COUTTS Bank - how much to be a customer?

Comments

• withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    StJP is IF products packaged up in a posh website - the interest rates have matched for the last year or so!
  • withnell
    withnell Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    For current account banking with smaller portfolios and a "bespoke" service, it'd be Duncan Lawrie, for investment banking it'd be Rothschild.

That said, I am not a huge fan of private banks anyway - I think a "switched on" person can achieve better results without them.

Well their main target is people who have so much money they don't want the hassle of managing it I suppose!
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    withnell wrote: »
    Well their main target is people who have so much money they don't want the hassle of managing it I suppose!

In part, yes - but there's nothing unique about the private banks that you can't get through a high street's private banking division, and usually for cheaper with access to a far greater range of services, etc.

Again, the only unique thing about these private banks is the opportunity for people to feel "posh."
    What would William Shatner do?
  • Aegis
    Aegis Posts: 5,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    In part, yes - but there's nothing unique about the private banks that you can't get through a high street's private banking division, and usually for cheaper with access to a far greater range of services, etc.

Again, the only unique thing about these private banks is the opportunity for people to feel "posh."
    I think that largely depends on the bank... For everyday banking needs, HSBC's private bank gets its clients to simply use the Premier service, while for large loans or investments they have the ability to create bespoke structured products because of the size of the balance and the type of customers they deal with. Whether this service is special enough to warrant keeping £2 million invested with them is really down to the individual in question!
    I am a Chartered Financial Planner
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
  • Excellent! Member for a day, 13 posts and he tries to have a go and act smart with us? Good luck!

For the record, as you've been told by others, most and I mean MOST businesses have an accountant, if not please be so kind as to answer my previous post and explain who does your bookeeping?

In fact, if I hit you with an easy question, such as assume you do earn £75k - what tax rate do you pay and at what point do you hit the threshold for higher rate assuming, you also pay class 1 NI Conts - what would your deductions be per annum for tax and NI on said £75k salary? Not knowing this would be ermm, criminal lets say :rotfl::rotfl:

Unless of course you hire an accountant as most do!

Regards to going elsewhere, think that will be you my son unless you change the attitude a little and stop being so evasive and get to the point! Your whole story is filled with !!!!!! - just go away and learn to walk before you run!

Did you notice the key word in amongst his reply?

That, to me, doesn;t suggest every self employed person does - it suggests most do, as I concur. Dipsh!t :rotfl:

Oh dear I may only be a new member & only have 13 new posts but at least I am not being immature & using offensive language so please if you would like to swear please be my guest but please go bak to school you immature little person. If you cannot put across your point without lowering yourself to using swear words then please do not reply at all. Just for your information I do not have to show myself to you by answering any of those questions as I do not wish to be associated with someone who feels that they have to swear in order to emphasise their point.
  • :rotfl::rotfl: dipsh!t :rotfl::rotfl:

Wow! Did you get a University degree or any qualifications? Seriously! You're so immature. I know more mature 10 year olds! :) When you have finished being a "bank destroyer" (public profile) come back here & I will take you to the cleaners again you immature person! Enjoy destroying banks! Clever statement in todays economic climate really "bank destroyer". That really is what everybody needs nowadays. There own personal bank destroyer. You might be onto something there my friend! Instead of being an immature poster on this website you could hire yourself out to destroy banks. PLEASE... Get real & grow up!!!
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Wow! Did you get a University degree or any qualifications? Seriously! You're so immature. I know more mature 10 year olds! :) When you have finished being a "bank destroyer" (public profile) come back here & I will take you to the cleaners again you immature person! Enjoy destroying banks! Clever statement in todays economic climate really "bank destroyer". That really is what everybody needs nowadays. There own personal bank destroyer. You might be onto something there my friend! Instead of being an immature poster on this website you could hire yourself out to destroy banks. PLEASE... Get real & grow up!!!
    ***:rotfl::rotfl: LOL:rotfl::rotfl: ***
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • ***:rotfl::rotfl: LOL:rotfl::rotfl: ***

No wait! That was harsh to 10 year olds. All 10 year olds are far more mature than you! I love the fact that you do not have a decent mature resopnse to what I just wrote so all you write is "LOL" like a silly little school kid! Oh well. Your loss. Not mine! At least I know have an IQ bigger than my shoe size to get me through this life. Where do you work? McDonald? Do you have a "McJob"? Do you get kicks out of spitting in the Mayonnaise? Now response are you going to come up with next?... ROFLCOPTER or quite possibly the good old LMAO? Who knows?! Someone with your intelligence could write practically anything.
  • agsnu
    agsnu Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Handbags down, ladies.
  • Brian1966
    Brian1966 Posts: 1,428 Forumite
    No wait! That was harsh to 10 year olds. All 10 year olds are far more mature than you! I love the fact that you do not have a decent mature resopnse to what I just wrote so all you write is "LOL" like a silly little school kid! Oh well. Your loss. Not mine! At least I know have an IQ bigger than my shoe size to get me through this life. Where do you work? McDonald? Do you have a "McJob"? Do you get kicks out of spitting in the Mayonnaise? Now response are you going to come up with next?... ROFLCOPTER or quite possibly the good old LMAO? Who knows?! Someone with your intelligence could write practically anything.
    I'm 14 and 3/4 so am I allowed to write ROFLMAO :rotfl:
    Natwest gold..Limit £1750 bal £970..Vanquis Limit £3000 bal £0..Littlewoods..Limit £1200 bal 0..Additions direct..Limit £4900 bal £1356..Empire Limit £6200 bal £152..Jd williams..Limit £1100 bal £130..Simplybe..Limit £1500 bal 265,,Fashion world..Limit £1400 bal £145 Jacamo..Limit£125 bal 0
    Next..Limit £?? bal £0 Asda..limit £1250 bal £440,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport