CH Sally Gunnell (or Denise Lewis)

Hi all

My little charity would like to enlist either Sally Gunnell or Denise Lewis to come and get her photo taken at a fun run we are organising in Brighton. (It's in aid of preventing women's deaths due to complications in pregnancy/childbirth - a very big problem in some countries). This is a long, long shot but does anybody know how to get hold of either of them? There are about 101 agencies which could get them for us for a fee - but we don't do fees, we want them for free after all it is a charity!

Obviously if you do know how to get hold of them then it'd be great to get the details via a PM rather than the details being posted publically. Or if you want any more details about the charity please do send me a PM and I'll let you have the website address.

Thank you!

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I haven't had a chance to trawl the site again thoroughly, but I think you might find some help from The Media Trust on how to organise and get publicity for such events. As for getting a specific celebrity, I'd say personal contact was your best bet. Do either of them live locally? If so do you know which schools their kids go to?

The other suggestion is that personal contact (friends of friends) with people who work for the BBC and ITV local services has been very useful for some local charities here. It has a spin-off, because even if that site doesn't help with getting someone to put in an appearance for you, there is lots of help with making an event successful in terms of press releases, getting on the radio etc.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport