Zoverstocks

Comments

• Glad to have found this thread. I was starting to get a bit tetchy thinking someone was deliberately undercutting my listings by a penny to have a dig at me!!! :T
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I used them via Play. Absolutely no issues. Product turned up on time, correctly packaged :)
  • Hi have made many purchases from them both via Amazon and Play and found them not only cheap but also fast and with incredibly good customer services.
    I would not hesitate recommending them.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Makes business sense, If you open a new shop you rely on passing trade not repeat business and new
    business from word of mouth, So it makes sense to open near you competitor and undercut them.

Once established you can charge the same and hope your customer service is better.

They are selling to make a profit, Selling private items should in theory mean you can undercut them.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• squack
    squack Posts: 633 Forumite
    Makes business sense, If you open a new shop you rely on passing trade not repeat business and new
    business from word of mouth, So it makes sense to open near you competitor and undercut them.

Once established you can charge the same and hope your customer service is better.

They are selling to make a profit, Selling private items should in theory mean you can undercut them.

zoverstocks must use some kind of pricing software which automatically sets the price one pence below the cheapest competitor, or match it if it's at the minimum allowable price. they can afford to do it because they pay a low price for items through their Music Magpie service. They rely on huge turn over of stock, thousands of items per day though Amazon and Playtrade i would imagine. I have found them to be pretty slow on delivery sometimes but overall a pretty good service. As a private seller on Playtrade or Amazon you can manipulate their software pricing system because if you are otherwise the cheapest seller of an item, they will always price 1p below you, so simply set the price you are happy with and offer a free 2p coin included with your item, hey presto, you are the cheapest!
    squaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkk!!!! :money:
  • Best thing is to play them at their own game, but DON'T undercut them, as their software will just keep on going 1p under your price...and the price will just keep going down and down until it isn't worth your while selling due to postage and commission.

Simply match their price and you will be listed as the lowest price plus their computer software wont undercut you again until your price is lower.

....then let the customer decide who to buy off. You'll win some and you'll lose some but you'll get the satisfaction of giving Zoverstocks a gigantic two cyber fingers up!! :T
  • squack
    Yes they will always go 1p lower even on a price match. Even if your item is listed as having the disc missing and the case has been stamped on several times. In theory you could list all your broken items for 1p or 2p then buyers would have a field day when zoverstocks slash their prices accordingly
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I suspect that as this is a moneysaving site, many users will have been happy to take advantage of zoverstocks.
  • squack
    well lets face it zoverstocks is in the same league as the money for gold type people, their music magpie adverts on day time tv encouraging the terminally skint to flog their cd and dvd collections for a fraction of the original value, and re-selling each item for maybe ten times? the amount through various online market places, a good business model and very commendable for the recycling aspect but when linked with the undercutting of all other sellers on Play trade etc its not surprising that there is resentment out there, truly they are the Tesco of second hand cds and dvds
  • StacFace
    StacFace Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Anybody know if they have a phone number? I bought a DVD from them and they sent the wrong one, so I emailed them and they got back to me the next week apologising and promising to send the right thing out. Waited a while and still no replacement so emailed them and was told that it would be due to Royal Mail delays as my item was posted on 29th December, which was wrong as I only made the complaint at the start of January. Before receiving this email I actually received the replacement and it was the exact same wrong item again they'd sent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure