What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 2nd October?

Options
What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 2 October
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
Total repaid: £10,490.31
Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
SAVINGS: £20,000
Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 October 2017 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Morning!

Hope I haven't cross-posted. Am on the pc this morning as my phone is dead (charger in work!) Have been mse by not buying a second one!

Hopefully I won't get told off too much for yesterday :o

OH seems to be a bit on the mend. His temperature keeps coming up a bit and he's sleeping but his cough is def better than it was. Little weigh-in today, 1.25lb down so can't complain. I was really hungry last night though so hopefully today will be better.

Mission:
    • Meals from plan - done
    • Prep tomorrow's meals - done
    • Look out for gym refund :eek: - done - 70 has come back so far...
    • Behave myself at work to redeem myself :o - done. I have managed a very cool thing today.
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • See if FB buyer comes. Two no-shows. Then he just messages and rearranges! - nope. P.I.Staker
    • No drinkies - done
    • Gym at lunch time (better make the most of this money eh? :rotfl:) - done
    • Crochet - but what?! I'm up to date with the sunshine and showers (well ish - but cannot face all those little flowers again.) - forgot that I had started a dress for myself! Maybe ready for Christmas?!
    Have a good one folks

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2017 at 7:06PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Thanks for starting the thread CLF - hope you have a good day at work and your OH is better soon :)
    I slept most of the night, after having slept most of yesterday afternoon, so I must have needed it - feel better this morning :) which is just as well, as I am looking after little GD while her mum goes for a scan. Apparently it is 'boring' looking at pictures of her little brother or sister :rotfl: At least DD will be able to ask any questions she has and be able to listen to the answers!

Other things:
    Washing is already out on the line :DAll dry, must fold and put away (hopefully there is nothing that needs ironing!)
    Picked some raspberries and blueberries for my breakfast :)
    May take GD to the park Took her to the park for most of the morning :)
    Must stay in this afternoon, as an ebayer is supposed to be coming to pick up their item Buyer turned up as arranged :)
    List some more things on ebay Managed to list 6 items
    Do some bits in the garden if it stays fine Not done :(
    Do some cleaning - dusting today I think, judging by the look of the furniture :oNor this - still feeling tired and headachey
    HM meals from stores, must get something out of the freezer for dinner Done, found some trout
    Hoping for a NSD :DNothing spent :T
    'Do something' with a large bowl of gifted apples - or better still, get OH to do it :DNot done
    Remind OH to take most of remainder of birthday cakes to the community group he belongs to. We are trying to lose weight, and lovely though they are, multiple large cakes will not help! Done, very well received by all accounts :)
    Did a few surveys, I am pennies away from cashing out on Onepoll :)
    Wrapped ebay items for posting tomorrow (one more to do now)
    Put an unwanted cool box on freecycle and someone has asked for it already. We have two ordinary cool boxes, a cool bag, and an electric cool box :o - don't need all those! The two ordinary ones were £1 car boot purchases ages ago, the coolbag a gift, only the electric one was bought new, but still.... so rehoming the biggest one, to free up a bit of space :)
    More coffee needed first, I think!
    Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2017 at 7:47PM
    Options
    Morning carrie & thanks for starting the thread :) yay to another day off. Will go back to work tomorrow....

Washing machine is being delivered this morning between 8-12 :j will give me the op to clean the house which usually always gets sidelined for the allotment! WM delivered and installed by moi :D who needs a £14.99 installation cost or wants to wait until the male in the household comes home??! :D:money:

[STRIKE]Will go to the allotment and do an hour's digging. [/STRIKE]Am now going to start on the autumn clean proper :) depending on time WM gets here I may walk there didn't walk...

want to photo and list items on fleabay

[STRIKE]clean car out - it's a shocking mess! [/STRIKE] took some rubbish out. that counts right????

[STRIKE]things out of freezer for tea with lashings of veg[/STRIKE] :rotfl:

check onepoll

Am going to start knitting some socks - I've never been able to finish one! I always mess it up after the heel! :o

meditate & [STRIKE]listen to audio book[/STRIKE]

considered buying jam jars for raspberry & prossecco jam and a couple bottles for sloe gin and blackberry whiskey. Had a root around the larder and cupboard and realised I don't need to do that as can recycle things from stores :)

madam has a dentist appt and I want to park where it's free but then it's a bit of a walk for her. Might just swallow the parking charge.... hurrah found a solution. Madam will take her scooter. Win win :cool:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: thanks for the start Carrie

Quick post for me:

Left overs for lunch/tea for everyone, saved a meal from plan
    Hot drink for commute
    Half a slice of cake to work rather than a whole one to make it go further
    Cook chickpeas, make hummus
    Check banking, update sheet
    Check surveys
    More knitting tonight, I might be able to finish it. If I get a good run at it :D

Have a good day folks, Purps.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

Carrie - Thanks for starting us off today

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Another shocking nights sleep so today I'm going to be kind to myself and not push myself to get lots done. Today we will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Luckyphone, Ashleigh, FPL -

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• uphillstruggler
    uphillstruggler Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2017 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Morning all and thanks for being such a positive group and brightening my day :) Just heard a friend has passed away :(

Does anyone have any experience with paying a load of coins (pennies, 2ps, 5ps) in at the bank? B**clays, if that helps. I remember a couple of years back I tried to pay some cash - only about £3.50 - in at N********e and they said they didn't accept cash. Keen to declutter and keen to get those pennies into our account! Thanks for any advice.

Today I will/have:
    *[STRIKE]check accounts[/STRIKE] - done
    *[STRIKE]transfer funds to cover outgoing payments[/STRIKE] - done
    *[STRIKE]get some free exercise[/STRIKE] - done
    *pay coins in at the bank (if they'll take them)
    *[STRIKE]work, work, work[/STRIKE] - done
    *[STRIKE]clean the flat - [/STRIKE] - done, phew
    *budget for October - bit late to the party, I know :D
    *[STRIKE]couple of freegle items being picked up[/STRIKE] - done

Have a super day,
    US
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss Uphill Struggler :(
    Most banks will accept coins if they are counted into the little pastic coin bags provided - the bags need to contain the right number of the right denomination of coins so they can be weighed rather than counted. I keep a few bags on the go and when they contain the correct amount, pay them in. The bank will give you the bags for free :)
  • uphillstruggler
    Options
    Thanks, Dawn :)
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    hope you're ok uphillstruggler x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • tantaraza
    Options
    Hi, I hope it's okay to drop in :o I'm still relatively new on the debt free journey but there are no big things to cut (e.g. Sky) so it's really only small things I can do and it would be nice to have somewhere I can talk and be held accountable :o

Today I am going to phone the CAB and ask for a form I need to be posted out to me. Hopefully they'll do this? I'm going to try to advertise some unwanted items on Gumtree too.

Sorry to hear about your loss, uphillstruggler :( NatWest have a coin deposit machine but I can't remember if it's only for customers, if you have a nearby branch it may be worth popping in to ask them? Or I second DawnW's suggestion of using coin bags :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure