Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Brizzle - we rarely get it here. I was lucky enough to go to school in town and was always envious of those that lived towards the Cotswolds as they always got snow.

Don't want snow. I don't fancy trying to get off our drive and I can no longer really walk to our school.
  • Hope no one has snow today!!

DS2 was up at 6.20am excited for his birthday!! We had a lovely morning and he is thrilled with his iPad mini :j. Looking forward to our meal out with the family tonight - I'm going armed with a 40% off voucher and a £100 gift card!! Hoping this will cover the meal for everyone, but if not the other guests can split the rest!!! I've done my bit :p.

DH felt weird and wobbly last night. No seizure yet, hoping to get through today without one Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Happy Birthday! wooo iPad mini! lucky boy.

Great re voucher and gift card - I hope that covers it!

Sorry to hear about DH - I do hope he still gets to enjoy today.

PS No snow but frost so heavy its still on roof here in north bristol! x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DS2. Glad you had a lovely morning and it sounds like a fun evening ahead of you.

I feel your pain with the shoes, it only feels like 5 minutes since the last round of shoes and now Ds is saying his soles feel uncomfortable in his shoes and Dd has grown out of her wellies. :mad:.

Going to look for some insoles for Ds and I might join you with having a search on Fleabay for wellies.

My budget is all made a tidy and I hate these extra bits that crop up on a weekly even daily basis. Grrrrrr.

Have a great night thought. Love Birthdays xxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ooh hope your DS enjoys his ipad mini :)
    enjoy the hut of pizza.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Happy Birthday DS!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Thanks everyone! We had a nice meal at pizza express despite there being nothing express about it. Almost 3 hours!! Better than being rushed out, but a bit quicker would have been better. Anyway, total bill was £163, which was reduced to £111 with the 40% off voucher, and then £11 with the £100 gift card. Everyone else chipped in for the £11 and tip so it was free for us :j.

DH had a partial seizure in the car on the way home :(.
  • Lucky I was reading your post thinking how lovely - what a treat for you birthday... then I read about your DH. Poor you. I hope today has been kinder x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Glad you enjoyed the meal but bad news on the seizure - hope DH and the rest of you are all OK.

Any chance of getting the boys shoes in the Clarks sale? We managed to get DD some 'first shoes' for £8 last week! Much better than the usual £26/28 price tag!
  • Thank you both. DH has been ok today but we didn't go to the gym just incase. He was very jerky in his sleep so I 'slept' with one eye open all night. Amazed not to have had a full seizure yet, but he has been eating sugary things all day which is another sign. I've been eating some things too which I will regret on weigh in day but it has helped me get through the day!!

DS1 having problems with a (different to last time) boy at school again :(. There's always something! The woman from the Young Carer's at Barnardos is coming out to see us tomorrow though, so hopefully we'll get something out of that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport