A Payment A Day - Part 9

clearing_out_my_pockets
clearing_out_my_pockets Posts: 2,868 Forumite
edited 10 December 2010 at 2:36PM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Official MoneySavingExpert.com insert:

What's it about? The Payment a Day (PaD) forum thread started in 2008, based on the idea of making a payment to just one debt every day – even if just a penny.

Two years later, nine forum threads have been filled and half a million pounds of debt paid off, proving it really does work. So we're giving it a special mention in the weekly email to help inspire others, and say congrats to all involved.

Can I join in? Of course - just sign up to the forum (it's free) and click 'reply' to say hi to your fellow PaD-ers!

Back to the original post...

*The Rules*

1) To assist the monthly 'counter-upper' please post your PaD in Bold, colour, large, or all three
2) Once you join, you cannot leave ;)

*The principles*

Emily Hallett started a fantastic thread called 'a payment a day' which you can find here:

Thread 1

:T The thread was a huge success and was continued in 'A Payment a Day Parts 2-8'. Those threads can be found here:

Thread 2 Thread 3 Thread 4 Thread 5 Thread 6 Thread 7 Thread 8

:T The thread is extremely supportive and friendly, with lots of madness and smileys to boot! It is ever increasing, which is why part 9 has now been started.

The principle of the idea is that you pay any extra money you have against a debt to clear it a little bit quicker. Not everyone makes a daily payment, but instead they save money to make a lump sum at the end of the month. You can do it anyway you want to, but join the thread and let us know how you are getting on.

Some PaD-ers have cleared their debts and are now focusing on saving following the same principal, so they still post on the thread. Anyone is welcome to join in at anytime.

Best wishes to everyone :beer:

*The numbers*

To show how well we all do, the collective amount paid to each debt, per month, will be logged here. Look how amazing the totals are sHa_clap5.gif

January £49,718.31 What a great start to the year!!
February £55,442.48
March £49,726.57
April £41,898.23
May £47,278.84
June £48,604.92
July £41,914.26
August £57,074.96
September £31,421.27
October £40,050.33
November £37,664.42
December

2010 so far : £500,794.59 :T

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP
(Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :DHappy birthday to Andy too :D
  • Thrifty_Pixie
    Thrifty_Pixie Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    G'day all!

PADs for me are...

Yesterday:
    £2 coin into Mad Catter
    £30.57 rounding down account into online saver
    Today:
    £2 coin into Mad Catter
    £500 into ISA
    £7.27 ISA interest
    £50 into online saver

Grand total = £591.84 please :)

Happy birthday to everyone who flewped into this world today :beer:

I have a cold :(

*cough*
    *sniff*

*meep* x
    Mortgage-Free Wannabe
    Mortgage at start [20/6/12]: £151,800/MFD Jun 2035 (age 65)
    Mortgage now [5/11/14]: £139,212.14/MFD Oct 2029 (age 59)
    Personal Library 2014
    :starmod: Read in 2014: 57/60 :starmod: In Progress: 2 :starmod: Books In: 94 :starmod: Books Out: 12 :starmod: TBR: 847 :starmod:
  • Afternoon all :)

Just weighed in and have lost 2lb :j, thats not bad for 4 days work is it :rotfl:
    Ive not really [STRIKE]excercized excersized exersized [/STRIKE]worked out either :o

Hopefully that should spur me on to do better **downs doritos and wipes face** :o

Mumof4 xx
    03/12/2010 [STRIKE]£9,736.56[/STRIKE] :(
    15/2/2011 9878.75

• Oh also, whilst the boys are asleep...

I went overdrawn yesterday on my current account and dont have an overdraft.It was only £20 and simply because a debit was taken yesterday monring.
    I had every intention of paying in another £20 so I wouldnt be charged (Lloyds tsb say if you go over and get back in the black by 3/4pm you wont be charged) but when I went to my branch at 1.05pm it was locked with a note on the door saying back at 1.30.

They dont close at dinner as a rule and nothing is mentioned on their opening times so do you think I have some fair argument for asking them to waive it? I did try to pay it in but I have 4 kids, all on half term and its a real trek to the bank, especially if id gone twice considering they normally would have been open :(

Im thinking if im nice they might let me off :rotfl:

Any opinions?
    Mumof4 xx
    15/2/2011 9878.75

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi all :j

Many happy returns of the day to all birthday peoples.....hope it's a good one! Popping in to PAD - sorry didn't get on yesterday, but it was only a £2 coin into the VW Campervan moneybox. BUT add it to today's which is £2653.31 to DH's evil eggy one - makes a today total PAD of £2655.31 please Angelic

Had to pay that from my 0% Bt when I checked up & realised that the evil eggies had sneakily put up their IR to nearly 27%:eek::eek::eek:
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh also, whilst the boys are asleep...

I went overdrawn yesterday on my current account and dont have an overdraft.It was only £20 and simply because a debit was taken yesterday monring.
    I had every intention of paying in another £20 so I wouldnt be charged (Lloyds tsb say if you go over and get back in the black by 3/4pm you wont be charged) but when I went to my branch at 1.05pm it was locked with a note on the door saying back at 1.30.

They dont close at dinner as a rule and nothing is mentioned on their opening times so do you think I have some fair argument for asking them to waive it? I did try to pay it in but I have 4 kids, all on half term and its a real trek to the bank, especially if id gone twice considering they normally would have been open :(

Im thinking if im nice they might let me off :rotfl:

Any opinions?
    Mumof4 xx

If you get a charge ring them up and beg/plead - they normally let you off a few times a year :D

Hope your appointment on Monday went well

EE
  • saorsie
    saorsie Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    EEEEEkkkkkkk how did that happen - when did Part 9 sneak in?! :eek: Hope everybody's ok - haven't got time to pop back onto old thread to check up :o

Anyway a PAD of £6.47 for me today please Angelic split between ebike fund and VSP

-s-
    Frugal living challenge 2012 live on £8500 ~ £7725.87 remaining
    Make £5/day in 2012 ~ £482.24/£1830 ~ 22.52%
    Proud Member of PAD since January 2010 ~ Total paid to date £11386.64
    Savings Pot for 2012 ~ £772.60/£3000 ~ 23.38%
    Lose 19lbs / Save £2k by 30/04/12 *5/19lbs* £158.72/£2000
  • If you get a charge ring them up and beg/plead - they normally let you off a few times a year :D

Hope your appointment on Monday went well

EE

Hey EE

Thanks for asking, it went better than expected actually.
    I suppose I thought they'd write me off as a bit, well crazy and send me home with anti depressants or something.:o

Apparently im not crazy :D **wants that in writing**
    The clinician thinks its some previous trauma im suppressing which has been triggered recently causing depression and anxiety so ive been referred for CBT.

Thanks for asking EE, I appreciate it xx
    Mumof4 xx
    15/2/2011 9878.75

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OOhh a shiny new thread! :j

:bdaycake:to Andy

Shame I can't have a piece though!!

mum of4 - pleased to hear you are not crazy!! at least not too crazy'cos you need to be a little mad to be on here!

Think you've got a good case to have any overdraft charges refunded!!

Pad today £25.28 please dear angelic one!!
    I'm only 1/2 lb down, but that since Friday... lots of meals out this week which will hurt both the pocket & the weight loss!!
    Never mind... every little helps!!
    Pip
    x
  • peedie
    peedie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Hiya
    I'm hagging my head in shame.

I stole 4 chocolate digestives from the office next door.

Nothing sweet in my office, all of us are trying to loose weight:A
    This morning I brought chopped carrot and grapes to snack on and lunch was a simple salad. So I started with all good intentions, honest I did.

My down fall was going feeling I wanted something sweet and went on the hunt........theres got to be something somewhere.......
    there were 5, so on a bogus excuse to be in there timed so no-one was around.....the rest is history.

Have you noticed how stolen biscuits taste soooooo much better that those you bought or even made your self (I hear this IS possible, only a rumorer though please dont be too alarmed )?

The long and the short of this is that I can now declare a PAD of £6.49

Cos I didnt have to buy any biscuits..............................and the whole packet would have gone as well as the BOGOF. Would have sharedhonest

Going to write my lines
    I must not steal biscuits
    I must not steal biscuits
    only 998 to go.
    See you later, I might be some time

Peedie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income