CSA1 Case closed for 5yrs but now REOPENED!

I am in total shock, please help...and I ask can the CSA reopen my old case?

I had an incling that the PWC was going to open a case with the CSA before the child was born.

Knowing this I sold my house and purchased a different one with my longterm partner, to give me high housing costs before the child was born and the mother could open a case against me.

The CSA made contact as I expected and an assessment was made!

I will admit I did not want to pay the amount stated but had to.

After the assessment was all done and out of the way I persuaded my partner to sell her house and move in with me. We used the sale of her property to pay off nearly all of the mortgage on our new home.

My concern is that the CSA never included my partner in the assessment, my housing costs were down £500pm when we paid the mortgage off and the CSA never carried out a reassessment for 6 years. I paid what they asked always.

After 6yrs they started asking for partner details, (partner did not know anything about this child), so I rented a flat and give them the new rented details and said I live there.

They started asking about my property and my partner (I had now explained everthing to her) and we decided to remove my name from the deeds and leeave hers only then inform CSA I had gone back to my homeland.

It worked out better than we expected the CSA closed the case down. Maintenance no longer in force were the actual words used.

After all these years they have sent a letter to our house asking for details of proof of actual residence and that they are looking into reassessing the case for the whole period to include my partner!

Please help, can they do this?

We were both full time employed, no children and our joint income was £3200 net pm. The CSA were allowing me housing costs of £734pm, do you know how much I should have been paying?

:mad:

Comments

• mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    I don't know much about CSA but I imagine you owe alot of money and will have to pay it all, and quite right too your child is entitled to support from you. From your point of view I would worry more about the fact you have lied, not sure if their are legal comebacks on this. It looks quite fraudulent to me. I think someone who knows more about CSA will be along with accurate advice.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • It would be hard to calculate how much the csa will asses you owe as you have told lies and wilfully deceived them and it would prove time consuming and complex to pick through the web you have woven in order to avoid paying for your child.

Who knows? I hope they take you to the cleaners and more. Despicable.
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Karma!

People like the OP are the one's who give every NRP a bad name.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DX2 wrote: »
    Karma!

People like the OP are the one's who give every NRP a bad name.

You mean we have a bad name? :eek:
    I think the original post is an April fool test gone wrong :o
    Too may things don't add up , like the letter of intent on what they are going to do :j
  • sjc3
    sjc3 Posts: 366 Forumite
    This has got to be an april fool, nobody is that stupid :rotfl::rotfl:
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    sjc3 wrote: »
    This has got to be an april fool, nobody is that stupid :rotfl::rotfl:
    You would be surprised what length some people go to to avoid paying child support ;):p
    It never even crossed my mind that it might be an April's fool as you hear/read so many far fetched stories on MSE, sometimes it's hard to believe what is real and what isn't real.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • DUTR
    DX2 wrote: »
    You would be surprised what length some people go to to avoid paying child support ;):p
    It never even crossed my mind that it might be an April's fool as you hear/read so many far fetched stories on MSE, sometimes it's hard to believe what is real and what isn't real.

Thankfully the only place I know where such people will go to such great lengths is on MSE :o
    Whilst I know folk who are customers to the CSA from both sides of the fence, the episodes seem to run quite smoothly, could be just the circles I associate with :o
  • infant2801
    infant2801 Posts: 75 Forumite
    mumps wrote: »
    I don't know much about CSA but I imagine you owe alot of money and will have to pay it all, and quite right too your child is entitled to support from you. From your point of view I would worry more about the fact you have lied, not sure if their are legal comebacks on this. It looks quite fraudulent to me. I think someone who knows more about CSA will be along with accurate advice.

But how can you say that - I paid EVERY penny for six years that they asked for, 12% of my then wages.

I never lied, I gave them my details for my new address including housing costs £734pm they allowed, my wages of £423.00pw net...they never asked of my partner details -so I never had to include.

It was AFTER the 1st and only assessment was made and sorted out,... the PWC had her money she was after and my partner sold her property to pay off our mortgage.

CSA do not ask NRP to provide any changes apart from new additions to the family or children leaving the family...we never had children.

I've always paid what was due totalling over £25,000 until THEY said maintenance no longer in force, I was not even expecting that myself.
  • DUTR
    infant2801 wrote: »
    But how can you say that - I paid EVERY penny for six years that they asked for, 12% of my then wages.

I never lied, I gave them my details for my new address including housing costs £734pm they allowed, my wages of £423.00pw net...they never asked of my partner details -so I never had to include.

It was AFTER the 1st and only assessment was made and sorted out,... the PWC had her money she was after and my partner sold her property to pay off our mortgage.

CSA do not ask NRP to provide any changes apart from new additions to the family or children leaving the family...we never had children.

I've always paid what was due totalling over £25,000 until THEY said maintenance no longer in force, I was not even expecting that myself.

So it looks like your devious scheme never worked, how old is the child and when was the case opened?
  • mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    infant2801 wrote: »

After 6yrs they started asking for partner details, (partner did not know anything about this child), so I rented a flat and give them the new rented details and said I live there.

They started asking about my property and my partner (I had now explained everthing to her) and we decided to remove my name from the deeds and leeave hers only then inform CSA I had gone back to my homeland.

It worked out better than we expected the CSA closed the case down. Maintenance no longer in force were the actual words used.

:mad:

How can I say that, look at what you have said above, you said you lived at another address, you informed CSA you had gone back to your homeland. Was this true, the way I read it you were trying to get out of paying. You say it worked out better than expected so this makes it sound like you were trying lying to get out of paying. If you did lie you deserve what you get, which hopefully will be a big bill.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family