The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thur 3rd Sept 09

Comments

• Hi Guys!

Health hasnt been too good again, but there you go...that's life:D

WM has been on and put in TD as its raining on and off here. I was given some drying balls and they really do cut the TD down by about a quarter. Have another load to do but will wait and hope that weather improves later or tomorrow. DW on and DD needs to empty in a while. Cleaner has been here this morning so house clean and shiny.

I made DD's sarnies yesterday for the next 2 weeks with a mixture of cheese, ham, marmite and jam, so will be a lucky dip as to what she pulls out the freezer each morning.

GTG...hubby just came in and thinks he's broken foot
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Celyn - Earrings are really cool
    PP - :eek: Broken Foot hope he's ok, How did he do it ?
    Aussie - Love the hair do ;), why do we pay to go to the hairdressings then end up wetting it and starting again when we get in:confused::D
    Taplad - :T with job
    Cranky - Glad sleep wars has finally finished, wait till he's waking you up coming at that time instead :D

Blimey it's windy, doubled pegged washing, it takes your breath away its that windy.

DD2 starts Playgroup tomorrow :T, got her bag ready with spare set of clothes and she decided to put her maracas in just in case she needed them :confused::D.

DD's decided to swop bunks last :confused:, so have sorted quilts, blankets and teddies out:rolleyes:

House done top to bottom bed stripped, both bathrooms done, hoovered all over. Just going to start prepping Tea i too like to get as much as i can done, before i flop on the sofa with my crochet ;).
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • I hope OH's foot is okay Penny-Pincher!

Its still raining here - has been all week!! DD has tried her wellies on - and guess what? Too small!! More spending!! Unfortunatly, she'll have to wait until next week for payday, especially after the £50 in the shoe shop for school stuff yesterday!!

Was up again bright and early at 6:30, showered, dressed, washed up and hoovered. OH is home today as day off and so he stayed here with DD whilst I got wet taking DS to school!!

Am making Roast Veg Risotto for lunch and Tortilla and salad for tea.
    Actually, just seen the time....must get on!
    Got to (still) complete my assesment for OU to.

Gert x
    Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx:beer:
  • AussieLass wrote: »
    annie What sort of prescription pasta they have at the chemist?

Hubby is a coeliac so gets bread mixes and pasta on prescription, we can get pasta from Tesco but he prefers his glutafin stuff :)
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    PP - sorry to hear about DHs foot - hope its not too painful for him - hope you feel a bit better x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Hi everyone

We are having a 'do nothing day' today which is exactly as it sounds... We are going to do nothing all day ( well until five o clock when I am going to my friends house with a few bottles of wine :D

We have done a few little jobs today like getting the school uniforms sorted ready for Monday, and putting the clean washing away but I think thats us done now for the day (its a good job we dont have do nothing days very often;)the house would fall apart)

Thanks for the kind words about my soup disaster yesterday, I might try it again soon :T

Anyway - Off now to do nothing

I hope everyone has a good day:beer:
  • Afternoon OS friends :wave:
    Haven't read todays thread so will whizz back and do that after posting.
    Weeze and Purple sky - welcome2.gif both, it's nice to have you here.
    N9eav - my OH had a headache on and off for two days and his neck is hurting - Dr says to treat it like a muscle strain so he took one day off work but with the accident happening on the sunday it spoiled our BH a tad cos he felt rough.
    Bitsy - my OH does most of the cooking but hates meal planning so I try and do it but my mind goes blank when I try!
    Redruby - Your grape jelly sounds delicious.
    Gert - You were not waffling, I really enjoyed your post!
    Maitane - Hope you are not in too much pain
    hilstep - Glad the shingles are finally healing.
    Mummysaver - that is a great idea, thank you.
    Tired mum - that is awful. Big hugs.giffor you hon

Well the weather was horrid yesterday so no gardening possible - my autumn bedding plug plants on the windowsill are complaining that they need more space for their roots! I brought one of my smaller pepper plants indoors so I can watch them ripen.

Today is sunny and bright but I have a hospital appt so will be seeing it all through a window which is very frustrating!

Cooked a big pot of mince with grated celery and carrot to bulk it out. Used the garlic, onions and peppers from the garden. We made half of it into Spag Bol though we had run out of spaghetti and had to serve it with some long spiral pasta from Lidls. This evening I am hoping to make the rest into a big cottage pie that might do us another two nights if I add some mushrooms and make sure there is lots of potato and cheese on top!
    Warm gentle grouphug.gif for anyone who wants one!
    Diva.x
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OMG:mad::o:eek::D The stuff in the old freezer won't fit into the new one:o

Looks like we have to keep it a week or two 'til we use up. Just typing up freezer list, wouldn't dare post it - it would feed an army and there is only two of us:o:mad::D:eek:
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 454 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone!

Quieter day today than yesterday which was just plain horrible. In the early hours of yesterday morning a bloke abducted 2 19 year old girls from a house in our very small village, beat them up, left one for dead in the forest after the other one escaped to phone the police, smashed his car up, broke into another house, smashed that house up and tried to steal the car, then ran off and was on the run for about 12 hours. He is now behind bars, but the poor girl is a terrible state, they weren't sure she would actually live, her family and TBH the whole community are in bits. We live in a small rural village, it is so shocking that something like that could happen here.

Anyway, everyone is trying to get back to normal today. Kids went back to school yesterday and all is going well with their new teacher. I went back to work too after my 6 weeks holiday. Sausage pasta for tea. Just trying to do normal stuff!

Hope you all have a good day x
  • Afternoon everybody:wave:

What I have done today

A bit of 'extra' food shopping at Waitrose with the bit of extra cash I had:)

Some washing. Ds1 hung it on the line while I was out:j

Picked a huge colander full of blackberries plus a pudding bowl of raspberries

Told my 9yo dd about periods. She probably won't start for another 5 years if she's anything like me, but I have a horror of her being the only one in her class not to know. So, that's that out of the way;)

What I'm going to do/am doing

Making some roasted chilli sauce. This is to serve with sausages and oven 'fries' at a later date so it's destined for the freezer in the short term.

Boring ironing

Making sausage meatball and barley broth for supper. Deviating from my meal plan again:D I'm using 'chorizo style sausages' this time. They aren't the dry salami type but ordinary sausages with lots of paprika in them. Should be delicious.

Got a litre of yogurt yogging away. Have put a couiple of spoonfuls of crème fraîche in it for added lusciousness:drool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure