Shall we get started?

Comments

• Change of plan, been to Santander branch and made an appt to open a basic a/c with them and children's a/cs. Two week wait for an appt, so will keep the BoS a/cs for now but close if Santander will open a/cs for us as all can be viewed and linked online, simple! Even better their mini 123 a/c matches the 3% and interest is paid monthly! surely more motivating for children than annually with no ability to see their money grow other than an annual statement:p
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
  • nellis10
    nellis10 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi Polly!

I have a Nationwide account which is linked to my son's Child Trust Fund, so I can see balances and move money as I like. It also allows me to view the balance of my loan, although not the individual payments, interest charged etc, I have to work all that out myself lol
    2024 Challenges
    • Grocery Budget (January £0/£300)
    • Decluttering (Underway!)
    • Frugal Living (January £0/£500
    • 24 in 2024 (0/24)
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My children's accounts totally confuse me with the Halif**. I pay a regular standing order for each of them and then it transfers to another account after a year but as I can't view/track them I never know where I am with them, what interest rate is etc. being able to view them online would tempt me to increase how much I give them!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Thanks for that, Nelly i've had a look at Nationwide, so that would be another option if Santander doesn't work out:j.
    Hi Cath, yes i had Halifax reg savers for them a few years ago and thought 6% was fab until i realised that as the first month is only a 1/12th of the final balance the real rate of return is the same as the 3% for the whole year:rotfl:

Even with the co-op i can see their a/cs but at 0.1% it really is pointless:eek:

Right land of surveys beckons, well it doesn't really but it's all going to a good cause:D
  • Oh well never believe a bank!!
    RBS have put my initial deposit into 'recovery' so now have to raise a complaint against themselves as my old a/c is settled under the BR. Idiots:mad: but i can have my money back if i phone a special number and go straight to a branch:rotfl:

Can see me staying with the co-op after all:eek:

Money, well not a lot happening, need to find a safe home to start saving for car(s). So may go and google rates again!

Need to ebay and need to survey but lacking in omph today. Off to shout 'COME ON' at myself.
    Will report on progress later:D
  • Okay Alliance and Leicester rant now....
    i have a flexible mortgage and it's a tracker, so currently lovely and low but the main selling point at the time was it could be ported. Now that i've found my dream [STRIKE]house[/STRIKE] wreck, they won't port it because the house is classed as a development:mad::mad::mad:

Don't get me wrong, we may well struggle to sell this house, so it all may have fallen through anyway, but aarrrggghhhhhh:mad::mad:

So i suppose as we are IO here maybe we just treat this like a cheap rental and save to buy something else without a mortgage. That could be something small and grotty to do up and sell on, ummm brain whirring again - must stop watching Homes Under the Hammer:rotfl:
  • On a more positive note!
    £7.21 from £co now moved to the secured loan:j
    And mortgage statement shows a capital reduction of £14.71 (so without the £14.10 op it would only have been down by 61p:eek:).

Stuck in today waiting for a courier who better show (but probably when i'm out collecting the youngest from school:p).
  • Courier been but he did arrive when i was on the school run! But he waited bless him:A
  • Feel flatter than the world's flattest pancake today:(

Good news is i've had a tax refund of £349 but don't know what to do with it:o

Medium news is bought school uniform £253 but will last two of my lot for all of next year (huge:p) and hopefully beyond - 10% discount by buying in June.

Bad news is crying in front of the children for no real reason. Although i think it's a combination of everything, the dream house / mortgage problem = feeling trapped. DH not getting a small promotion. No official confirmation from the trustees that our time with them is over, so worried about every penny! Also went to see one of Scotland's premier (top exam results etc etc) schools for DD in a couple of years time and i wasn't as impressed as i expected and it was a shock to see how self-regarding and peudo-grown-up those teenagers were:rotfl:.

Feel very pressured at work too and can see it being a case of walking out or being sacked.
    Must go and tell myself how lucky i am!!!
  • Evening PWD, take a moment to breath :)

It must be difficult after waiting for so long - only advice I can give is to stay calm and keep talking. Pop on here and vent whenever you need.

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business