Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starrybear
    • By starrybear 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 3Thanks
    starrybear
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?
    • 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer? 5th Jul 16 at 2:57 PM
    Hi all,

I've searched for answers to this, but can't find anything recent.

If anyone has dealt with Precise recently, I'd appreciate any insight into your timelines?

Thanks in advance
Page 31
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 22nd Sep 17, 8:22 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Time2go
    POpped onto site today and they mentioned valuer was on site for over an hour and also came back with a few extra questions this morning I therefore wonder (even though ours is last but one of the type to sell) whether we will get a down valuation
    • Mrsb2017
    • By Mrsb2017 23rd Sep 17, 12:40 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsb2017
    Time2go - I'm sure as a new build it's fine. Maybe extra questions were just to be able to personalise the report to your plot. As you say, others have sold there so can't be anything wrong.
    When we bought our current house, the surveyor didn't even look at the actual house because it was raining and he didn't have wellies to go on site! He stayed in the site office and looked at the plans. How times have changed!!
    • EmilyTRex
    • By EmilyTRex 24th Sep 17, 9:29 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EmilyTRex
    I’m currently applying for a mortgage with Precise, after getting rejected by Aldermore. DIP went in 25th August, valuation done 7th September, Valiation back ok on 14th September, documents requested 15th September regarding proof of address, payslips, p60s, bank statements and gifted deposit letter, they also asked about a previous application I made that was rejected because I had said I had a DMP that I started in June 15 and paid off Jan 16 which I had stated and then paid off so I have not include it in application as it is only showing on noddle. Panicking that I will be rejected. I have bad credit, 2 defaults from 2012 and 2013 and late payments before this for 4 other accounts. Still waiting to hear back re documents and answers to questions. It’s driving me mad! Haven’t instructed a solicitor yet until I get a mortgage offer. Has anyone been Ade lined by precise? If so what’s the next option?
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 24th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    We are 3 weeks tomorrow since full application. Hoping no more questions come and we find out soon. Move out our house the end of the week is off to the in laws we go. Hopefully be in the next week x
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 24th Sep 17, 11:59 AM
    • 128 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Time2go
    I would have thought broker but silly to miss of declaring dmp if precise already knew about it whether it appears on noodle or Experian or all here.

I think they may be more worri d about it not being on application rather than you haveing one as they may wonder what else haven't you told them about.
    • EmilyTRex
    • By EmilyTRex 24th Sep 17, 7:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EmilyTRex
    As the DMP I had didn’t meet the criteria of either being satisfied for 36 months, or had been active for 12 months or is a current DMP I guess I will be expecting a rejection then
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 25th Sep 17, 7:05 AM
    • 128 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Time2go
    Call your broker up Emily they will know more about your personal situation than we will.

Well it's now into week 3 for us. Going to send precise the hmrc letter today and hopefully valuation back sometime this week, never know we all could go to offer this week? Crossing fingers for all
    • 1sttimebuyer1991
    • By 1sttimebuyer1991 25th Sep 17, 4:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    1sttimebuyer1991
    hi all !

been following these posts since last week!

precise was a last chance for me.

buying a HTB new build, reserved in june and had a AIP from the principality - worse 3 months of my life! they were asking for new docs each week over and over and letters from employer etc then decided to pull out last Monday (18th sept) I was devastated.

changed broker and he found precise, had the AIP on the 20th sept, Application sent off 22nd Sept and a valuation booked for this week so fingers crossed!

good luck everyone!
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 25th Sep 17, 4:42 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    Just a wee update received our mortgage offer today. That’s 3 weeks all in since full application x
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 25th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    1991, what's your circumstances regarding adverse, deposit, house value and earnings? If you don't mind me asking!

Sounds like principality took the !!!!!

Congratulations Annie! Did you find out about that from your broker or letter?

No updates today for me could be right time2go would be great if we got all our offers this week!!!!
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 25th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Time2go
    Fab news Annie. Well we provided hmrc info to precise today and valuer has now called back four times to persimmon to ask questions about property now about roof. Cross fingers for offer by end of week.
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 25th Sep 17, 5:04 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    @Time2go

Got everything crossed for you good luck x
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 25th Sep 17, 5:06 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    @EverythingIwant

We got an email off our solicitor about an hour ago. Good luck hope you’s all hear soon x
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 25th Sep 17, 5:34 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    Thanks Annie! Enjoy your new home exciting times ahead for you!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

226Posts Today

1,553Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin