Oops I did it again, I played with my cards!

Options

Comments

• BEAT_THE_DEBT
    BEAT_THE_DEBT Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Well done on keeping to budgets. That's where debt comes from not waiting xx
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I intended posting yesterday but our wifi was down and didn't fancy typing out on my phone.

I had a lovely day yesterday, had a very productive day of washing and pegging out, went to see my dad (spent £5 on cards at tesco - I know I'm a fool). We then had my in-laws over and I cooked a Sunday dinner. I properly spoilt my DH, he was hungover from a night out on Saturday night, so he pretty much lay and slept in a hammock in the garden all day. He woke to be fed and speak to his parents and then when they had gone he immediately went back to sleep again. I said he must remember this for when it's Mother's Day, I want to be waited on all day!

Today we have had piano lessons and I thought I would have to pay this months fees but it turns out they are not due until 3rd July which means I am £68 up this month :T

I spent about an hour looking at my excel spreadsheet when I got back trying to work out how much money I need to put into the savings account to cover annual expenses, it is a bit confusing but this is what I have done.

Car maintenance (£156/£500) -£114
    Insurance (£0/£600) £50
    Tax (£0/£30) £2.50
    School Trips (£0/£240) £20
    Pet costs ( £0/£500) £45.50
    Days out (£0/£300) £25
    Clothes (£0/£900) £75
    Christmas (£0/£600) £50
    Holidays (£273/£3000) £-23.63
    Birthdays (£0/£300) £25
    Instrument (£0/£120) £10

Total to savings account £168.37

In the brackets is how much I've spent so far and outside the brackets is how much is in the savings account for each category. In the past I have saved every month but then I get excited that I am flush and end up spending it on fun things (normally a holiday). I am determined to keep a check of how much is in there, it will also help me to see if the amount I've budgeted is enough.

Today has been a NSD, I'm hoping that the rest of the week is to be honest because I now only have have £6 left to last me the month after I spent £5 on cards and £1 on hairspray. I really need a cheap weekend this weekend.

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • emmie26
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: at this rate it will be operation outside table for next summer :p :rotfl::rotfl:

I've still not got round to eBay, I am hopeless :o
    Well done on keeping to budgets. That's where debt comes from not waiting xx

It definitely does, I am soooo impatient but I must learn to wait and budget for things that I want :A

debt reduced by 32%
  • emmie26
    Options
    Well today was going to be a NSD but my car needs more diesel, normally £40 lasts the month but in my new job I'm doing loads more miles as I cover the whole county. I will get expenses back but for the first couple of months I'll have to pay it out before I've got the money - boo!

I've been a busy bee at work today and the mood has carried on when I've got home, I'm just out with DD at the min but when I get back I am getting myself in the garden to do a bit more, the builders are starting the patio tomorrow and I want to make sure I'm all sorted ready for them.

My updated to do list:

[STRIKE]Clear patio[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Paint pallet furniture[/STRIKE]
    Paint door of downstairs loo
    [STRIKE]Sort out paperwork and filing[/STRIKE]
    List shoes on Facebook or eBay (I've still no got round to this)
    Go through DC's wardrobes and make list of what clothes are needed for summer hols.
    [STRIKE]Get Father's Day treats DH, FIL, Dad - possibly bake cakes[/STRIKE]
    Close savings accounts (found 2 Britannia books with small amounts in) as I've got a day off in the week this is what I'm doing tomorrow afternoon
    [STRIKE]Meal plan for the week and buy essentials[/STRIKE]
    Weed garden borders - as soon as I get home I'm doing some more of this as well as transferring 2 plants from pots into my border to fill up some of the newly weeded areas.
    [STRIKE]Book a days holiday from work for sports day[/STRIKE] got tomorrow off yay!
    [STRIKE]Sort childcare, so we actually know who is picking DD up [/STRIKE]

5 more days until payday, it has been a loooong month, I think because we went away right at the start it makes it harder to keep to the budget. I'm looking forward to updating my debt figures :T

debt reduced by 32%
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay I love it when you get in busy bee mode Emmie :T

I agree re payday, mine is 5 days away too and feels like forever ago since we last got paid xx
    Mummytogirls x

• emmie26
    Options
    Well it's my day off and I've been up earlier than a work day :T
    I'm going to get up and sorted ready for the builders to arrive - I'm excited!
    Just going to put a bit of make up on and then pancakes for brekkie.

debt reduced by 32%
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your day off Emmie. Nice you have the unexpected piano money as well.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Happy day off :D Enjoy the sun... list on ebay so you'll be enjoying the sun with a nice shiny new table soon ;)
  • emmie26
    Options
    Gosh can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday!
    Sports day was lovely, I spent £2 on a coffee and a scone but it was for pta funds so all good. I came last in the egg and spoon race, I felt I had a really bouncy egg and it kept bouncing off my spoon :rotfl:
    I didn't get chance to go into town because the builders were around and I have been pretty much backwards and forwards to the house even on my days in work because I want to make sure there are no problems, up to yet I've caught them just as they were about to rip out my neighbours wall :eek: I'd explained everything I wanted to one guy and then he has sent two other people so some things have been lost in communication.

Money wise I have finally got all my owed money yay! £198 is in my sweaty paws ready for my outside table. £68 piano money, £30 owed money and £100 from BIL for merlin pass. Only £101 to find. :j should get it just in time for the patio being finished.

I am patiently waiting for Monday and trying not to spend much money this weekend, I think the plan is for a picnic today, my DH has found a lovely nature area while he has been cycling to work and he thinks our DD will love it so we are off there in a minute. Tomorrow we are going to make the most of our Merlin passes with a day at Alton Towers and take picnic and snacks etc.
    My dad is coming over tonight, we did say we'd get a takeaway but I think we are going to make a Thai curry and save some pennies.

Happy weekend everyone :)

debt reduced by 32%
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely weekend planned!

Have a nice day :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories