Martin Lewes, Money Saving Expert Blog Discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's "Martin Lewes, Money Saving Expert" blog. Please read the blog first, as the discussion follows it.

Read Martin's "Martin Lewes Money Saving Expert" Blog

IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE SITE AND WANT TO SAVE MONEY GO STRAIGHT TO THE HOME PAGE

Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• TNG
    TNG Posts: 6,930 Forumite
    isn't there a Martyn Lewis that reads the news?

google that and the first two results are this site :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :dance:There's a real buzz about the neighbourhood :dance:
  • annie-c
    annie-c Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    Martin Louise.... interesting - are you trying to tell us something???? ;)
  • Kelinik
    Kelinik Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Erm Martine Lewis, Martin Looez.....can't think of anymore that aren't getting very unlikely.

Just thinking though won't it take ages before these get picked up by google or is that only the case with my site because its small and insignificant lol?
    :heart2: Mumma to DD 13yrs, DD 11yrs & DS 3 yrs. :heart2:
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Some kind of spelling adjustment would be in order methinks... ;)

perhaps read the blog entry
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • The other way to do it is to put some hidden text on the home page with all the different spellings, i.e. tiny white text on a white background. I discovered this while searching for cheap Barbie stuff for the kids and was often redirected to !!!!!! sites which had done just this - SICKOS :mad:

Luckily the wife was watching and I could prove it, otherwise it might have been a bit embarassing :o :rolleyes:
    Jumbo

"You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mastin Lewos

NartunL ewis

...must get away from this thread or I'll be at it all day.....

Matriurinlewis

Katrin Mewes

,artin ;ewis

money saver Martu;

munnysaiving xpurt

,styom ;reod

that b***x on the radio :eek: :D
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • nERUB KWQUA (if you type with hands one key length to the left)

<styom :reod (vice versa)

It would take someone with exceptional stupidity to do this (me, for example :p)
  • jpjp_2
    jpjp_2 Posts: 23 Forumite
    I think you need to use an eBay MoneySavingTip here. There are those sites like FatFingers.com where you can find misspelt keywords on eBay - for example say you were into collecting Wedgwood china, you put that keyword in and it finds all the auctions with spellings like Wedwood, Wegwood and so on (the idea being that you can pick up bargains because very few people find them because most people know how to spell it)

So, put "Martin" and "Lewis" separately into FatFingers.com and you get...

nartin, martim, martib, msrtin, marton, martun, maryin, marrin, mirtin, martan, martii, marttn, marrin, maatin, mmrtin, martinn, martiin, marttin, marrtin, maartin, mmartin, martni, maritn, matrin, mratin, amrtin, marti, martn, marin, matin, mrtin, artin

lewid, lewia, lewos, lewus, lrwis, lwwis, leeis, leqis, lewas, leuis, lewiz, lewii, lewws, leeis, llwis, lewiss, lewiis, lewwis, leewis, llewis, lewsi, leiws, lweis, elwis, lewi, lews, leis, lwis, ewis
  • jpjp wrote:
    I think you need to use an eBay MoneySavingTip here. There are those sites like FatFingers.com where you can find misspelt keywords on eBay - for example say you were into collecting Wedgwood china, you put that keyword in and it finds all the auctions with spellings like Wedwood, Wegwood and so on (the idea being that you can pick up bargains because very few people find them because most people know how to spell it)

So, put "Martin" and "Lewis" separately into FatFingers.com and you get...

nartin, martim, martib, msrtin, marton, martun, maryin, marrin, mirtin, martan, martii, marttn, marrin, maatin, mmrtin, martinn, martiin, marttin, marrtin, maartin, mmartin, martni, maritn, matrin, mratin, amrtin, marti, martn, marin, matin, mrtin, artin

lewid, lewia, lewos, lewus, lrwis, lwwis, leeis, leqis, lewas, leuis, lewiz, lewii, lewws, leeis, llwis, lewiss, lewiis, lewwis, leewis, llewis, lewsi, leiws, lweis, elwis, lewi, lews, leis, lwis, ewis
    Sticking all those as hidden text on the home page should cover most eventualities :shocked:
    Jumbo

"You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    or - just the mere fact they are here in this forum ;)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport