The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Comments

• Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    3/21 for me please. Thanks for the booting - I needed it! Feel more positive today and hoping that it'll be AF until the weekend!
  • Since I have started workout .. am staying away from drinks.. its nearly one year and getting in shape ..feeling good.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    I need a boot up the backside please!

*boot* with a fluffy mule

8/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,785
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 8 September 2015 at 8:16AM
    Hi everyone, I'm not sure where I fit in with my alcohol consumption, it took me years to realise that I even had a problem. I drink about 8 to 9 bottles of wine a week (I almost never have a dry day, so it is constant). Although I did cut down to 21 units a week for over a year, this ended last summer. I have no (known) health problems but I am concerned that it won't be long before I develop one if I continue drinking. This morning I made an appointment to see my doctor next Friday (18th September), I am going to ask him about being prescribed Campral to help me stop drinking. I understand that you are supposed to have already stopped drinking when you start this medication, does anyone know if one weeks abstinence is long enough? I also understand that you have to have counselling too, does anyone know what extent this counselling will be?

I'm not expecting Campral to provide a miracle cure, I'm just hoping that it helps a bit, and that it might make the difference.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning :hello:

1 more ALD for yesterday.

644755227ec20e89f2.jpg

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Forumite
    welcome2.gifChuckNorris - shout out if you want to join the September Challenge.
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Forumite
    September:

signyay.png= 7 Days AF

yay.gif= 14 days AF

banana1.gif= 21 days AF

smiley-bravo.gif= 28 days AF

confetti.gif= 31 days AF

smiley-score010.gifyattasmiley.gif = target achieved

Alcohol Free Days

Barny1979 7/30
    signyay.png
    CarvisCocker 7/29
    signyay.png

Chardonnay /30

Dansmam 5 /30

DebJay 5/20

Gonzo 5/30

I'mAPoet 1/30

Honey Bear 8/30 signyay.png

Maman
    4/10

Pricey /20

Satchmo
    4/20

SandyPan 5/29
    SmallHoldingSister 7/30
    signyay.png

ThriftMonster /14

Alcohol Low Days

Dizzy Imp 3/21

Shaggy 4/25

Everyone Welcome! It's never too late to join....

Please highlight your AFDs in Red

Don't hesitate to let me know if I've made a mistake!
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,785
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 8 September 2015 at 9:51AM
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    welcome2.gifChuckNorris - shout out if you want to join the September Challenge.

I've probably already blown that, as I have had a drink every day so far. I also have two bottles of red wine in and I'm cooking bolognese tonight. I know it doesn't sound like a very good start to say I'm going to drink them this week, then stop. But nevertheless that is the plan. I did seriously cut back for well over a year, and not having it in the house is essential for me.

EDIT: I've just seen your post above, so I'm aiming for a banana1.gif= 21 days AF
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    I have made it a week sober! WAHOOO I am so proud of myself! I don't even miss alcohol at this stage.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,492
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Gonzo1987 wrote: »
    I have made it a week sober! WAHOOO I am so proud of myself! I don't even miss alcohol at this stage.

What an excellent start! Well done!:T
    I've probably already blown that, as I have had a drink every day so far.
    EDIT: I've just seen your post above, so I'm aiming for a banana1.gif= 21 days AF

Certainly no rules that say you have to have the whole month as a target chuck. Hopefully when the wine you've got in is gone you can control it better. I started from where you are and now I'm down to a maximum of three bottles a week. Good Luck.:)

I won't be AF today as I'm going out for a meal tonight but will be moderate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure