Tesco 0% Transfer Fee? Don't think so!

Options
Just applied for the new Tesco Card offering 0% transfer fee only to be informed at the end of completing the application that a 2.8% transfer fee will apply.
Went back out of the site and re-applied, thinking I must have clicked the wrong buttons, only to be told that I cannot apply now for a further six months!
Every Little Helps - them!

Fotoman
Crime Pays!
Unless you're a motorist!

Comments

• fotoman
    fotoman Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Yes! I clicked on the wrong offer (easily done) and now have to wait six months!
    Crime Pays!
    Unless you're a motorist!
  • thebritishbloke
    Options
    Phone up and explain that you made a mistake, and see if they'll transfer your application on to the other card. They usually give you 14 days to accept the offer.
    Credit 'Score' - Don't buy the credit 'score' that Experian, Equifax and Noddle want to sell you. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing when it comes to applying for credit.

ALWAYS HAVE A DIRECT DEBIT SET UP FOR THE MINIMUM PAYMENT ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU PLAN TO LOGIN AND PAY EACH MONTH.
  • Winrick
    Winrick Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Discovered this forum a year ago and have been addicted ever since. This is my first post though (yay) as I have never felt I have anything to say that's not already been mentioned.

Anyway I applied for the card as soon as it came out yesterday and got accepted straight away with a £3300 balance transfer limit which I have maxed out immediately to stooze in Santander 123 (already maxed out the higher TSB, Nationwide and Club Lloyds current account rates and my mortgage rate is only 1.99% which means no point offsetting =>so my marginal rate after tax is 2.4%)

By my calculation I'll make just under £3300* 2.4% * (10/12) = £66 over the next 10 months.

Note a great return but was ok for 5 mins work considering I already have the tesco internet saver account so knew i would most likely get accepted without sending ID again and dont need another online interface (I already have 10 for my accounts)

I detest fees so even the 1.5% halifax and recent 0.75% balance transfer fee from nationwide didn't appeal enough. I don't mind 0% on purchase card but I'm not a big spender so takes too long and I prefer cashback cards on spending.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    Options
    I thought this 0% BT offer for 10 months from Tesco would have got more posts, as recently 0% transfer fees were impossible and not worth it, unless you had expensive card balances to pay off.
    Just got 7.5K which will clear some of my 0% purchase cards, as they are coming to a end.
    Leaves my money in my Santander account earning interest, for another 9 months.
    V...happy
    regards
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Winrick wrote: »
    Anyway I applied for the card as soon as it came out yesterday and got accepted straight away with a £3300 balance transfer limit which I have maxed out immediately to stooze in Santander 123

How do you get the money into your 123? Can't find anything about a super balance transfer on this card.
  • Winrick
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    How do you get the money into your 123? Can't find anything about a super balance transfer on this card.

It wasn't a money transfer stooze. I used it to pay off 2 of my credit cards. I usually pay off the balance straight away but this month I just left the money in my Santander account instead.

I'm not a big spender so normally wouldn't have such a big balance, but there were 3 exceptions this month.

Firstly,I was doing some clerical changes to my accounts so called up all my credit card providers to move the direct debit dates from middle of month to end of the month, just after my salary hits my account. As a result I actually had closer to 2 months of spending on my credit card balance instead of 1.

Secondly bought some new furniture and baby clothes in preparation for a newborn.

Lastly, I had a small balance on a 0% 12 month purchase offer coming to an end.

Sorry for the confusion. I guess you can't really stooze like me if you don't have a high credit card balance but you could pay off a friend's balance and get them to pay you back in cash. I would have paid off my wife's balance.
  • Winrick
    Winrick Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Winrick wrote: »
    It wasn't a money transfer stooze. I used it to pay off 2 of my credit cards. I usually pay off the balance straight away but this month I just left the money in my Santander account instead.

I'm not a big spender so normally wouldn't have such a big balance, but there were 3 exceptions this month.

Firstly,I was doing some clerical changes to my accounts so called up all my credit card providers to move the direct debit dates from middle of month to end of the month, just after my salary hits my account. As a result I actually had closer to 2 months of spending on my credit card balance instead of 1.

Secondly bought some new furniture and baby clothes in preparation for a newborn.

Lastly, I had a small balance on a 0% 12 month purchase offer coming to an end.

Sorry for the confusion. I guess you can't really stooze like me if you don't have a high credit card balance but you could pay off a friend's balance and get them to pay you back in cash. I would have paid off my wife's balance.

also forgot toe mention my original spending was on amex so I get the 1% cashback on top of my stooze.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    Options
    I also have a high 0% purchase card coming to a end, so instead of paying it out of my savings, I will do a BT for another 9 months.
    Get a 0% purchase card and load it well, you never know what might turn up when you have to pay it off.
    Just remember to put the money in a savings account so you can pay it off when due.
    regards
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    Options
    No_6 wrote: »
    I also have a high 0% purchase card coming to a end, so instead of paying it out of my savings, I will do a BT for another 9 months.
    I'd almost hit my limit slow stoozing on a 123CC. I did a BT to Tesco and can now continue to stooze the 123 and also earn cashback.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    Options
    0% BT card now 12 months, for those who didn't get the 10 months card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure