Lady K's savings diary

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Exams are so stressful. Try to have some fun revision in the garden or park. It makes it easier. Good luck with allotment. Wow. All that lovely food you can grow for nothing. You could make money from it too.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Ladykernow
    Ladykernow Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Finished my exam, although I think I haven't done very well. Now for the massive tidy up in the house! There is paper everywhere because i've been focusing on revision more than anything else.

I need to plan a trip back home soon and use up some holiday at work. I need to try and focus on making the bonus as well. This week i've been a bit down with my work and essays. Boo! Although I would like it to one day lead to something.

I want to do a bit more wombling soon too! Very inspired by the people on here and on facebook. :) Thank you everyone! My partner thinks i'm potty.

My neighbours asked me to cat sit last week, which was nice. They left some milk for us to use as it was going to go out of date. Anyway they got me some chocolate! It was so nice of them! I wasn't expecting it. That's gone in my stash of food.
  • Ladykernow
    Options
    Happy 2018! I haven't updated this for a while.

I am attempting the no spend January and also save 5000 in 2018.

I have a massive 2018 list of what I want to achieve. One step at a time though!

I've been mulling over giving up my job and doing something else as i've not been enjoying it. Yet, I really don't know what to do. That's another reason why I want to quit the spending as much as possible this year. Just in case I don't end up with anything.

We also got our allotment just before christmas, which needs a lot of work. The weather hasn't been so great though. It's been either snowing, or raining! So we hope to grow lots of food this year.

LadyK
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Welcome back and a great post for the new year LadyK.

A NSJanuary is very brave I do applaud you - I have gone mad on my credit card in the sales. lol. Have you met Kittikins one of her family KW is into allotments too you could share stories.

I get the job thing. We all do I think. It's a common theme on here. Good luck ma'am. Please keep posting.
  • Ladykernow
    Options
    Welcome back and a great post for the new year LadyK.

A NSJanuary is very brave I do applaud you - I have gone mad on my credit card in the sales. lol. Have you met Kittikins one of her family KW is into allotments too you could share stories.

I get the job thing. We all do I think. It's a common theme on here. Good luck ma'am. Please keep posting.

I don't think i've met Kittkins?

Did you get anything nice in the sales?
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Kittikins is on this forum with a thread called 'Dreams and Wishes'. Right now all her dreams and wishes are falling into place. Check her out she's so nice.

I bought lots of tins of biscuits, some fancy alcohol things for male friends and family. For me trainers and tracksuit (to keep fit) and a few clothes.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Aw shucks, thanks SW, you're lovely too! x

Hi Ladykernow - allotments are sooooo exciting (especially when you have a fab gardening beloved, who so far has done all the work, whilst I do the planning :):):) ) Hope you get one soon - we've now got 2!
  • Ladykernow
    Options
    Kittikins wrote: »
    Aw shucks, thanks SW, you're lovely too! x

Hi Ladykernow - allotments are sooooo exciting (especially when you have a fab gardening beloved, who so far has done all the work, whilst I do the planning :):):) ) Hope you get one soon - we've now got 2!

We've got a half plot now. :) It's riddled with weeds but the weather has been so terrible that we haven't been able to always go over there. My partner is much better at digging than me! :D
  • Ladykernow
    edited 3 January 2018 at 11:28PM
    Options
    Wombled 2 receipts today. One I found on the street walking back to the car with my colleague who said very loudly 'you are so weird!' I've taken that as a compliment. :D Most of my colleagues know how frugal I try to be. I've had the comment of, 'Ask LK if she wants it, she might use it for something'. :D

Another colleague is saving up for australia and told me she's 'turning into me' in regards to money saving. Buying in the sales, trying to get a good deal. Bringing her own lunch. I'm glad that I have a positive effect on some people. :D

Yesterday I spent £2.99 on Boots cough medicine as my partner and I have a slight cold/infection. I felt slightly guilty that I had to dip in, but then I thought, actually I needed it as we needed something to bring down the temperature and ease the pain. I'm still going into work, but it's not a pretty sight. Another colleague is off and I can't afford not to work.

The survey sites are going ok. I've been using them passively and trying to do a bit on each site a few minutes a day. (If anyone wants a referral let me know!) Mr K thinks i'm a bit mad, but actually, i'm usually doing something else with it like writing or watching something on netflix.

Also Mr K sold a lamp on gumtree for £5 :) We got it free from someone ages ago, but it's always got in the way!
  • Ladykernow
    edited 9 January 2018 at 7:43PM
    Options
    I had a slight fail on Saturday night. I went out for a colleagues birthday and spend £20.66 on my meal. :( It was an all you can eat. But I felt guilty after.

But i'm back on the no spend challenge. So fingers crossed i'll keep going. I've been trying to take a packed lunch every day to work and refusing to give into the hunger bug.

My partner thinks saving £5000 on my salary isn't doable. So it makes me even more determined that I can do it. I just can't go having another take out for a while! :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback