Can not get my head around the best way to save.. please help.

Options
I am getting confused with the best way to start..

I just got a virgin 0% on transfers for 9 months card £3000 credit limit.
OH has just had same but they give him a £7000 limit.
I have also just had a sainsburys 12 months @ 0% on purchases card (3500 limit) unused.
we have both just been accepted for an A & L acc.. 0% overdraft for 12 months acc. both have been given an overdraft limit of £1100.

at present..all at their standard rates.. we have..

OH has capital one card.. bal 1100 and is about 800 OD

I have yorkshire bank visa... bal 2600. (upto it's limit)
B & Q do it all card.. bal 1056 (not been charged any interest on this as it was 0% for 6 months runs out next week)
Next directory...bal 500 (don't know if they will BT this)
and 500 OD. (this has come down a lot since using this site)

Plan to pay no interest on anything and to pay off debt as soon as (since following this site can afford to pay 300 a month off cc's)... also thinking of putting spare credit limit money off virgin cards into savings acc.... just don't how to go about it... any advise... please. :confused:

Comments

• ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello.

It sounds as though since you have been accepted for 0% credit cards, I would transfer as much as your debt from the other cards onto these.

Your post isnt very clear to be honest so sorry if i am misinterpreting what you are saying.

The best place to stay is writing a SOA (statement of affairs), this lists ALL of your incomings & ALL of your outgoings. You need to take into account things that come out monthly, quarterley (gas, electric, water bills etc) and then annually - car tax, MOT etc etc. How much are you left with after your standard outgoings? Are you struggling to get by each month or living within your means? Are your aims to pay off your debt as soon as possible?

If you could give us some more information we'll come to the rescue :0)

Ms_London
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport