* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I will catch up properly in a bit but....HELLO Christmas in July :D I actually set my alarm for 6am so I could flick it on :rotfl: :o working over the Yankee session that is on now but will be checking online to see - forgot to set it to record!
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning ,
    Payday so my Amazon order is sorted so more pressies on the way.

Dumb question alert !!
    My dd wants a locket for Christmas how on earth do you get photos small enough to fit inside ??

I have been at my work now 10 yrs and have been given a £500 loyalty bonus this month, so later today we are off to order new internal doors . How exciting I know .

It was our 23 wedding anniversary yesterday but we both had to work so are going to the cinema tomorrow as a treat , unfortunately its to see star trek hubby wants to see it and there's nothing else I fancy.I do however have London has fallen on dvd so can have a Gerard fix as needed.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Afternoon everyone, have just put qvc christmas in july on thanks newthrift for reminding me it is the 25th!!!!!!! I cant keep up with the days/dates atm it is flying :o

LAZYSHEEP thankyou, i dont know where i read it but i saw that it was on 21st july this year and thought that was weird its always 25th, i wonder if it was the american channel??

PEPPAPIG oh what a shame i thought they were supposed to have a really good customer service, it does put you off using them again when this happens. I have always wanted to have a go at clay pigeon shooting i know i will be awful and havent got a hope in hell of hitting anything but i still want to try

04624181 haha thats funny my sister always wanted a Mr Frosty too, i always wanted the Cadbury Vending Machine with the miniature chocolates, we never got them either :rotfl:hope you enjoy your new car

CHRISSYG Happy Anniversary for yesterday, enjoy your trip to the cinema. Well done on your fab 10 year bonus! Haha i have always wondered how they get them tiny photos as well, id be interested to see if anyone knows!!

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Ha ha CHRISSY, DH and I are going to see Star Trek tonight, I booked it last week and then today I thought to myself 'what am I doing?' Lol. Hope you enjoy it. Re the locket, when we did one for my mum quite a few years ago we took the locket and some photos into a photography shop and they did it but I expect it can be done much more easily now.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Hi all, Hubby took the kids out to the park, woods and lido today so I took the opportunity to reorganise some things and have a clear out. I put all of the christmas gifts that were under the bed into a huge storage bag. I cannot believe how much stuff I have got! I need to go through 1 more underbed storage box and put it with all the rest of the christmas stuff. Got so much to take to the charity shop and some bits to sell on facebook/ebay. I listened to a christmas playlist on my phone and it made me feel all christmassy.
    Hope everybody is ok x
    Princess kitty hope you are ok xx
    newthrift-have not managed to watch any QVC, was it good?
    ChrissyG-Belated Happy Anniversary, Hope you and the husband have a lovely time at the cinema.
    Free- OOOH I loved the cadbury vending machines. My kids have never had them, will put them on the christmas gift ideas list x
    peppapig- Enjoy the cinema, I have heard it is a good film. My hubby is a Star Trek fan too.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone, i am very chuffed i sold a Dinner Set tonight on facebay in 20 mins it was sold and left the house, so we now have £45 towards buying some new decking as ours has completely rotted in places in the garden, plus its another thing left the house! I have some antibiotics at last i made myself ring for a telephone consultation this morning :o Cant make my mind up whether to stay up and watch YC on qvc at 11pm, nothing really took my fancy today, did anyone buy anything for christmas?

PEPPAPIG i thought that must be how you get a photo so small by taking it into a photo shop but never had a locket so never knew

04724181 do they still make those machines?? :rotfl:wow i never knew that!

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Well, having been reasonably organised for my trip, I had a bombshell dropped on me at 3 this morning! We are going to a wedding while I am there:eek:

Now, I have been to a few weddings there and trust me, they are nothing like here. No such thing as having to book the reception years in advance or anything like that, this has probably been arranged in about 6 weeks. They believe that it is a time to celebrate the marriage and there is no fuss about what to wear or anything like that, which is a lovely way to treat it. They tried to get out of it, but can't as one of the littlies is a bridesmaid, she will be so chuffed! Now I have to think about taking something I can wear to a wedding, kept me awake for the rest of the night:mad:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Mornin!

I have only skimmed back a few posts,so have probably missed loads.

Gettingtherequickly,where are you going on holiday to?Sounds very interesting.

I would be interested in the jelly bean games name if anyone can tell me,would be a good pressie for DD2.I have made a decision and started buying hair products and toiletries in turquoise for her Christmas hamper.Her room is turquoise,her favourite colour.

When I was in asda at home the other day they had a pack of 2 large yankee candles for £13.Didn't bite as I have masses to use up and don't know anyone else who uses them.

Am sending Mr V out to the works later to see if they have any Harry Potter trivial pursuit games left at £9.99 . Might get 2 for two eldest who were HP fiends at the time.

I also need to get my stash out and see where I am up to with it all.I was daydreaming the other day as to how I will decorate the house this year.I have met another Christmas nut in the village and she has suggested that we visit each other to see our decorations.So of course I will have to go all out!

I need to get myself into gear and do some decorating and make a garden in the back.Will cheer me up if the house is looking nice but just can't work up the enthusiasm.

I too always wanted one of those Cadburys Chocolate vending machines,these days I would love a gum ball machine.

Nice to hear of everyones outings.

Love to all Vx
     :
  • vulpix wrote: »
    Mornin!

Gettingtherequickly,where are you going on holiday to?Sounds very interesting.

Love to all Vx

Only Egypt
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Just popping on quickly. The Star Trek film was good, great special effects and brilliant 3D. Hope you enjoyed it too CHRISSEY.

GTQ 'only' Egypt?!! :D

Well done on the sale FREESPIRIT, that's def the way to do it!

Ooh VULPIX another Christmas nut - it'll be like that film where they try to out do each other in Christmas lights lol. Seriously, what fun though to have someone to compare decs with. I really feel like I want to buy some more vintage tree ornaments, just the little question of money lol.

Happy Tuesday all.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family