Five year DRO sold to debt collection agency!

Bosie
Bosie Posts: 1,215 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
My partner did a DRO back in March 2012, he was discharged from it in March 2013.
A letter turned up last Friday,from a debt collector, asking for money, for a debt owing to Next Directory, which was included in the DRO.

We still have all the paperwork, anyway, the letter threatened the usual, they will pay a visit, Court etc.......

Due to illness, he isn't good talking on the phone, I got on and gave the advisor the DRO number.

I told them to get back to Next, as the DRO will be 6 years old in March 2018.
Still worried though.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi,

You should send them a quick letter informing them the debt in question was written off in his DRO.

Enclose a copy of his DRO order that shows the debt, that should be the end of it.

The debt has been written off and no longer exists, if it went to court they would be in serious trouble.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

You should send them a quick letter informing them the debt in question was written off in his DRO.

Enclose a copy of his DRO order that shows the debt, that should be the end of it.

The debt has been written off and no longer exists, if it went to court they would be in serious trouble.

Thank you, silly of Next to sell this debt after all this time.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Bosie wrote: »
    Thank you, silly of Next to sell this debt after all this time.

Yes. Will be part of a 'bulk sale', but bad all the same.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure