IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking ticket with wrong year on it

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Why has everyone missed the point that 16/10/11 could be yy/mm/dd and not dd/mm/yy ?????
  • Should I just ignore it then till I get/if I get a NTK? What if the NTK has the right date on it? Who should I complain to as the ticket will have a different date on it? This is all so confusing :eek:
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Why has everyone missed the point that 16/10/11 could be yy/mm/dd and not dd/mm/yy ?????

Er, because we live in the UK where the UK and International standard date format is DD/MM/YY, but I take your point, it could be the American version.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Er, because we live in the UK where the UK and International standard date format is DD/MM/YY, but I take your point, it could be the American version.

The American version is mm/dd/yy not yy/mm/dd nor yy/dd/mm.
  • Misspayne2 wrote: »
    The car is 59plate. We bought it this year so wasn't even the registered keeper in 2011
    That kind of time-travel paradox doesn't stop these people. Civil Enforcement had a problem a while back when they submitted a number of court claims for parking charges which they claimed were issued in 1900. The fact there weren't even any cars around then didn't seem to be an issue for them.
  • Fruitcake
    The American version is mm/dd/yy not yy/mm/dd nor yy/dd/mm.

Good point. So it's not that either.
  • The American version is mm/dd/yy not yy/mm/dd nor yy/dd/mm.

Even if it was the wrong way around it would still be the wrong date :T
  • Fruitcake
    Misspayne2 wrote: »
    Should I just ignore it then till I get/if I get a NTK? What if the NTK has the right date on it? Who should I complain to as the ticket will have a different date on it? This is all so confusing :eek:

I suggest you wait for the NTK to see what date/date format is used. If it is at all different to the NTD, but has he same PCN/reference number, then you have grounds for complaint and points of appeal.

Following a windscreen ticket, it should arrive between day 28 and 56 from the day after the alleged event, to comply with the requirements of the POFA 2012, so you have a while to wait.
  • Thank you. Il wait and see what Happens. Surely though it being dated 2011 they have well and truly gone past there 28/56 day NTK period :rotfl:
  • Fruitcake
    Misspayne2 wrote: »
    Thank you. Il wait and see what Happens. Surely though it being dated 2011 they have well and truly gone past there 28/56 day NTK period :rotfl:

As mentioned above, the person who wrote the NTD may have used an unfamiliar non-standard date format. You need to wait to see what date format is used on the NTK before we can comment furthar
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business