IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge - permit on show but not in bay

Comments

• Very silly question as usual, I just want to ensure I seem professional.

I have created my exhibit with all my evidences and the template I used called it "Exhibit XX1" where I assumed the XX's were annonymizing or something? Can I just call it Exhibit 1 or Exhibit A or is there a better title for it?

Thanks again
  • Also, reading up - I think my WS has turned into a skeletan argument! Are they ok to be combined?
  • In your case the exhibit would be LH1, LH2 etc reflecting your name.
  • I feel silly - amazing thank you!
  • I have found a case where coupon-mad, you split out a skeleton and a WS.

If WS is only facts, does my skeleton then refer to the numbers in the WS? But further develops each point?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    A skeleton is a summary of your keynarguments and how they’ve failed to prove their case . Pretty much a cheat sheet of why you should win
    While splitting it out is good practice, it’s small claims, and the other side won’t have done.
  • Thank you!! That helps - think I will leave as is mixed together.

I have not received the claimant's WS yet so can't do a skeleton argument against their points.

Can I do this once I receive it even if its past the 14 days in advance of the hearing?
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 2 January 2018 at 4:02PM
    Can I do this once I receive it even if its past the 14 days in advance of the hearing?
    You can send a skeleton to the court a day or two before the day. You need to let the claimant have a copy but if necessary can wait until the day :)
    Just in case the court mislays it I would take a spare with you on the day.
  • great news thanks so much
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    When is their ws due? Keep an eye on dates. Given they’ve failed to disclose a case until now, their ws bundle is key otherwise you are FURTHER prejudiced.

I’d send your costs schedule alongside your skeleton
    Include two sections - normal costs half day loss of earnings or leave and capped at £95.
    Second is the “unreasonable behaviour” costs. Tally up the mistakes by them, your time etc and lay it out. Should be a few examples round here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure