COCO peeing on sofa UPDATED!

Comments

• antenna wrote: »
    Put his dirt box on the sofa.............simples.
    or put your toe up it's @rse.
    i had thought about putting his litter box on the sofa, I even suggested it to the wife, the suggestion went down like a virus infected gastric fart in a lift. Why would I put a toe up a cats @rse? my feet smell bad enough as it is (so the wife tells me) without adding cat SH!TT to the mix :p.
  • One of my cats does this too, except I don't know which one, but I do have my suspicions. Our leather sofa got ruined so we have a fabric one now (Ikea with removable, washable covers) and I put puppy pads inside so at least the cushions don't get pee on.

It's always, without fail, where my husband sits and started when he had cortisone injections (maybe just a coincidence). We now have litter that we leave next to the sofa when we're not using it, it's helped a bit, but still happens about once a month.
    hallelujah :j:rotfl:I thought it was just me experiencing this.
    Ill try the puppy pads, my covers are removable and washable to 90deg so it helps kill off the smell.
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    i had thought about putting his litter box on the sofa, I even suggested it to the wife, the suggestion went down like a virus infected gastric fart in a lift. Why would I put a toe up a cats @rse? my feet smell bad enough as it is (so the wife tells me) without adding cat SH!TT to the mix :p.[/QUOTE I meant your toe should be encased in a size 12 steel toe-cap boot.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Make sure you wash the covers in biological washing powder/liquid and wipe all around the sera he pees too with it too.
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You said litter tray, does this mean he only has one?
  • GwylimT wrote: »
    You said litter tray, does this mean he only has one?
    no this is a multi cat household theres 4 litter trays in different locations.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,669 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Replace the three-piece suite with hose-down white plastic garden furniture. There: problem solved.
  • geminilady
    geminilady Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    no answers but one of mine is the same never figured out a reason as she does it even if i have just changed the litter .Did wonder if it is the feel of the litter as she sometimes poos in the bath but at least that is easy to clean
  • decbel
    decbel Posts: 2,804 Forumite
    £550 pound cat.

I can get one for free in the street
  • decbel wrote: »
    £550 pound cat.

I can get one for free in the street
    didnt I mention that's how I got a multicat household.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure