How can I cancel my 3 contract?

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    sugoi wrote: »
    Hi guys, i've the same problem with 3 even though I expressed clearly over the phone that I didnt want to renew my contract and neither i upgraded my phone. They won't cancel it.
    You have to post more details.
    P.s. I also wrote them by post but I never kept any tracking records from the post office. Should I have done that?
    IMO only recorded mail makes sense if you do this. However, even in this case you cannot relax until you get a confirmation from them that the contract is cancelled.
  • Can anyone help me? I am into my 6th day of my 3 contract and when I am at work the coverage is intermittent. There is no point me having the phone whilst at work if I cannot receive calls. I really need it to work as I have an elderly mother that needs to get in touch with me. I took my contract out at a 3 store. What are my chances of being able to cancel this contract on my 7th day? I have just taken out a 2 year contract with 3 too! Everything I have read says they will only exchange. thats no good to me. I haven't even made my first payment. What if I cancelled my direct debit?
  • grumbler
    mjh1607 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me? I am into my 6th day of my 3 contract and when I am at work the coverage is intermittent. There is no point me having the phone whilst at work if I cannot receive calls. I really need it to work as I have an elderly mother that needs to get in touch with me. I took my contract out at a 3 store. What are my chances of being able to cancel this contract on my 7th day?
    On the grounds of cooling off period - ZERO. On the grounds of poor signal - very slim, especially as it is at work, not at home, and it is you who failed to check, not them.
    And even if bought online, you cannot change your mind after using a new handset for 6 days.
    What if I cancelled my direct debit?
    Trashed credit history.
    Debt collectors knocking on your door.

Was it that difficult to do a basic research before making an expensive and long-term commitment?
  • grumbler wrote: »
    On the grounds of cooling off period - ZERO. On the grounds of poor signal - very slim, especially as it is at work, not at home, and it is you who failed to check, not them.
    And even if bought online, you cannot change your mind after using a new handset for 6 days.

Trashed credit history.
    Debt collectors knocking on your door.

Was it that difficult to do a basic research before making an expensive and long-term commitment?
    Grumbler. I did do research and check out coverage etc. How the heck am I supposed to check without actually having one of their phones? I was looking for help, not sarcasm and abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    theyre not abusing you just giving advice

you check by either checking someone elses phone or a payg sim in your phone to see if theres signal there

no company covers indoor coverage afaik
    What goes around-comes around
  • Well, I am sorry but it didn't sound like "nice" advice to me, maybe I mistook it. Thanks for the "advice", but I probably best asking around. and yes, I did research, but its hard to research everywhere!
  • grumbler
    edited 27 January 2012 at 9:21PM
    mjh1607 wrote: »
    Grumbler. I did do research and check out coverage etc. How the heck am I supposed to check without actually having one of their phones?
    As above - by asking your colleagues. Or by ordering a free PAYG sim.
    I was looking for help, not sarcasm and abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Irony - maybe, but not 'sarcasm'. Accusing me of abuse was just ridiculous.
  • The thing isn't fit for its purpose! thanks anyway.
  • grumbler
    If the 'purpose' is 100% UK coverage then there is no a single 'thing' that is fit for it, especially if you work indoors.
  • mjh1607 wrote: »
    The thing isn't fit for its purpose! thanks anyway.

It is, but you really need to check coverage before committing to a contract. Did you check your works postcode using the coverage checker?

I fully expect to come back to a sarcastic reply accusing me of being unhelpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure