Where can I find a personal loan broker

catya_2
catya_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
Hi

I'm looking to get a loan but would like to speak to a loan broker about getting one.
I have a mortgage broker and a business loan broker but can't seem to find a personal loan one. Surely they exist!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well, an IFA may be able to help you. But they are rarely needed for something as simple as a loan.

What is your situation? If you have severely bad credit, there will be no available loans.
  • I just went into Nationwide to book an appointment to apply for a loan and the man said I wasn't eligible so he didn't want to waste my time booking an appointment. So immediately I got worried and did an experienced report and I've got 999/999 so an excellent score.

I've got credit history and have just repaid a loan in full and paid off my credit cards.

Just thought that maybe an insurance broker would be able to give me advice instead of going to a different lender and getting a no.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ignore your score.

If your credit history is good, then apply for one of the lower rate products. But check that everything is OK on your files. If you've been a heavy user of credit, you may want to be a couple of months clear of that before applying.

Only use an insurance broker if you want insurance.
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Are you self employed? Nationwide only lend money to those who are self employed and are home owners. I wasn't eligible for a loan from nationwide for years because of this, it had nothing to do with my credit history. Note that's credit history not credit score because no lender use the credit scores made up by any of the CRA.

Have you tried using the MSE Loan Eligibility calculator to see who is likely to lend you money?
  • Pixie5740 wrote: »
    Are you self employed? Nationwide only lend money to those who are self employed and are home owners. I wasn't eligible for a loan from nationwide for years because of this, it had nothing to do with my credit history. Note that's credit history not credit score because no lender use the credit scores made up by any of the CRA.

Have you tried using the MSE Loan Eligibility calculator to see who is likely to lend you money?

Are you sure about this? Presumably then any one who is an employee, however well paid and secure their job is, would be automatically declined?
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Perhaps I didn't phrase it very well. If you're self employed and want a loan from Nationwide you have to be a home owner. If you're self employed and are not a home owner it's an automatic decline no matter how good your credit file. The OP mentioned a business loan broker so I though he/she might be self employed.
  • OP if your business loan broker or mortgage broker cant put you in touch with a personal loan broker, you need to find new brokers immediately lol
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure