DD1.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. Its raining here so no walk and OH will not be going out to the shed.

Bed stripped sheets etc in the washer, will put them in the dryer, will then have to try and remember to iron them.

Drs appointment this afternoon, I have a couple of things I want to discuss with her and also ask her about one of OH's tablets.

The lamb yesterday was scrummy, to my surprise OH cleared his plate!! minor miracle that. Will slice whats left off the bone and have it cold with salad and jacket spud tonight. There is enough fruit in jelly for another 2 suppers.

My gardening fingers are starting to itch, I would like to sort out the nursery bed and also get the pots cleared ready for the bedding plants later.

I read the meters this morning, we really seem to be using a lot of gas, almost £20 last week. I need to see about that. at that rate our bill is running at £80 a month which seems quite steep to me. I know we use a lot less in the summer. The company cut the payment down to £31 a month which at the rate we are going is no where near enough.

Right, time to get the rear into gear and wash up the brekkie pots.
  • Cocketts
    Cocketts Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Jackie
    My first thought was a 'doorstep scam' where the home owner is distracted at the front door while the accomplice gets in the back door........ but then, I'm a cynical old bag!
    Everything will be alright in the end - and if it's not alright, it's not the end ........
  • Morning all
    Its raining here not heavy but still not nice we had such a lovely sunny weekend still we are still in winter.
    Jackie O how rude was she if anyone asks you to take a parcel for her I would certainly refuse
    Tru glad you are all safe they say animals pick up on these things way before us humans.
    Dolly has the hump as her friend Kassie was coming to stay this week she is my DD1,s friends guide dog and when her mum goes away with her grandparents there is not enough room for her and the grandads electric scooter so she comes and stays with us for a doggy holiday she is so lovely but i got a text Sunday morning to say she had been rushed to the vets with pancreatitis so we dont know whats happening yet.
    Not sure whats for dinner tonight will have a rummage in the freezer in a bit
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • I am in the middle of making a fish pie for this evening. OH collected fish for me on the way back from the garage. I like fish pie, have not had it for a long time.
    It has rained all morning so far. I'm really pleased to be at home now that I have altered my hours.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,581 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    OK, all the bugs that are going round atm can get lost. I've been bedridden for the last two days, feeling a bit better today but must change the bedding as I soaked it last night I was so hot. Very frustrating as I'm desperate to do some sewing, we've been away so much the last few weeks I've not been able to do any.

tiredmum, I hope Kassie is ok.

JackieO, I'd be very cross too.
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    JackieO

The cheek of the woman!!!!! Pity she did not give you her house number as I would have been tempted to put a note on my door "Not collecting parcel or anything for number xxxx"

I had a lovely weekend as dds and sil drove us to Scotland to celebrate a cousin's 70th birthday and it was lovely to catch up with the family. We had lunch out on Sunday and got back about 4p.m.

A leg of lamb casserole is in the oven and the dishwasher has been emptied. I will get the laundry washed tonight as some of it needs to be hand washed and I need to get the bus to York to get some copies of bank statements as the bank in this town closed a few months ago.

I bit the bullet and left a message for the local slimming world consultant to decide what time would work for me to attend as if I go to a seven thirty class I won't get a bus home till nearly nine or else walk a mile home on my own in the dark. Ooops , just realised as it is only a mile away I could get a taxi back!!! Must stop making excuses. Dds are determined to get me fitter for when baby arrives in the summer.

My pedometer is hung around my neck and middle dd has just told me she is ordering me a gadget that fits on my wrist, monitors my activity and heart rate etc.

My kitchen window has been annoying me since I moved in as I can't find the key to open it so I have looked out a company to ask what is best to do re the lock and will phone this morning before I leave the house.

Hugs to all
  • Morning lovelies :wave:
    I had a weird sleep last night, I seemed to be dreaming from the time my head hit the pillow until I woke this morning. The two I remember consisted of a game of hide and seek around a static caravan site and the other being in charge of a huge raffle that turned into a nightmare :eek:. So I feel I've done a days graft already :rotfl:
    Not much housework needs doing today but we will go out this afternoon as Mr Fix It ordered a bandsaw blade from Scre*fix and it won't be available till after 12. He has promised DGD that he will make a wardrobe for her Bar*ie clothes hence the new blade. She is coming to tea today and then for her sleepover, it was postponed because of my lurgy and she's chomping at the bit to get her turn, so crafting and cake making will be on the cards :D.
    While we are out Mr Fix It wants to call in the timber yard and I want to go to the supermarket for some bits and bobs, including some eye wash, as my eyes are itching like mad this morning. I can't think what it can be, I haven't eaten any shellfish lately, I'll probably find I'm allergic to Mr Fix It after all this time :rotfl:.
    This morning I have emptied the DW and wiped the kitchen tops down. There is a bit of washing in the basket but not enough for full wash so it will keep for another day.
    JackieO some people have a much charm as a house brick :mad:
    HollyH thankyou. You're right about this virus lingering, as I'm still bunged up and coughing, but it's not half as bad as it was and at least I am able to sleep lying down now. I'm sorry that your sleeplessness is due to worry, if you ever need to "talk", please feel free to pm me.
    Flubbetyzing nice to "meet" you. The people on here are lovely. :A
    Tru I'm sorry you have this virus again. You have my sympathy and I hope it clears up soon. Hugs from a distance though, as I'm still suffering too ( 3 weeks in :( )
    Csarina thanks for mentioning the meters. I'd forgot my bills are ready to view ooops ! Must do that now !
    Have a good day all and hugs all round.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure