Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Comments

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    :rotfl: That sounds like great fun starnac :rotfl:

(bet her parents knew exactly what you were up to though ;):D )

As a parent now I would say they did. :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    starnac wrote: »
    I suppose the problem would come if there were step children involved. As in one partner dies and his children expect their share of the house etc. But a will should clear up an issue like that I would think.

Fortunately neither of us have children so no chance of such complications here :D

Liquid soap has thickened nicely and I've bottled it now :j :j Entire squirty hand wash tub for me, another for my mum and there's still 3 pints of the damn stuff leftover :eek: :rotfl: We won't need to buy any soap for a while! :rotfl:

But soap's quite versatile, yes? We can use it as washing up liquid, and shower gel, and in the washing machine...
  • starnac
    I'd love the recipe for liquid soap please :D
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Cheery_Daff
    I used these instructions to turn a failed bar of my own home made soap into liquid. Except it didn't quite work as in the instructions, and I ended up using 3 cups of grated soap to 10 cups of water and 2 tbsp glycerine.

I certainly wouldn't advocate making your own soap, ruining it, then turning it into liquid soap as a quick and easy way to get a bit of handwash! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think there's plenty of instructions for making liquid soap from scratch out there, but I've never used any of them :rotfl:

For bar soap I usually use these instructions but I've been experimenting with UK-grown oils - won't bother giving you the recipe as it didn't work very well! :rotfl:
  • starnac
    :rotfl: :rotfl: maybe I'll just google it!!

Are you racing tomorrow did I see?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Cheery_Daff
    Probably best to just google it, yes :D Let me know if you find an easy recipe :rotfl: (not that I need any more liquid soap for a while now!)

Yes, I did indeed race today, the LIverpool 10k :j Excellent fun, and the vile weather on the drive over fortunately cleared up and it was pretty sunny for most of the race, and we did the kids race with my nephews too (how exhausting is that? 10k, a sprint finish, and then another 1k race with 3 over enthusiastic boys straight after?? :eek: )

Anyway, we all got medals and goody bags (including a tin of salmon :rotfl: ) and had a picnic in the park :j In fact, I got a free egg butty, because they'd turned the burners off and only had one that had been sat there for a while looking all shrivelled - the woman put it on a roll for me then said 'I'm not bloody charging you for that, look at it!' :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mind you, I did pay £1.50 for the tea, which was made with off milk, so it all worked out in the end :rotfl:
  • starnac
    My biggest grumble is when they make tea with long life milk bleurgh!!!

However £1.50 for a cup of tea? :eek:

Well done on your 11k race today ;) question is though.....did you beat your sister? :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Cheery_Daff
    We had a sprint finish as usual and she usually ends up miles in front but I was *right* behind her this time - must have been less than a second as the official time is exactly the same for both of us at 1.21.49 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Gosh I'm proper achey this morning though :eek: Sat on the grass for an hour after race then spent 2 hours driving home and even after a bath nd an evening stroll (to get a takeaway :o :rotfl: ) I'm as stiff as a board! :eek:

Stupidly didn't cancel my alarm yesterday so rudely woken at 6am :eek: lying here ever since thinking 'owwwwe' and ' i'd really rather like a cup of tea but can't be arsed getting up' :o :rotfl:

Not much planned for today :j bit of pottering, i'd like to do *something* house related and maybe a spot of gardening. Might pop to an open artist studio event with a friend, and neighbours are having open house tea and cake later too :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Evening chums :hello:

Tiredy tired today. Mr Cheery came to bed at 4.30 this morning and the roof was leaking - in a different place this time :eek: Put a tub under it :o but I then lay awake til alarm went off at 6am raking (quite calmly and peacefully, but even so) through every little thing in the back of my mind - 'oops, I didn't reply to that text message' etc :mad: :rotfl:

Of course, once the alarm went off I was overcome with weariness and couldn't face getting out of bed and ended up hurtling down hill to the station on my bike and eating my breakfast on the train :rotfl:

Nice day at work :j interesting stuff and not too busy - perfect sort of day. Then Mr Cheery made an incredibly tasty risotto :j and now he's gone out and I'm pretty much ready to go to bed :o :rotfl:

Just sorting through YNAB - good job I've got that budget fiddling category I tell you :rotfl: £5.60 misplaced this time - sure I spent it on something sensible but I cannot imagine what :o Ah well. Budget fiddling category has been less than £8 each month since I started it in November so I'm not going to worry too much.

I have to say, this managing money business is rather more dull when you just get one wage, exactly the same, every single month :o I mean, I'm not complaining or anything :eek: :rotfl: but I just plonk it into YNAB when it arrives, parcel out to various bills, savings accounts, spending money pots etc - and then there's pretty much nowt to do other than track spending for the rest of the month. Doesn't feel like much of a sense of achievement :o does that make any sense at all?! :o :rotfl:

NOT that I want to go back to the days of scrabbling round for every last penny :eek: :eek: but I kind of feel like I'd like to make a bit on the side - just so I'd have somewhere to put it and feel like I was *doing* something :o :rotfl:

Gosh, clearly I'm tired :rotfl: :rotfl: Quick shower and off to bed with me I think :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Ooh, just realised I hadn't updated my signature in a while :j Not a bad effort considering it's only the start of May! :j :j I can't remember what my original aim was :o :rotfl: Might have been aiming for a specific amount *in* savings, rather than saved this year, but I can't remember :o :rotfl:

I've got 7 months of wages left this year (get paid on last day of the month, so December's will count as income for January). I've been trying to put away just over £400 a month, which would mean another £2800 this year - meaning £5k is a tantilisingly close aim...

... but then with one thing and another I've not managed this month, and I do NOT want to have us scrimping on house sorting because I'm squirrelling everything away!

So I might say saving £5k this year would be a nice aim, but I'm not going to break my back, how's that? :D

Saying that, if I could sort out some kind of little bits of extra from somewhere, they'd go in nicely... Might have a wander round the boards like in the old days...

(probably better off going to bed, but hey ho... )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure