IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Solicitors- letter before claim

2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I would tend to miss that out unless there are other charges they've tried to add - you can certainly challenge any 'legal costs' or 'indemnity/admin expenses' or similar and require proof that these were paid/incurred in this case AND that they were on the sign in the car park.

Random costs can't be bolted on to a claim later if they were not on the sign/accepted.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Zayn1
    Zayn1 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I would tend to miss that out unless there are other charges they've tried to add - you can certainly challenge any 'legal costs' or 'indemnity/admin expenses' or similar and require proof that these were paid/incurred in this case AND that they were on the sign in the car park.

Random costs can't be bolted on to a claim later if they were not on the sign/accepted.

Thanks for the tip. I am dealing with one pcn with WH for myself and thier letter is a lot more easier to challenge than this one :undecided
  • Zayn1
    Zayn1 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi all

So I got a response from the lawyers, could someone please activate the link?

hxxp://i67.tinypic.com/20ixd3d.jpg

Its dated the 10th and didnt arrive until the 12th so they barely gave any time until their payment deadline!
    They sent two pictures of the car parked in the bay but there is absolutely no signage visable or even identification that its where they say it is, its literally a picture of a neatly parked car in a bay ��
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Can't help thinking that Premier Solicitors don't understand, they are entering into the realms of scammers

Unless they wish to be part of the scam, complaints to the SRA, losing in court, getting listed on google which is not good for core business .... they should back away from the UK's biggest scam
  • Thank you Umkomaas.

What should we do next? Write another letter pointing out there evidence doesnt actually show anything and we have evidence of the car park attendants allowing staff to park in the visitors car park or shall we wait for the cc documents to arrive?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Zayn1 wrote: »
    Thank you Umkomaas.

What should we do next? Write another letter pointing out there evidence doesnt actually show anything and we have evidence of the car park attendants allowing staff to park in the visitors car park or shall we wait for the cc documents to arrive?
    I would respond and tell them you have video evidence that parking this way is allowed by the car park attendants. You could show them that evidence now; if it is unequivocal, it should see some hasty backtracking. Be open and honest with your evidence.

I would then say, should their client try a small claim you will be seeking full costs when you prevail, and you believe that any Judge will be unimpressed to see blameless NHS staff having to miss a shift or suffer loss of annual leave, to attend court to answer for why their car was parked with full authority of the on foot car park attendants.

Finally, they and their client must treat this as a section 10 Notice under the DPA. This misuse of your data for now reasonable cause has become a matter of unwarranted harassment and the continued processing of this data for that purpose is clearly in breach of the DPA principles. Give them 21 days to respond according to the requirements of a DPA section 10 Notice and should they fail to confirm that the processing has ended, you will be making formal complaints to the Information Commissioner as well as the SRA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure