PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £30 bulk buy dry dog biscuit, £33-50 between morries and lidl.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    £55 spend for me today ... Not doing to bad this month at all lol ..

Even managed to get a few YS bits for next week as well .. Whoop !
    Gotta say the people around the YS bit were lovely as well, I was expecting a nightmare after what I have read lol
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    So low on lunchbox things this morning that I made the girls a pasta salad (which they like but complain is messy for the school yard), then went shopping at Ald!. While there, remembered that I have both pizza bases and an entire packet of mini wraps in the freezer. I may need to sit down and make a list of what we have, whoops.

Anyway, $12 top up shop including dishwasher tablets takes me to $465/$950, and I'm convinced I can keep the next couple of weeks pretty low given my stocks.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Popped into Aldi as close by and needed lamb burgers, £17.60 later, but got some yellow sticker calamari and a pork tenderloin and replenished salad bits.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nipped in to get crusty bread today and only bought wine so that's some grocery budget saved.... not sure about my liver tho :D
    tomorrow is my usual shop day and looking in cupboards and fridge I think only salad veg is needed, so in theory should be tiny. tho thinking about it I did say that last week when I only needed sarnie bits and a few veg!
    fingers crossed
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Small spend of £1.45 today for milk, so just £11.37 left in budget to last another 2 weeks. Tight, but do-able, as fridge/freezer/cupboards are well stocked up.

It's official, cost of living up by 2.9% mainly due to rising cost of holidays abroad and FOOD. As quite a few of us on here have commented already that our grocery bills are creeping up, we probably didn't need to know that, did we? ;);)
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    YorksLass wrote: »
    It's official, cost of living up by 2.9% mainly due to rising cost of holidays abroad and FOOD. As quite a few of us on here have commented already that our grocery bills are creeping up, we probably didn't need to know that, did we? ;);)

Food has definitely gone up in price. Not only that but the reductions aren't quite as good as they once were, though still helpful.

Spent £30.71 since last posted. Within that £8.28 was on a joint of beef for OH that was originally £14.56. I picked up 1kg of strawberries costing me just £1.70 as reduced in that too.

£121.26/£150
    £28.74 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    olgemama wrote: »
    Hi,
    New to this. Going to lurk for the rest of June then join in for July.
    Grocery bill is sky rocketing - my work hours have increased a lot, meaning I have less time so I'm relying on supermarket deliveries.
    We're a family of 4, 2 boys who eat nearly as much as an adult. No pets.

I really need to get my spend down, as I don't feel any financial benefit of working more at the moment :(

I think I do a good job - I meal plan and do a shopping list, but I know I can do better. Hopefully joining in here will make me save money.

You have come to the right place! There is so much good advice and help on this thread. I've found that just focusing upon a target can really concentrate the mind and cut down unnecessary spends. Looking forward to joining you in July and good luck!
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Had a meeting in the city today which brought me near the gourmet food markets - where I live is lovely but very, very ethnically white so I took advantage of being somewhere slightly more urban and picked up a bunch of Asian staples. Hainese chicken rice tonight, Malaysian seafood steamboat for Sunday family dinner, Saturday tends to be a bit luxe but then I have a week of cheap meals planned for which I mostly already have the ingredients.

$501/950 with two main shops left to go.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Didn't trust myself near shops yesterday so had DH pick up milk. And he surprised me by making tiramisu for my birthday. Improved an otherwise crappy day.

I did a quick Lidl shop this morning after the gym. I needed DW tablets and AAA batteries but resisted any fruit and veg as we are away for the weekend and I have enough to use up.

Also stocked up on tinned tomatoes to make tomato and mascarpone sauce to use up the rest of the pack from last night. It can go in the freezer for DH quick pasta dinner when he is on nights.

I also put in an MF order. Running low on chicken and meatballs.

£143 spent so far this month.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills