Would stoozing affect my mortgage application?

Options
I am thinking of stoozing as a way to accelerate my savings. I find that I tend to aggressively pay off credit card debts as I am averse to oweing money.

My startegy is to stooze and leave the savings untouched. Then pay off the credit cards with my salaried earnings.

Actually, the goal is the get my downpayment together using this method.

I would be looking to buy a house 2-3 years down the line. I am just curious, how soon should I clear all the stoozing balances before applying for a mortgage. I am guessing it will take up to 4 months for all credit reports to be updated with the cleared/settled balances. Is that enough? Or will I need to give more time?

Comments

• seatbeltnoob
    Options
    FYI, I'm not intending to stooze my downpayment together. I will keep every penny of the stooze firmly in the savings account until the credit cards are repaid. I am fully aware that 0% credit cards can be withdrawn at any time and could land me in hot water if the offer expires and I can't get another 0% to transfer over to
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    I had around 10k on 0% cards for years before I bought my first house. I cleared and closed all the cards about four or five months before I thought I'd be applying for a mortgage. I got the mortgage so it can't have been a bad plan!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure