PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thurs 9th Oct 08

Hi, this is the OS Daily thread for the 9h October . It is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

I am surprised that there is no post already..... Morning anyway

Anyway Good news to start for me ! The drop in interest rates means my new trackers mortgage which is 8 days old will drop by 1/2 percent. :D Thats £25. So at least there is some bright moments.

My court case was found not guilty. So as far as I am concerned justice was not done. The most aggravating thing is that the jury never hear all the evidence as it was deemed too predujice to the case. So the criminal in this country often wins..... (I hate paedophiles)
bummer.

I missed yesterday as I overslept, and I was not up that early today either. So must dash and get the pack lunches ready.... Cheers
NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!

Comments

• jannyannie
    jannyannie Posts: 797 Forumite
    Morning N9EAV and all who cross and follow,

Dry here so far and just getting light, supposed to be a nice day.
    N9EAV must be so frustrating your job at times.

Going to Mum and Dad's today for lunch. Will pop into the butchers and get some pork for dinner on Sunday, they rear their own on a local farm. Off to the allotment first to dig some more.

Big hugs SMOKEY, CANDYGIRL and your DD, HESTER, KATHY, KAAT, SQUIGGLY, PENPIN and anyone else who needs one.

PIXIE we shall miss you.

Tea is corned beef hash and beans.

Have a good day all.

Jan :A xxxx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning n9eav and all to follow,

N9eav that court case was so sad, I cant believe he was found not guilty it makes me mad :mad: .

Looks like it might me nice today, I am off to work today, well I have my course this morning I phoned and complained last week, so this week they are sending the head of department in today to watch the useless teacher, he will phone me after to let me know what he thinks, hopefully things will improve.

Hm fish and chips for tea tonight, and sainsbugs are delivering, other than that it will be a quite night in front of the tv.

I had dd's school photo back yesterday, its really nice but the cheapest individual one of her is £13 :eek: , its shocking, there is no way it can cost that much to develop and print, a class photo is £8, so I might go for that one, you would think some bright spark would come up with a cheaper alternative.

Aussie, I dont have a shower, so will swish and swipe before work again :D

Hugs to marie and ulick, and all in need.

Have good days all xx

Edit, n9eav just read the rest of that article, how can that woman be so stupid ? meeting a bloke and taking him straight into her home ? and then to allow him such close access to her daughters, :mad: , those poor children.
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Morning, just a flying visit as I'm working today, covering sick leave for a colleague and I have to open up :D

FIL has been moved back to his nursing home now his antibiotics have finished and his chest drain has been removed, didn't visit him as he will be worn out with all the moving.
    Uncle has started his treatment and seems quite chirpy.

My mum is taking Miss Twit to school for me until my colleague returns, so I'd better go and shake Miss Twit and get her moving. They have got Morrisby profiling at school today :confused: We went to collect her glasses and there was a problem with the lens/arm so will have to wait a few more days.

Love and hugs to all The Twit :grouphug:

N9eav, it must be so frustrating, the online report portrays it as the Mother's fault.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Morning All
    I managed to reduce a staff member to tears yesterday & I wasn't even trying, we were talking about school dinners (I was the only one who'd enjoyed them as a child) I said it was because I hadn't had regular food at home & explained about my Mum & suddenly she burst into tears, saying how sad it was, lol.
    I bought a piece of gammon in Mr T's yesterday as it was reduced, when I got it home it was pork, that will teach me to look more carefully, roast pork for tea tonight then.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Morning,

not many posts yet - must be these dark mornings, everyone's still snuggled up hopefully.

N9eav, that makes me so cross, I think juries should have full access to all the information. (Edit: just read the article - the whole situation defies belief???!!!) That's good news on your mortgage though, mine is a tracker too & should go down by about £30 a month :)
    Jannyannie, corned beef hash, yummy!! I might do something like that for supper tonight as at Uni 9-5 (thought it was 10am usual start then mate texted last night to say did we all realise it was 9!!!)
    Redruby, glad to hear your mum managed to have something to eat last night, hope she feels better quickly. xx Hope your course is better this week then too. I havent' bought a school photo for years, they never seem a nice enough pic to justify the cost :(
    Mioliere, hope you are feeling a bit less sore & bruised today. Although I would keep the limp going for as long as possible & see if you can take advantage..!!!!
    Hester, lol, are you going to see who else you can make cry today??

Not much OSing today as a full day at Uni & trying to take it easy so I don't retrigger bad head. Will also be careful where I'm walking so I don't go flying again..

Hope all the poorlies continue on the mend and (((((hugs))))) to all those needing them.
    Right, better get up & moving, need to be leaving in just over half an hour ..
    Have a good day all.
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Good Morning All

(((hugs))) if needed

N9eav - sorry to say but I dont have much faith in the justice system at all.

Very chilly here in Essex but I beleive that it is going to be a nice day. Have a load already in the wm and will put another one in if it looks like it will dry.

Have some essential paperwork to do this morning then housework, think will then have a potter in the kitchen. Need to make 2 loaves of bread and some chicken stock.

Nice n easy fry up for tea tonight.

Have a great day all.
    x
  • Morning All,
    Quite mild here today and supposed to stay bright...we'll see
    I'm still doing well with my new found attitude towards money saving, just made my packed lunch for work:)

Must dash as I'm running late already , just thought I would pop in and say hi!
    Hugs to everyone who needs one and hope you all have a nice thursday.
    Dx
    DFW AND OS'ER IN TRAINING!!:D
    Oh and bump due 3rd Dec 09' mummy to be for the first time :T
  • troo
    troo Posts: 252 Forumite
    Morning :hello:

Redruby, how's your mum today?

I watched the news last, I'm sure they just recorded a half hour section then played it on a loop all evening :rolleyes: "Money money money then oh by the way, here's a ten second catch-up of the 2 boys who died in a fire". I would have put the boys story at the top of the list, it's much more important :mad: Shows we have our priorities straight in this country :rolleyes: Oh I hate all the greed and how we've made money our god :mad: Well not me, I actually couldn't give a toss :D

Thanks, I feel better now :D

I'm just going to potter about today. If I can be bothered to do something that needs doing then I'll do it, if not then I'll hide it :D
    I am a coffee bean
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning peeps :wave:

it seems as if it will be a nice day today so i hope that i`m not mistaken.

Big house clean today from top to toe i think if i get on with it as soon as Mr Sunnyday sets off to w*rk then i should have it finished just after lunchtime.

I`ve just taken him his cuppa and wished him Happy Birthday but the downside is that he has to w*rk until 9pm tonight so i shall hardly see him today :(

I shall walk the houndies and nip to the shops later too, i`ll look for a small pressie to cheer Mr S up after all that w*rk.

I shall make liver & bacon casserole in the sc this afternoon and garlic sausage pasta topping in the remoska and then`ll probably need a rest :rolleyes:

N9eav - Very disappointing result for your case, you have my sympathy.

I`m off to check my email now and then have another cuppa :D

Have a wonderful day everyone!

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good morning, all. N9EAV - I really feel for the police at times like this. They put so much work into cases only to find that the obviously guilty are either let off completely or given totally inadequate sentences. In the case of paedophiles I think they should lock them up and throw away the key - it's the only way to keep children safe. You must be so angry about that awful case.

Well, thanks for all the kind thoughts about my ankle. It's much better today - I shall walk up to the shops a bit later (only fifteen minutes there and back). It's actually better to keep using it; I find if I sit still for too long, it aches more.

RedRuby - how is your Mum?

Squiggly - hope you're feeling less sore today.

(((Hugs))) to Smoky, PenPin, Jayward, Essex-girl's Dad, Candygirl's Dad, Beth and her family, Pippa's DH and Mum and Meanmarie and her DH.

Churchmouse - :hello: :hello: :hello:

Well, the weather is already looking lovely out there so we're in for another good day, I think. I have a load in the WM ready to go out. The thing is, this time of year, you need to get it out as early as possible to get the benefit.

I shall clean the bathroom then prep for tonight's beef stew and dumplings in the Remoska and I shall also use it to make some scones.

I have some work to do which I hope to get done this morning and then I shall treat myself to a couple of hours off this afternoon.

Well, what a momentous day it was yesterday. So much money being bandied about by the Government (our money, of course, they wouldn't be so free and easy if it was theirs!). I was astounded to learn that several local authorities have invested money in Icelandic banks. I won't be quite so understanding the next time they put the Council Tax up; how can they plead poverty, cut back on services like Meals on Wheels and deny people weekly rubbish collections (we're lucky - we still have them and our binmen will take everything we leave out even if it's not in the wheelie bin) yet still have money to spare for investing? It has made me very angry. It's surprising what you learn when the you-know-what hits the fan! Let's hope what Government has done actually works.

Well, I'm mioliering so I'd better get on.

See you later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business