Freemans 30% off first order

Comments

• viru.doshi
    viru.doshi Posts: 434 Forumite
    Totoriko - first time i went through the checkout process all 4 boxes were blank, i did expect to see the code in the first box but it wasn't there so i put it in myself. Then after preceeding to the next page the price changed to the lower price.

tomaz64 - It's a bit of a grey area, the Freeman's T&C's say no electrical goods but in the past other people have quoted a code over the phone for a tv. So maybe it was just the operator you got put through to, might be worth ringing again or trying to pay by CC over the net - the latter is what i did and discount code was accepted.

fredy34 - true it does say that on the checkout page but the price still updated on the website and in the confirmation email to reflect the discounted price.
    I'm better off without you.
  • NETTYB3
    NETTYB3 Posts: 396 Forumite
    Hi

I put an order through as a new customer but the discount code did not work and the conf. web page and e-mail showed £899.99. I opted for the account as I do not have a CC so I will just cancel that order.

OH already has an account with Freemans - he placed order for 32" and used the discount code and the discount showed on the conf. web page and the e-mail - £630. I expect they wil only allow him £500 credit so will pay when they phone as I wanted to ensure it would work first.

I did see the T&C but the banner did say 30% off everything. There was another banner that stated 15% off selected items so I wonder if it was that code that excluded electrical items!

Netty x
    :A Official Boots Tart :A
    :hello:
  • viru.doshi
    Ordered my tv on the 17th April, just as I was leaving to go to uni the delivery van turned up today (19th)!

One 32" Smansung IDTV is now waiting in my front room to be unpacked, fingers crossed there's nothing wrong with it!

The invoice does say £630 for anyone who still has doubts.
  • fredy34
    fredy34 Posts: 245 Forumite
    zorber wrote:
    You must be doing it wrong then.

I have just spoken with my credit card company to confirm that freemans have requested £630 for the 32" tv i have ordered with the 30% off.

If you have gone all the way to the end you would have had to order the tv.
    After you put your credit card in it will confirm total amount less discount you then press ok to confirm the order and pay.

I went to the site with big banner 30% off. then went and found the TV. added to basket. went to checkout which has the full price plus the code underneath and a statement saying not off electrical goods. Select pay by CC. Go through enter address details, then cc details. click ok. No confirmation page get an email with full price on it. Phone up freemans to cancel.

What am i doing wrong?
  • paultw5
    paultw5 Posts: 146 Forumite
    went to the site with big banner 30% off. then went and found the TV. added to basket. went to checkout which has the full price plus the code underneath and a statement saying not off electrical goods. Select pay by CC. Go through enter address details, then cc details. click ok. No confirmation page get an email with full price on it. Phone up freemans to cancel.

What am i doing wrong?

i'm no expert, but have you deleted your cookies before entering the site.?

I entered the site through Quidco and there was a 20% discount on first orders, but when it came to putting the 4 digit code in i deleted the code that was there and put in the 30% code, hope that helps a bit..
  • coolio_2
    coolio_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    were you able to call up and cancel? I called up to cancel mine and was told the couldn't until tomorrow
  • zorber
    zorber Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fredy34 wrote:
    I went to the site with big banner 30% off. then went and found the TV. added to basket. went to checkout which has the full price plus the code underneath and a statement saying not off electrical goods. Select pay by CC. Go through enter address details, then cc details. click ok. No confirmation page get an email with full price on it. Phone up freemans to cancel.

What am i doing wrong?

Dont know Fredy
    You are a new customer ?? no one else in your house is a custmer??
    did you put the right code in in caps. It should tell you the price with discount if you are purchasing by cc after you put your details in but before you confirm.
    Again try clearing out your cookies.
    other than that not sure.
    sorry
    "Save the cheerleader - Save the world"
  • viru.doshi
    coolio wrote:
    were you able to call up and cancel? I called up to cancel mine and was told the couldn't until tomorrow

Freemans have a funny ol' system, takes at least 24hours for them to update their records, its really odd how and why they operate that way but other people have had to wait a day or two to cancel a order made through the website.
  • coolio_2
    coolio_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Totoriko wrote:
    When you went to checkout page the first time. Was the DREP code showing in the first box?

I get this error in the Final Checkout page (where you confirm the order after having entered all the payment and delivery details)

Sorry, there is a problem with your Offer Code. Details are at the bottom of this page.

This offer 'DREP' has already been claimed.

Please click 'checkout' to continue with your order.

I am getting exactly the same, did you get it fixed?
  • viru.doshi
    coolio wrote:
    I am getting exactly the same, did you get it fixed?

See my post bottom of page 3, i have my tv in the front room now so the way i did it definately worked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport