NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• Sazzle13
    Sazzle13 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick reply today, wow this thread moves at speed!

NSD 4/18
    Petrol (parking) £20.71/£100
    Food £4.85/£100
    Entertainment £0/£100
    Food to work 5/22
    Stoptober 5/31 no crisps or chocolate

No great plans today so fingers crossed for another NSD
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Went for a really early night last night so didn't get a chance to post.

Organise - mushrooms used up last night plus some green beans. I blanched the rest of the beans and have frozen until a later date. Had been using up some porridge sachets that my mum gave me but they've now ran out. They're quite pricy to buy for so I made my own ones ready to take to work today.

Budget - £51.73/£150 food, £15/£20 social
    Still haven't checked bank account so see if I can make a wee payment, will do that this morning

Getting ready - chilly yesterday morning so I've popped my gloves into my bag. Got out the blankets which are now on the arm of each sofa ready for the colder evenings

NSDs - 5/20 yesterday :D

Stoptober - a little packet of dolly mixtures may have been eaten :o

Exercise - over 18,000 steps. mothernerd walking to and from walk every day gets me about 11,000 and my job can sometimes be fairly physical so quite easy to get the steps in. Took all my gym stuff with me to work yesterday as I was planning to go after or run home but wasn't feeling up to it. Will do this after work today instead.

Extra income - 1hr overtime at work yesterday plus completed a few surveys :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mothernerd that's the attitude i strife for. To remember the things done/achieved rather than to focus on the things left to do.

sashanut I've got cellar envy. Back in Germany everybody has a cellar even in tenements. Solves so many storage problems.

Lunch to work and some of the apfelmus i made for afters. Short run and SFD planned. Will send of the form to the DVLA to change my name on my license. It's free, yay :)

Till later
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Haven't managed to check in due to work commitments but no spends since Tuesday :D
    I'm having dgs this weekend so shouldn't need to buy anything and, other than going for a stroll if the weather permits, probably won't leave the house!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Gratitudes: The moon this morning was FABULOUS! Had to take DS1 to school for 7am for a robotics competition trip, and got to see the moon, and realise that by the end of the month, when the clocks go back, school run will begin in the dark.
    Yay!! I think genetically I was born to live in a cave.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just checking in.

Today will certainly be a spend day as I am off to Aldi for my weekly shop. So NSD total is still 4. Hoping for nothing sat & sun but we will see!!

Lots to do today so I can spend some more relaxed time with the kids tomorrow.

Made a list last night off all the foods i need to use up in the house, my challenge is to use something from the list on a daily basis :)

Today I am grateful for 2 lovely children,
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah pressed reply. I am greatful for my 2 lovely children, that we live in such a beautiful place with lots for them to do and my lovely neighbour who returned my escapee chicken last night xx
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture furtively whilst mouthing 'look over there'
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 6 October 2017 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Was so busy replying, I forgot to report on my own day yesterday.

Early morning phone call from mum's cleaner, worrying about the kettle (leaking water including on the electrical bits). Assured her that it was on the day's list along with the garden sieve and a rail for hanging more cups (mum changed things round and put utensils on the hooks I put up for cups).

Was nearly ready so set off to get cash for mum, small purchase for me (I had to take my NSD back as I temporarily forgot it) as I only had £20 notes and needed change for the taxi, then onto the shop for the bulky items and then phoned for the taxi to mum's.

Set up the new kettle but was mostly a quiet day (Thursday is my old visiting day so I don't feel guilty if I don't do too much 'work'). Weathe was too changeable to continue armchair gardening. Put together a shopping list for mum but it may not be a SM delivery. There are a few items needed from different shops so it may make sense to 'batch shop' next week.

Will also start separate lists for different shops and get those items if I go near that shop. She is low on tinned soup so one day next week I will go the little Arseda, buy 3 of each variety she likes and then get the taxi to mum's, so I'm only carrying them into the house.

Did more embroidery and some sewing for crafts (just finishing bits), watched a film, made tea. Second set of antibiotics was delivered by the pharmacy, so hopefully that system is now working.

Before anyone asks, yes I could make soup for mum but she likes the tins, they are easy for her to do whilst she is feeling the benefit of the pills (may change as we go into winter and then I will be the one pleased with an easy to do meal), we are stock piling for winter (I've tidied enough to now have cupboard space for things like that) and she was telling me all her plans for making cakes for the Christmas fair - aaargh.

Now she is feeling so much better, she's planning to come out of cake retirement and use her 1/2 hour of energy a day (she even gets exhausted writing a letter) to prepare cakes. Of course I am included in these plans. I don't want to have the freezer space blocked for all of October and November and tried to suggest alternatives (making cakes that would look colourful and inviting on the stall but don't involve hours of work and use up the ingredients already taking up shelf room).

Now that she can't control her hands sufficiently, she has decided my icing skills are sufficient. One of her plans, once I decoded it, involves making seven fruit cakes in cans (6 small, 1 large grapefruit tin) which will then be turned into candles covered in icing stars, for 'them to raffle'. I'm going to need that break in December. Meanwhile will keep trying to talk her down - she always forgets that I am not a bakery full of staff. The year before I made her retire her cake tins she put us both in bed for a week.

Mum said I didn't need to go today. I had intended to but we did the 'after you, no after you' thing until finally I said I would decide today and surprise her. I wrote a list of things (I need) to do, including several for mum so will work on that and may go later so that the day is broken up. Her hairdresser goes late morning and she has people visiting on Saturday and everyone knows to phone me if there is anything wrong. I really have to catch up with things like laundry (that might be the decider as I might be out of socks). Already thrown the bath mat, towels and bedding down.

For yesterday I am grateful for a project turning out well, quiet time with mum and for some lovely sunny bits between the downpours.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Will update my post later if things change but today will not be a NSD as I need to renew my driving licence. Cannot use my passport as its post-dated and has my married name. It's a bit of a nuisance having to renew it for £17 and then having to renew it again with my name change for another £17 but I can't really be without my car/licence until after the wedding so I'll have to do that this afternoon at the post office. So that's by NSD ruined!

Saturday and Sunday will be very spendy as it's my hen-do. I'm not feeling particularly hen-do-ish at the moment. Trying to gather excitement but it's not there at the moment. I'm exciting to be getting married for sure, just think I'm expecting things to go wrong tomorrow or something. Im also excited to see my friend/bridesmaid Emma who has been in Australia since February! Im sure I'll be excited when I'm getting ready but right now it just feels like another normal, boring day. Then I feel bad for not getting super excited. I think perhaps all the wedding planning has finally caught up with me and now I'm in this 'I want it all to be over and done with' frame of mind as it's taken so much out of me!

I regretted using entertainment budget last night on my takeaway as it wasn't great (I had butter chicken, won't be having that again!). It's what that budget is there for so I'm not particularly bothered about spending it just a bit disappointed that we dipped into it so early on in the month.

Tonight I'll make something from scratch as I'm off today. I'm not back at work until Tuesday.

Overtime was offered but I didn't take it - we work to time standards in the office and overtime would be granted but would not be in line with time standards (expected to do one third more of work than usual) which would be fine but I'd be claiming 4 hours overtime and working six hours to get the work finished. We would not get time back for extra two hours - so two hours would be un-paid and not given back. I'm not doing that - there is no incentive to be even more overworked and underpaid than we already are! Think it may have been a ploy to ensure no-one wants to do the overtime!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family