Parking Fine

Hello All,

I'm in the process of sending my DRO application (going to scanned documents and send tonight). I've received a parking fine today so didn't know about.

Can I include it in the DRO? I can't find a clear answer by Googling. Its from a company called Smart Parking not council?

Comments

• patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    No harm in trying to include it. Be aware that it only takes one creditor to object to your DRO and you have problems.

On the plus side, Smart Parking do appear to have adopted a do not attend or defend approach to POPLA appeals and Court cases.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Jr14
    Jr14 Posts: 60 Forumite
    What sort of problems/reasons do they object? What happens if they object?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Pickles02 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I'm in the process of sending my DRO application (going to scanned documents and send tonight). I've received a parking fine today so didn't know about.

Can I include it in the DRO? I can't find a clear answer by Googling. Its from a company called Smart Parking not council?

It's 100% a qualifying debt. It must be included
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    patman99 wrote: »
    No harm in trying to include it. Be aware that it only takes one creditor to object to your DRO and you have problems.

I've done hundreds of the things and I think I lost one on a creditor objection - the water authority 'found' an old bill for a former address and took us over the limit.

It's rare for creditors to object and rarer for the DRO Team to uphold an objection. I have always found them very fair and helpful.

In this case it's a qualifying debt and must be included. There can be no valid objection.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure