KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,880
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    There can't be more than one of that lamp can there?!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Slinky wrote: »

Let's hope not! :eek: ;) :rotfl:
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Let's hope not! :eek: ;) :rotfl:
    :D My thoughts exactly!

Y'know, when I encounter a [STRIKE]junk shop [/STRIKE] err collectables/ antique emporium, I feel the urge to reach for a petrol can and a box of matches, and I'm not even an arsonist - honest!

I am suffering from an embarrassment of freeglers atm, with three people after one thing. Had said the first one could have it, so will have to hope it goes off successfully.

I have also put a brand-new pan, as in never used and still in its packaging, into the donation bag. It was bought by mistake (gave directions to Mum to shop for it in her town and she got the wrong size pan) then I got the right-size pan brand new for 50p from a bootsale a few weeks later.

Have been keeping the bought-new pan for Justin and it has survived several culls but have decided to let it go now as I am sure someone will be grateful for chance to buy it from the chazzer. I could hang onto it for 10-20 or more years, until the present pan wears out, but that way lies madness........... :rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,459
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can't stop giggling ... :D

I won't put it on freegle, I promise :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,666
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I kind of quite like the fish - I wouldn't want it anywhere - but it's kind of cutely-weird (but better as just a fish than a fish-lamp)

Quiet here as RL has taken over somewhat - but DD continues to clear stuff out of her room for selling at next NNS and a massive load of paperwork has gone :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Sandypan
    Sandypan Posts: 252
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Don't think I've got the hang of this, took a dressing gown, mug and a couple of other small items to the charity shop and brought back 3 mugs, 2 glasses, a dress and a blouse!!!!
    DF by Christmas 2014 #78 £18,964.15/£15,000
    DF by Christmas 2015 #07 £16,500/£21,992.92
    DF by Christmas 2016 #42 £4570/£4,500
    CC and loan debt at it's worst April 07 - £54,489 plus
    27/01/14 Officially Debt Free - except mortgage which I'm working on!
    26/02/16 mortgage free
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sandypan wrote: »
    Don't think I've got the hang of this, took a dressing gown, mug and a couple of other small items to the charity shop and brought back 3 mugs, 2 glasses, a dress and a blouse!!!!
    :p Hell, I took a donation bag the other day and came back with 13 small Lock & Lock plastic containers...... it happens.

If they're needed or otherwise joyous, it's all good. I have a free-flowing relationship with the local chazzers and stuff comes in and out of my life and in and out of their shops. Keeps one's personal holdings fresh and relevent, is my take on it.;)
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • essexgal
    essexgal Posts: 2,353
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Slinky wrote: »

you'd be surprised.....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fish+horn+lamp&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWosqMudzMAhXHI8AKHUuXDosQ_AUIBygB&biw=1155&bih=537

karmacat - it's fab - its the type of thing I'd have snapped up for the other years '!!!!!! Secret Santa' (only rules were it had to be maximum spend of £1, had to be handmade or second hand... and had to make the recipient think !!!!!!!) :D

essexgal
    ;)old enough to know better, young enough not to care;)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,162
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Spent a few hours kondoing bindweed at my lottie today, it's looking to be the weed of 2016, but mares tail is a close second!

Also Kondoed a side of salmon lurking in the freezer - baked in foil for lunch with new potatoes & h/g rocket, left to go cold for lunches & suppers this week. Made a big space in the freezer too as it was in a rigid plastic tray.

DH just ironed his shirts for the week while we watch the tennis, I plan to do some more ironing later after he's left for wherever he's due at tomorrow! Will kondo some catch-up tv whilst doing so.

Need to try on some summer stuff, and be realistic about what will get worn here on the Lancashire coast :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Evening all!
    We've been lucky with the weather here in the midlands this weekend! The weathermen said it would be cold, but both days have seen glorious sunshine!
    I had to hit the pound shops today for required items for school. And although they all came in from the car, it was only so I could take some items out of their packaging to save time in the morning. And now everything is back in an IKEA bag to take to school in the morning. So, in and out in 24 hours. Marie would be pleased. :)

I've only eaten freezer meals this weekend, so that's some freezer space cleared.

I've been pondering my summer holiday this year... I'm desperate to go abroad again this year, but for various reasons, I'm just not in a sensible place to actually book anything yet. Hopefully things will look more plausible in about 6 weeks, but until then I'll just have to hold fire.
    Also, my passport expired last month, so I could do with sorting out a renewal first. That's something practical I can do, at least!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business