PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Just back from my holidays, popped into our local Oxfam and found a pair of white very soft leather Pavers wedges in my size (EU35 UK 2) for £5.99. Very little wear and a lovely padded insole so hoping they'll be very comfortable.

I was absolutely furious :rotfl:that they'd also got a looked-like-new pair of Ecco trekking sandals (probably retail around £80+ and just what I was looking for - but they were too big for me!
    I did go back to check twice though, just to make sure. ;)
  • DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yesterday daughter found a lovely purple Trespass waterproof jacket for £1, Think it was age 11/12 fits her lovely (she is 20!!).
    Slightly bitter
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Fab pair of Faith Sandals for £4.99 in Oxfam, and found a 'Goonies never say die! T-shirt for DsS at £1.99, PDSA, we've introduced him to Ghostbusters already, Goonies he's heard of but not yet watched ;)

OH and I were born in 1981 &1983, total nostalgia for us he he ;)

Lxx
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Alphamare
    Alphamare Posts: 701 Forumite
    I found what I think is the most amazing thing ever.
    A yeves st Laurent bomber jacket in great condition (original price over £1000!) for £8!
    If you dont know where you are going... Any road will take you there :rotfl:
  • Alphamare: What an incredible bargain. Lucky you!
    Normal people worry me.
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Popped into a charity shop I always think is a bit rubbish today but they had a white company maxi dress for £5 and a ted baker cardigan for £3.50. At one of my regular charity shops I got nwt denim shorts for dd for £1.50 and a roll of laura ashley wallpaper for 50p
  • Susan1962
    Susan1962 Posts: 297 Forumite
    Have had no real luck for weeks and weeks. Then today I was just killing time and found a whole bagful of bargains in a couple of shops on the same stretch of road:
    3 pairs of leather shoes, two of which were brand new (one a Karrimor leather walking shoe) (£16 for all three); a Nine West small leather handbag with matching purse that goes perfectly with one of the pairs of shoes (£2.99); 2 brand new Trespass ladies short sleeved cotton shirts at £2 each and a gorgeous Samonsite canvas laptop bag, as new, for £4!
    I couldn't believe my luck - especially at finding shoes and bag which will go perfectly and from different shops.
    Looking ahead
  • Babafette
    Babafette Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    I've had a couple of good finds recently including Saltrock and Fat Face cotton scarves for 99p each, two brand new Professor Layton games for my Nintendo DS for 99p each, a pair of Nicole Farhi trousers for £1.00, a gorgeous purple Monsoon jacket for £3.25, an original Terramundi 'Bucket List Fund' money pot for £4.50 and a heather coloured wool and cashmere jacket from Eastex for £4.99. :)
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.... :/
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Gap fleece hoodie for DsS £5 and a Per Una top for me £4.50
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,899 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Had to take a week off from charity shop shopping as been away with a friend who just does not understand the thrill of the search!

Anyhoo, back now and first outing proved to be very worthwhile.....

The community chazza had a big bin of brand new bras, each priced at 75p. Found a pretty, nudey coloured T-shirt bra in just the right size :)

Then, in the RSPCA shop, (where I never usually find anything!), I spotted a brand new Jasper Conran dress in a heavy cotton with a scoopy neck and sleeveless. (Original price tag still attached of £85) A bit like a posh sundress and beautifully made with an internal bra/scaffolding. I winced a bit when I saw the chazza's £20 price tag though. Then I noticed some paperwork attached to the hem...it had been sent to Johnsons the Cleaners to have a new zip fitted....at a cost of £!9.90! That softened the blow a little so I tried it on and ended up purchasing it. Then.....grrrrr!!! when I got it home I noticed that the security tag is still attached in the side seam of the skirt.

Does anyone know how to remove a security tag safely without the need for a visit to A & E? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure