KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• loocyloo
    loocyloo Posts: 265 Forumite
    greent wrote: »
    8 boxes and 2 bags of items + 1 cosy coupe car taken to NNS last night. 3 boxes of unsold items came back home today - have sorted about half a box of those to go to CS next week and a couple of items have gone into fleabay pile, Rest of unsold items have been boxed back into loft for next NNS. Lots of things gone and nice amount of £££ received in exchange - have given the money to the children for their toys and books which sold and I have the money for clothes and equipment.

QUOTE]

WELL DONE Xx

I used to love selling ( and buying! ) at NNS, always got good bargains, and it was great to see your things going to people who wanted them. plus you could always explain how something worked, or how you used it.

Sadly, when I moved 5 yrs ago, it was to a rural area, and the closest NNS is about an hours drive away. I did pop along to have a look ( 5 yrs ago ) and didn't find any JOY or any inclination to use it to sell my bits and pieces on.
  • Please can someone tell me what NNS is as I have never heard of it. Thank you.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Icey77
    Icey77 Posts: 1,247
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sayschezza wrote: »
    Please can someone tell me what NNS is as I have never heard of it. Thank you.

It's an NCT Nearly New Sale, I brought home £120 ish last week for my stuff :)
    Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re probably right ~ Henry Ford
  • Icey77
    Icey77 Posts: 1,247
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well, my safety gates have sold and I have £30 in my pocket :)
    I'm now eyeing up some other bits and pieces
    Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re probably right ~ Henry Ford
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Evening everyone.
    Hugs to all that need them, sorry to hear things have been difficult Mavvy, I hope that whatever it is gets sorted for you and things become easier.

After the game of bed Tetris on Friday I gave ds1s room a good tidy I've only thrown a bagfull of old paper and boxes away into recycling -shredding what needed to be. The room has been moved round, windows given a good clean and the door given another coat of gloss we've just picked him up from the station after his weekend away -he is really pleased with the new layout and said it feels so much bigger and more spacious.
    Will over the sofa/bunk to a work friend and the two mattresses (one double and one single can go to the tip this week, along with a ratty king sized duvet couple of pillows, a broken clock, broken candle holder and plastic tv stand. Feels like a worthwhile weekend.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,666
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    The NNS I do isn't NCT but is run by another charity (local based) Normally the Oct sale is much busier than it was yesterday, but I am still pleased with the results :)

Eldest has not long left to go back to uni (that's it now until the Xmas break) - took some of the alcohol, toiletries and food stash with her - and some of the Xmas cards we have (easily enough for this year and next year in general cards, if not the year after that!)

I shall drop my box of bits off to the CS tomorrow - incudes some Xmas items, so I want to get them in early :) I also have a parcel to post as another items sold on fleabay today :D

This week's projects here are redoing (just touching up in the main and a deep clean) daughter's bathroom whilst she is away, preparing the caravan for overwintering (good clean and tidy of it and items to be stored in it, such as the awnings and the water bottles and removal of other items from it), clearing up the many leaves in the garden (many more still to fall, but I shall do it in stages), planting some plants which my mum bought for me and tackling my ironing mountain and then having a clear out of coat hangers. My wm is not working and I have an engineer coming out to it tomorrow to hopefully fix it. My mum has kindly done some of our washing in the meantime but we still have a backlog to sort.

I am not making any more KM plans than that except for some fleabay listing and a small amount of paperwork as I also have several appointments to attend this week.

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    greent wrote: »
    8 boxes and 2 bags of items + 1 cosy coupe car taken to NNS last night. 3 boxes of unsold items came back home today - have sorted about half a box of those to go to CS next week and a couple of items have gone into fleabay pile, Rest of unsold items have been boxed back into loft for next NNS. Lots of things gone and nice amount of £££ received in exchange - have given the money to the children for their toys and books which sold and I have the money for clothes and equipment.

NNS (NCT) here too :) 96 items sold £180 better off :) What didnt sell is now packed up and ready to go to CS.

BTW I have almost £20 on my Nect*r card from my donated stuff sold in Oxf*m :) I think it should be more and will be tackling once more why stuff isnt being tagged.
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    :) Morning all.

Could someone please send me (in no particular order).

1. A masseur.
    2. A replacement left big toe.
    3. The patience of a saint.
    4. Valium.

:p As you may have gathered, it's been a Bit of a Trial this weekend, which for me started at 4pm on Thursday (having finished work at 3 pm). I got in just before 10 pm last night, smacked various things (toothbrush, phone etc) onto chargers and fell into bed.

The masseur for the aches and pains, the replacement toe is for a bruised one I dropped a shed onto, the patience is to forbear killing Aunt and the valium is self-explanatory.:rotfl:

I will probably post more this evening. If we're spared.;)
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    :D Actually, after three consecutive back-breaking days, starting at 5 am, at the bungalow, I am positively relishing my upcoming 6 hour call centre shift.

Why ? Because I will be sat on my beam end lifting nothing heavier than a pencil and moving nothing more awkward than a computer mouse.

:p There will be no Aunt, as well, which is a blessing as I was on the verge of being unforgivably truthful and/ or commiting aunt-i-cide.

Tell ya, if nothing else, clearing up Stuff reinforces the life journey towards minimalism. Do it before you get too old and feeble to do it, mes amies, that's all I can say.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,880
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    GreyQueen wrote: »

:p There will be no Aunt, as well, which is a blessing as I was on the verge of being unforgivably truthful and/ or commiting aunt-i-cide.

Oh dear.

You could have asked her to phone the funeral directors and found out if they would do a 2 for 1 offer......
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport