Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Kathrynha, hope everything goes well today x

I had a sneaking weighing ;-)))
  • maman wrote: »
    I know I'm probably not helping but.......

vodka and whisky are the same syns as gin (3 for a small 35ml measure) and bacardi is a little more (3.5).:)

Ah didn't know that. You don't know what caption Morgan's rum is do you? Don't mind the stuff since I had a drink of it in Oz
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Good luck at the hospital Kathryn.
  • Good luck at the hospital Kathry, :-)

Just popping on quickly while I'm at work (on my own in the office for the next 2 weeks - colleague on holiday).

Have a good day all. x
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Ah didn't know that. You don't know what caption Morgan's rum is do you? Don't mind the stuff since I had a drink of it in Oz

Spiced rum 2.5 syns per 25ml
    Black label rum 3 syns per 25ml
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    kathrynha wrote: »
    syns - aldi quavers (3)

Hope you get some good news and good advice on managing things at the hospital kathrynha.

I have visions of the same sad, battered little bag of Quavers following you around day to day and never getting eaten!:rotfl:
    kathrynha wrote: »

Now what have I started.:eek: I'm getting a complex. I went to write some birthday cards this morning and realised just how many cards I buy for people that are wine related. This is the latest, although in my defence it was the football related reference that appealed too!:D

1129028-main.jpg?cache4.0=1490458401
  • maman
    Now, back to SW.:D

I love Mondays. One of my favourite lunches is leftovers. I deliberately cook masses of extra veg on Sundays because I love it fried up, a bit like bubble & squeak. Yesterday I added a couple of pieces of shin to the HB steaks so I've got LO meat as well as veg today.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB (half) toast, fried egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, slice of ham
    L: LO beef and fried veg (mostly all Speed), beetroot
    D: baked salmon, hassleback potatoes, runner beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, BNS
    Syns: NONE!!
  • kathrynha wrote: »

Ooh brill. I think I know what I'll now be drinking :) how much is a can of coke (mums moved my book and now we can't find it anywhere)

Been on the scales. Little wonder after the week I've had

+1.5

So got back on it today. Picked up a pack of 4 curly wirlys as treat for the week (after getting through the lidl version of Mars bars in a day last week).

Today I've had
    Breakfast - didn't have anything as was going to get weighed
    Dinner - 3 pork and tomato sausages from birds, 1 red potato, 5 small mushrooms and an onion in the oven with a bit of tescos spray - going to say 15 syns as the sausages were quite big, only going to get 2 next time.
    Tea - 2 large mushrooms with tomato, daily cheese allowance and possibly garlic in it (starting with a stinking cold).

Might get one of the wraps out and put paprika on it and warm them up later as a snack.

Well done to the losers and sts, keep going everyone. We shall look different this time next year :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Loved the card Maman! Wish we had a "funny" button along with the others.

It's using up stuff this week so a lot of stuff which isn't particularly SW friendly and not much Speed at all - not even much frozen veg left. In fact I've got so little stuff in the fridge/freezer I'm going to turn it off when we go on Wednesday!

Today's plan:

B - mushroom & pepper omelette; with extra mushrooms & peppers on the side
    L - sausage & brown sauce sandwich - HEB + 3.5
    D - something with salmon fillet - not sure what I'm going to do yet! So unlike me not to plan properly but I need to find a way of doing it that DH will eat it as he's not keen

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - butter, brown sauce, sausages

Denise
  • maman
    Ooh brill. I think I know what I'll now be drinking :) how much is a can of coke (mums moved my book and now we can't find it anywhere)

Been on the scales. Little wonder after the week I've had

+1.5

So got back on it today. Picked up a pack of 4 curly wirlys as treat for the week (after getting through the lidl version of Mars bars in a day last week).

Today I've had
    Breakfast - didn't have anything as was going to get weighed
    Dinner - 3 pork and tomato sausages from birds, 1 red potato, 5 small mushrooms and an onion in the oven with a bit of tescos spray - going to say 15 syns as the sausages were quite big, only going to get 2 next time.
    Tea - 2 large mushrooms with tomato, daily cheese allowance and possibly garlic in it (starting with a stinking cold).

Might get one of the wraps out and put paprika on it and warm them up later as a snack.

Well done to the losers and sts, keep going everyone. We shall look different this time next year :)

Full fat coke is 5.5 syns for 250 mll but any of the diet ones are free. :)

Obviously it's your choice if you want to use your syns for sausages but there are loads you can buy that are low syn. My own choice is Sainsbury's BGTY Cumberland at 1 syn each but there are others you might like.

Don't stint yourself on the mushrooms, have as much Speed as you can.

Overall I'd say you aren't having enough food. Lots of people don't eat before WI but take fruit or something to have afterwards. You'll lose weight just by eating less but that's not sustainable long term.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport