Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morus193 wrote: »
    Would this account appear and work on the RBS app if opened?

No, It's just another bank within the RBS group (like NatWest)
  • buffman
    buffman Posts: 436 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just opened up a new eSaver. Process took about 5 minutes. I immediately received my account number and was able to register for online banking. However on accessing my online banking, I discovered that my new account was not yet visible. Does anyone know how long this will take? Their customer service department says 6 days!
  • bob792
    bob792 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    buffman wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long this will take?

I opened my account the evening before last. I could login yesterday morning but not access any account details. It's all up and running this morning and I've ordered my card reader so I can move money out - looks like it provides faster payments out to multiple accounts.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mine was visible the next day.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone managed to open this without a passport? Mine has expired, (3 years ago and no intention of renewing).

I tried yesterday and despite saying on a couple of pages UK DL acceptable there is no way to input it on the application form.

I tried yesterday on the phone and online chat, they say they are aware of it but could not help.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to open this without a passport? Mine has expired, (3 years ago and no intention of renewing).

I tried yesterday and despite saying on a couple of pages UK DL acceptable there is no way to input it on the application form.

I tried yesterday on the phone and online chat, they say they are aware of it but could not help.
    ....as is anyone else who read post #7 above!
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Account opened in 5 mins online, could immediately login, though account details were not not available to show until after the overnight run at 0200. 2 x FP sent today and both were visible instantly.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They use RBS systems, so I'm wondering why people are so surprised they operate in a similar way i.e. not a Micky Mouse bank like RCI

NI have a their own version of the DVLA so their system may only be setup for that DL format.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    They use RBS systems, so I'm wondering why people are so surprised they operate in a similar way i.e. not a Micky Mouse bank like RCI

NI have a their own version of the DVLA so their system may only be setup for that DL format.

Not Micky mouse as in solvent?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Great, but I bet if I transfer my money, they'll drop the rate, just like West Brom BS have!
    Just don't do it then. Thanks ;-)
    fwor wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Ulster Bank uses Faster Payments for transfers out of the account?
    It's FP in and out. You need to have a debit card or an Anytime Internet Banking card (and one of those interchangeable card readers) to set up a payee. Daily withdrawal limit is £20k, where Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday form part of the next working day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback