Homeserve renewal

Hi all
just come off the phone after an exasperating call to Homeserve Customer Services. In a nutshell I paid the introductory policy premium of approx £12 for the external supply pipe 2 years ago. I then had the pipe repaired in Summer 2010. Because of the work my premium increased to £47 a year ago. My new premium (due this week) has gone up to £72. The guy basically couldn't explain why this was so apart from the fact that I had had work done. He also couldn't explain why the premium increase for this claim has taken nearly 18 months to filter through but did, helpfully, point out that premiums have also gone up because of the increasing number of customers taking up their services. So that's alright, then.

Arrrrrgh!

:angry:

Comments

• Try speaking to your house insurance people. I did this in September when Homeserve put their price up to £50ish. The house insurance extra until next February was £5.95.
    Worth a try!
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    check out the many threads about homeserve as that might make you think twice about renewing anyway.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I took out AA road recovery in July time £39 with £20 M&S token, with it I got a years free cover for household emergencies.

Just as well, all my electrics went last month and I got excellent service from them, brilliant, and free.

Saved me a fortune
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • thanks for all the kind suggestions team! 2 quick phone calls, one to morethan to upgrade the extent of cover for £11 for the remainder of that policy, followed by one to Homeserve to cancel. Result!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure