Default registered after 1 late payment

Options
2»

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I should have set up another DD but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Were payments being made on the contractual due date every month. Serial late paying amounts to a default.
  • bengal-stripe
    Options
    I had an account with the car finance company where I paid £85 a month. Last April I missed the payment because I had a lot going on and it just slipped my mind.
    I had a DD set up with them but due to having an accident in the car and needing to buy a new car the DD was cancelled and a new payment plan with them was set up as the amount I was paying changed.

Account start date 06/01/2015
    Account end date 02/11/2017
    Opening balance £ 8,000
    Regular payment £ £ 166
    Repayment frequency Monthly

You had an agreement to pay £166 per month. At some point you asked the company to lower the payments to £85 (about half). At this point you started defaulting, as you didn't keep up with the original schedule.

When your (reduced) payment didn't arrive for a whole month, the company made the default official.
  • rickbooth86
    Options
    Yes they were made on time. I did make one change to the payment date though however due to a change in the day I was paid. They were aware of this though.
  • rickbooth86
    Options
    It was them who suggested only making half the payment when I called to see how much I owed them after the insurance payout.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

The annoying thing is the account doesn't even show on my Clearscore or MSE Credit Club reports.

That's a good thing, not an annoying thing. It limits the damage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure