PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking Oil on Clothes

Comments

• r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    thanks guys

off to put washing up liquid on it and cuck it back in the machine.

fingers crossed.
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,864 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    not very old-style but with stains that have already been washed once I find that soaking/spraying with vanish and letting it soak in before rewashing works,

be careful not to use too much wasing up liquid in an automatic as it makes so many suds
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    thanks for your tips. I used washing up liquid and it worked.
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • Help just spilt sunflower oil on a suede jacket. Any suggestions?
  • No-one got any ideas?
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    The only thing we've got (that I can recall) is in the Cleaning section of the MEGA Index. It's listed under "Shoes" where a number of different problems in cleaning suede shoes have some remedies offered.

Other than that you could try:-

http://www.howtocleananything.com/frame.htm

..use the search engine and then the lower two input boxes with "oil" and "suede"
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Anne_Marie_2
    Anne_Marie_2 Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    :dance: WOOO HOOOO GO GIRL!!! :dance:

menironing3mz.jpg

Not sure if this is going to work or not, but this would be the only thing ever to persuade me to get the iron out - would be better if he got up and did it though...........the ironing of course!
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Rub washing up liquid into it before you put it in the wash.

I have used this method after twice washing a top and putting it through the tumble drier once.

Not sure about the ironing one. What is one of those :rotfl:

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Escudo
    Escudo Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hello

Does anyone know of any good ways of removing cooking oil stains fom clothes? I've just splashed a new pair of trousers with olive oil and usually when that happens, just putting them in the washer is not enough.

Ta much

Escudo
    :o
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Gingham_Ribbon Posts: 31,520 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've had some success with washing up liquid dabbed onto cooking oil stains before putting through an ordinary wash.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure