Saving for Xmas 2016! - A pound a day

Comments

• Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    jenny+luke wrote: »
    Hi,

I'd love to join please.

I love sealed pot challenges, its great counting how much you've managed to save :)

thank you

Welcome to our challenge!

Jenny+lucy, your number is 90

Good Luck

Ellie x
  • Mysteek
    Mysteek Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 February 2016 at 2:17PM
    Another £31 for January for me please.

#63 £84/£366

Thank you x
    MFIT #73 - Pay all mortgage off in 3 years[STRIKE] £46,400[/STRIKE]£34,295 PAID £12,105
  • Aegean
    Aegean Posts: 91 Forumite
    #88 reporting - put a fiver in the Roland Rat-bank and transferred £28 to cover the days I missed in Jan today which will keep me square until Weds.

Now looking at £38/£365 :money:
    Goal: Debt-free by 01.12.16
    LET'S DO THIS! :D
    PAYDBX 2016 #120 £5,141.65 [STRIKE]£5,747.37 on 01.01.16[/STRIKE]
    £1 a Day #88 £80/£365
    Earnings from Quidco, surveys and found shrapnel: £21.36
  • I have just transferred another £1.32 of change into my virtual pot giving me a total of #12 £52.23. .

I am really behind with this but I did expect it to be slow as DH has no work. The season will be starting again so can't wait to get stuck in when he gets work again. I hope to have some more cashback and swagbucks funds to transfer into my virtual pot soon. I am determined not to dip into any of this until DH gets work.
    Barclaycard: £4,217.55/£5 = 0.11% | Tesco £3,810.55/£3,770.55 = 1.05%
    Total: £8,027.80/£5 = 100%/0.06%
    Mortgage £99,692/£51,652.33 51.8%
    Car Loan: £9,217.20/7,527.38 81.67%
    My Money Managing Ways
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Lost count so I think I will just add once a month!

#75 £31/£334
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • I have just transferred another £1.32 of change into my virtual pot giving me a total of #12 £52.23. .

I am really behind with this but I did expect it to be slow as DH has no work. The season will be starting again so can't wait to get stuck in when he gets work again. I hope to have some more cashback and swagbucks funds to transfer into my virtual pot soon. I am determined not to dip into any of this until DH gets work.

Hi moneymanager, don't be too hard on yourself or feel intimidated by other peoples' totals. Keeping up the £50 every two months would give you £300 to spend next Xmas and it can't be over estimated how de-stressing it is to be spending real money not piling on the credit card. Its all good. :T
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £104/£365 28.6%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £5.2k/£63.1k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on here for ages but Ive been taking a break from the internet as I was spending just too much time on here, but the good news is that I have still been doing this challenge so my updated figure is

69/366[/B]

nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• #83 @ £38

February's dosh will trickle through as per usual and next week on pay day I'll be able to put back January's bit, I'll be back on track then :j
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • Ellieseleven
    I have just transferred another £1.32 of change into my virtual pot giving me a total of #12 £52.23. .

I know exactly where you are coming from, my OH's work is seasonal too and at this time of year. He doesn't earn anything and Jan & Feb are the most difficult months to cope with (after Christmas etc.)

This is one reason why I joined this challenge to start with to help us through those difficult months. As Triple Choc Chip says don't be intimidated or put off by other totals, you're doing great and there is a long way to go before the end of the year. I always look at it as, whatever I save is a bonus and a help towards Christmas;)

Ellie x
  • Ellieseleven
    Hi moneymanager, don't be too hard on yourself or feel intimidated by other peoples' totals. Keeping up the £50 every two months would give you £300 to spend next Xmas and it can't be over estimated how de-stressing it is to be spending real money not piling on the credit card. Its all good. :T

Wise words TCC ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport