We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Comments

• young_un
    young_un Posts: 86 Forumite
    Ah thanks Solvent will probably be another NSD for me today only going to see the OH mum to help her with a shoot lunch and she's giving me leftovers so no cooking :) still got the lurgy feels like my head is full of cotton wool haha
    Xx
    Weight loss 0/37lb :(Vanquis £1476 Capital One £380
    Nov 2012 NSD 15/15 Dec 2012 NSD 14/15 5 in a row SPC #1874 Overdraft £800
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2012 at 6:11PM
    Is is too late to join? hope not :)

i am going to aim for 15 NSDs.

I am not including bills and the main food shop & petrol but everything else

i have had 1 NSD so far :)
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Going for a NSD today! All I need to do is take some Ebay packages down to the post office. Been really pleased how well the xbox games and DVD's have sold. I have made almost £60, and as they were free to list, that's even better!
    It was my first experience of selling on Ebay, and I can't believe how easy it was. Why haven't I done this before?! lol! Am definately going to keep my eyes open for more free listing weekends so that I can continue to prune my DVD collection back to absolute favourites.

Will report back later on whether the NSD was a success.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    No 2 popped in for a chat yesterday, got so comfy & didn't want to go out in the cold again :D Not sure about today as I could be playing taxi driver :think: if it's just there & back it'll be fine, but I suspect the dreaded call of wheat products & liquid white may be too strong to ignore, & that'll mean liquid gold too, dagnabbit :angry:

I feel for you Red :o My old ducks was in hospital at the beginning of the year, & when the paramedics turned up last week (at GP's request I hasten to add!) we thought it was happening all over again. Thankfully it wasn't what the doc suspected & a couple of home visits were enough this time. Hope Mum is comfortable & please send her my Best Wishes for a Good Recovery x

Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• First NSD for me yesterday, off the mark :)
  • solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    Not a problem, sorry I'm new to this but happy to help, thank you for the little trio of jumpy men.

Thank you MummyRivett, it makes our lives so much easier if we don't have to squint to see NSD numbers :A
    Seconded thankyou.gif

Thank you for the update spoony flowers-for-you.gif

It's a pleasure Freeby - on both counts.
    Thank you for my flowers:A You, however, deserve a medal :A
    young_un wrote: »
    Ah thanks Solventwill probably be another NSD for me today only going to see the OH mum to help her with a shoot lunch and she's giving me leftovers so no cooking :) still got the lurgy feels like my head is full of cotton wool haha
    Xx

Hmmm... head full of cotton wool isn't a good feeling young_un, hope you're on the mend soon x
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    lurvlyloz wrote: »
    Is is too late to join? hope not :)

i am going to aim for 15 NSDs.

I am not including bills and the main food shop but everything else inc petrol.

i have had 1 NSD so far :)

:hello: Hi lurvlyloz and welcome
    It's never too late to join the NSD challenge, consider yourself one of the gang now:D

Freeby will add you to the front page when she next updates it and marmite will welcome you officially when she does tonight's update.

Well done for NSD no 1 and good luck with nabbing the rest x
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • Fae
    Fae Posts: 664 Forumite
    I am delcaring today NSD 2 brought lunch into work with me so no need for any spending today :D
    LBM 29/10/2013 £14,218.00 As of 13/04/2014 £6477.00
    Paid 54%
    3 months to go 13 weeks
    DFD 28th August 2014
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    NSD #3 for me today :)
    Was going to get some sausagement from the farm shop, but it was closed :)
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    2ym65q8.gif

Hi lovely NSD gang:A
    As you can see there is lots of activity on this challenge at the moment and it's difficult sometimes to see how many NSDs you're all declaring on posts.
    Could I ask you to highlight your number of NSDs in a colour and in bold so that I can see them easily when I whizz through the posts - red would be best but I don't really mind as long as I can see the numbers easily.

Some helpful suggestions and ideas to follow below from our sponsor and godmother, BigMummaF :A

NO SPEND CHALLENGE.

1. Have a good, long think about what YOU want to include in your Spend & Excluded categories.
    Some of us count everything from Direct Debits & school expenses, while others do not include things like essential Bills or emergency medical costs. If you plan what is or is not a Spend for you now, it will help you decide on a realistic Target.
    2. It is NOT a race!
    We all have very different demands on our time & bank balance, so please do not think you have to buy everything on 1st January & make it last till 31st December! A few of us have been following this Challenge for a long...long...LONG time so have developed plans & ploys to help us along the way wink2.gif
    3. Most important of all, WE..DO..NOT..FAIL!
    Sometimes we can't quite reach our Target, but that is fine :) Everyone knows how Life will try to trip us up, & that is when you will find us here to help you back on to your feet.

OK, an idea of how some of us do things.
    1. What you will or will not include as a 'Spend'.
    Some people are doing other challenges too, & don't include the money spent on those for this one.
    Some will try to shop for other bits on the days their direct debits etc go out of their bank accounts; they're the real hard core of the bunch sport-smiley-003.gif & have been l-o-n-g time Nsders so don't panic :p
    Some won't count those annoying last minute demands from school & collections as you can't plan for them in advance, likewise emergency prescriptions or visits to the vet :(
    Personally speaking & providing I don't buy anything else, I don't count parking for hospital appointments.(..but then I usually do my shopping because I'm already out :whistle:)
    General thoughts on €bay sales is the buyer has paid P&P so no cost to you :D
    2. It takes Time to reach mega-numbers!
    The First suggestion is the first, because a bit of planning will work wonders on your road to your Target. Have a look at thefirst posts each month for a hefty list of other threads that may be of help. For example, there's a few giving ideas for packed lunches so you can avoid standing in the queue at the bakers for 45mins of your lunch hour! A good incentive to tweak your healthy eating & the pounds you save will show in your bank balance AND your waistline action-smiley-076.gif
    It helps to have various 'money pots' for the different costs that happen like Scouts, dinner money, yoga, window cleaner etc etc. The idea is you "spend" all that money in one hit by..:think:..
    let's say **putting the week's bus fares into the pretty coffee jar, Jo's tumble tots SIZE=2]Weds mornings[/SIZE in the cracked teapot & Ben's £1 coin for the gym locker SIZE=2]Friday lunch[/SIZE in the pocket of the changing bag, on Tuesdays every week when you've got some change from doing the food shop, so an already spendy day. At least four 'spending days' condensed into one ;) (**mine's jam jars for windows, milkman & a bit towards the bills!)
    3. Any day the money stays in your pocket is a bonus!
    If you look at it as a day you beat the system, you can't help but :j so don't fret it--ENJOY! If nothing else in here, we do manage find something to make us smile :D

We have virtual outings to wonderful places that never cost us a bean :rotfl:New York, Edinburgh & Brighton have been a couple & Spoon usually pilots the Tardis but you can use your own transport; my personal favourite has been a sit-on lawn mower borrowed from the cricket club :D The only thing to be aware of is Hubert the donkey who is partial to anything remotely edible but is not yet house-trained :o

And Remember;
    there are no silly questions, so don't be afraid to ask us anything!
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport