Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Welcome back Maman. Hope you had a good holiday.

I got my burger press from Aldi a few years ago. Cheap but does the job. Burgers are very popular in my house, and so easy to make with the press.
    Zebras rock
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    3lb for me please Kathryn

Thanks for new thread and thanks for doing chart :T:T:T

So sorry to hear your bad news shala hugs to you and hubby (((X)))

burger press bubbs :eek: I use my hands :p

Nice to see you back maman hope you had a lovely holiday
  • shiprob195
    shiprob195 Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I weighed in at a 1 1/2 lb loss.

I am now just 10 1/2 lbs from target.

However! I have a challenging weekend ahead (I'm going to Ladies Day at Leicester races). We are celebrating two 40th birthdays, there will be about 30 of us our little group. Of course there will be alcohol (and that will lead to poor food choices!)

Then in 10 days We're off on holiday for a week. I'm so looking forward to a bit of sun and sangria.

I'm hoping to get to target in the next 9 weeks.....

Can you put me down for 11lbs please

Thank you x
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • Matron_Midge
    Matron_Midge Posts: 707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just popped on to say hello on the new thread.
    Still maintaining my target so won't be joining the challenge this time but thank you for taking it over Kathryn.
    XX for Shala, I hope things start to improve for you both very quickly.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    Same from me. Thanks for taking it on kathrynha and sending a great big hug to our lovely shala.:A

Love it!:rotfl:

I've never weighed at home. We threw out our scales when we didn't like what they were saying years ago and I've never replaced them, I think I'd be obsessive and just worry about every little change.

Back from my holidays and logged on for the first time in three weeks. I just skimmed the last page of posts and will start from now catching up as I go. Welcome to new friends since I last posted.:).

I know I've gained on my holiday, that was expected mostly from lots of white bread and full fat tonic but I did have loads of fruit and veg and drank masses of water. I think (hope:o) some of my much fatter stomach may be bloating rather than weight gain. My plan is to ease back in gently through the rest of the week as I'm out a couple of times to eat and I need to do a shop and a meal plan. If I get that done today then I can make a start with a SW dinner tonight.

Let me know how you get on with your freebie burger press bubbs. I just use a pastry cutter for mine and I don't make them that often as I'm happy with the Sainsbury BGTY ones, worth 1 syn for a quarter pounder.
    Hope you had a lovely holiday?
    I didnt think of using a pastry cutter, doh!! Was ok to use:T
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Welcome back Maman. Hope you had a good holiday.

I got my burger press from Aldi a few years ago. Cheap but does the job. Burgers are very popular in my house, and so easy to make with the press.
    Do you have any nice recipes you use please?
    tweets wrote: »
    3lb for me please Kathryn

Thanks for new thread and thanks for doing chart :T:T:T

So sorry to hear your bad news shala hugs to you and hubby (((X)))

burger press bubbs :eek: I use my hands :p

Nice to see you back maman hope you had a lovely holiday
    I just wanted a mould, could have used a pastry cutter, as it is free now i dont mind, just made some pics will follow later:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    shipr!!!95 wrote: »
    I weighed in at a 1 1/2 lb loss.

I am now just 10 1/2 lbs from target.

However! I have a challenging weekend ahead (I'm going to Ladies Day at Leicester races). We are celebrating two 40th birthdays, there will be about 30 of us our little group. Of course there will be alcohol (and that will lead to poor food choices!)

Then in 10 days We're off on holiday for a week. I'm so looking forward to a bit of sun and sangria.

I'm hoping to get to target in the next 9 weeks.....

Can you put me down for 11lbs please

Thank you x
    Well done:T:T:T enjoy your holiday :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I don't understand SW at all. How can anyone lose weight with potatoes, rice and pasta as free foods?

We do need carbs, but not as much as we fancy.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • bubbs
    pollypenny wrote: »
    I don't understand SW at all. How can anyone lose weight with potatoes, rice and pasta as free foods?

We do need carbs, but not as much as we fancy.

I have had a few SW chips tonight but i dont eat many carbs at all(but im diabetic), but DH still has them and is losing:T
  • bubbs
    Before and after pics of the burgers, DH said these look yummy and he usually only comments when something is horrible:rotfl:
    burgers%20001_zpsocluhhlc.jpg
    burgers%20002_zpseu5kljju.jpg
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    I have had a few SW chips tonight but i dont eat many carbs at all(but im diabetic), but DH still has them and is losing:T

A few is the key. But to call potatoes 'free foods' is mad!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure