Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Comments

• Genmod55
    Genmod55 Posts: 592 Forumite
    When I scroll to the bottom of the Supersonic wall there are obviously more offers available that I can't see - is there any way of viewing these hidden offers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    fragmented wrote: »
    I think one thing some people may be getting caught on is doing 2 things on the site at the same time ... ie sbtv in one tab and searching in another, or looking at offers while watching sbtv ... would be easy for their server/system to pick up such things and i have seen posts here where people have said that they missed a captula while doing offers.

You maybe right fragmented. However, a situation has arisen where two people are watching SBTV in exactly the same way at the same time and both have been flagged. One has now received an email to say 'sorry you've been flagged in error - happy swagging' while the other still has his account flagged. They're in Ireland and the only way they can earn is through SBTV and searches.

If they have been searching while watching SBTV then fair enough, but why say one has been flagged in error and the other not? It just doesn't make sense
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    I think one thing some people may be getting caught on is doing 2 things on the site at the same time ... ie sbtv in one tab and searching in another, or looking at offers while watching sbtv ... would be easy for their server/system to pick up such things and i have seen posts here where people have said that they missed a captula while doing offers.

I've asked for clarification about the above:-

Nick, sorry to ask another question, but one other thing has come to mind after reading the do's and don'ts again about SBTV. It specifically says 'However, please Don’t use any auto-refresh or auto-reload in your internet browser to passively watch SBTV or to walk away altogether from your computer/tablet/smartphone.' This is understandable. However, can you please clarify if people are allowed to do other things on the swagbucks site while running SBTV in a different tab eg. doing a search, looking at offers etc. I can't see that this point is specifically covered in the rules. Thanks
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    2014 goal £180/600
  • fragmented
    fragmented Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    paulshorse wrote: »
    If they have been searching while watching SBTV then fair enough, but why say one has been flagged in error and the other not? It just doesn't make sense

As they are both partners there may be all sorts of things that could have triggered it, sharing IP, connection, sometimes been on one computer and a different one the next, 2 users logged in doing different things on the site at the same time from the same connection etc., but yes odd one was in error unless they got tared with the same brush for having shared the same IP at sometime ?

I am surprised they don't make it so that the window/tab showing sbtv has to be active so if someone switches to another window to avoid watching the advert it resets the advert.

Necter adponts has a thing to click every that appears on top of the video 20 to 30 seconds to make sure you are still watching ... can be a pita if part through rolling a cig :(
  • fragmented
    Genmod55 wrote: »
    When I scroll to the bottom of the Supersonic wall there are obviously more offers available that I can't see - is there any way of viewing these hidden offers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what i do is Right click on their "ALL" tab and open in new tab.
  • littlestar1981
    littlestar1981 Posts: 1,595
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Genmod55 wrote: »

Right click where it says 'all', select open in new tab, it will open it in a new page and you'll see everything x
    OU Student! - ED209, SDK125, DSE212, SK124, DSE141, SD226, DXR222, DD303, DD307 = BSc Psychology
  • Genmod55
    Genmod55 Posts: 592 Forumite
    what i do is Right click on their "ALL" tab and open in new tab.
    Right click where it says 'all', select open in new tab, it will open it in a new page and you'll see everything x

Thank you both - something so simple! :T. You learn something new every day. :rotfl::rotfl:
  • paulshorse
    As they are both partners there may be all sorts of things that could have triggered it, sharing IP, connection, sometimes been on one computer and a different one the next, 2 users logged in doing different things on the site at the same time from the same connection etc., but yes odd one was in error unless they got tared with the same brush for having shared the same IP at sometime ?

I am surprised they don't make it so that the window/tab showing sbtv has to be active so if someone switches to another window to avoid watching the advert it resets the advert.

Necter adponts has a thing to click every that appears on top of the video 20 to 30 seconds to make sure you are still watching ... can be a pita if part through rolling a cig :(

Family members can have accounts now, so there's always going to be the possibility that two people will be logged on at the same time doing different things, or even the same thing, but why they can't just have a specific set of rules that's open and transparent that everyone can understand is beyond me. You have to try and guess if you're doing anything wrong and then hunt for an answer
    2014 goal £180/600
  • fragmented
    paulshorse wrote: »
    Family members can have accounts now, so there's always going to be the possibility that two people will be logged on at the same time doing different things, or even the same thing, but why they can't just have a specific set of rules that's open and transparent that everyone can understand is beyond me. You have to try and guess if you're doing anything wrong and then hunt for an answer

I agree that the rules need to be as transparent as possible, but i suppose there is a limit to what they can include without giving clues as to how the anti cheat system picks things up.

Apart from missing out on the possibility of the hourly 1000sb win i can see possible problems with 2 accounts at one location if one forgets to logout. One user does some sbtv in the morning .... goes to work then does some more duting their lunch break .... the other at the same time goes to SB site it would show as one user 2 locations. user 2 logs out them back in as user 2 would show red flags on some systems. even if they both use different browsers each time ie one uses firefox the other safari to avoid browser cookies showing the wrong person it would still trip at SB end as they now also make use of flash cookies as well that can track accorss browsers and flash cookies don't normally clear when a browser is closed down like some cookies do.

They probably started using flash cookies as well to stop people using 2 accounts using different browsers on the same computer at the same time, ie, doing partners SB as well as own while one is at work.

As for doing searches while watching sbtv that would be covered by the "activly watching" part i would think.
  • psychic_teabag
    psychic_teabag Posts: 2,865
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

I've got my OH trained to watch SBTV (from my SB account) on a different computer, but obviously with the same public IP address. I try to make sure we don't watch SBTV at the same time, but I do other SB stuff (such as play games). If they were to log both the IP address and the browser identity string they could probably distinguish. Or they could use cookies to detect whether you are watching SBTV concurrently with other SB activity within a single browser instance, but can get round that by running two browsers on the same computer.

Depends how they define "active". We use linux here (with unconventional window managers). Might be able to fool an "active" detector by running the browser inside a virtual machine or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure