The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Asda Complaint

Comments

• borders_dude
    borders_dude Posts: 1,974 Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    ..I always find short and to-the-point letters more effective.

Something I have found aswell
    When dealing with the CSA its important to note that it is commonly accepted as unfit for purpose, and by default this also means the staff are unfit for purpose.
  • Rang up this morning and was told they tried to deliver, but could not get a answer at the door or on the phone and could not leave a message on the phone , a load of 'crap' so they cancelled order and said i would have to re-order, no thanks.
  • Davey2009
    Davey2009 Posts: 165 Forumite
    With all the advertising & competitive prices Asda should in theory be brilliant.... but my own experience & those mentioned by others clearly show that in practice they fall short in a number of areas.

I'd sum it up with very good at listening & making promises but then just a miserable failure when it comes to delivering !

If you have a branch of Aldi nearby I suggest you all save yourselves a few quid & shop there.
    Theres only two rules to remember
    1) Im always right
    2) See rule 1
  • Absolutely agree with every single post here - just don't use Asda for online shopping - waste of time & money.

My experience:
    - ordered online few days before as wouldn't have time to go to the shops due to workload
    - Arrived home early to wait for the delivery between 5 - 7pm, short on time as these were the supplies for a surprise birthday party with the guests arriving at 7:30pm and the birthday girl at 8pm
    - Once it got the 6:50pm I rang Asda in order find out why nothing had arrived yet, or gone past my road as had kept a look out
    - Was informed that my order had been rejected and that she would call the store but no notes in order to know why they would reject the order
    - 7pm Called back to let me know that there was no one at the Asda store in Slough who could help her, that potentially there had been fraud on my card and the store would call me at some point that evening
    - I was then faced with 30 mins until guests arrive, no provisions, potentially there was fraud on my card and nothing else could be done
    - 7:20pm store called: the driver was unable to find St Leonards Road in Windsor (anyone who lives in the area will laugh out loud, as I did, at this point) and the driver who had not made the delivery and did not know the system could not inform me whether I would get a refund but that the driver in question would call me back the next day to let me know why he couldn't find me. Once an order is cancelled of course I could go back online and just rebook - "the process is extremely easy to be delivered the next day or next week." Sarcastically this was of course very useful at this point with guests arriving in 10 minutes.
    - Dashed to reliable Tescos - spent less than getting it delivered and managed to get back before the Birthday girl arrived
    - Saturday I still had not received a follow up phonecall from the store - therefore I rang customer service. I was spoken to as though I was extremely thick that once a delivered has been rejected that I won't be charged - I was also informed that he dealt with a lot of similar queries - laughter from me at the honesty of this. He assured me that he would call the store and complain - nothing once again.

- I never received an email to let me know that the order was rejected - there are no notes on my online account and every person that I dealt with was used to this and did not care.

- Moral of the story:
    DO NOT SHOP WITH ASDA ONLINE EVER

Thank you for your time.

Nat
  • queenpig
    queenpig Posts: 419 Forumite
    Shopping to be delivered yesterday (Sunday) between 2pm and 4pm, come 4.30 no shopping so rang the c/s to chase it up.
    Given the van has broken down excuse, but it's on the (another) van now.
    I Call back up at 7.30, the guy on the phone said I'll call you back once I've rang the local store, the guy rings back shopping will be delivered between 8pm and 10pm. 9.30 I get a phone call, saying it wont be delivered today, tomorrow, is anytime ok? Ok I say, anytime after 9 and before 3. Some one will call you tomorrow and delivery at 9.30. That's fine. 9.30 this morning, no delivery 12.45 I get a phone call from a lady at asda who told me that it would be now be between 5pm and 8pm tonight. I would have told her to stick it, but she was that quick to get off the phone and that she caught me off gaurd I didn't get a chance. But but now what I've read maybe getting the shopping delivered is the option at least hopefully I wont have to fight to get my money back? and that I might get all my order.

Sorry hope this all makes sence and excuse any spelling mistakes and grammer!
    This is just a quick reply. And I wont be shopping with Asda again.
    Grocery Challenge. £400. - £35.22 + £19.80 + £109.01 = £164.03
    Other spends (Clothes Luxuries etc)£11.97 + £1.19 + £7.36 + £69.00 + £38.50 + £5.50 + £23.00 +£2.00 = £158.52:shocked::sad:
  • euripidesralph
    euripidesralph Posts: 101 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2010 at 10:16PM
    Hi

I thought i would add my odd and un urgent attitude from asda

This is going to sound like a surreal incident but I promise you it happened.

Last summer my husband had a day off to fix his broken motorbike (his only form of transport to work - it will become clear later why i say this)

whilst putting a delicately placed valve in he heard a tremendouss crash, jumped and the valve sprang out of his hands and shot into the garden never to be seen again - that was fifty pounds and two more days of not getting to work, but he ran out the drive as he thought there had been an accident and went to see if all we ok.

An Asda delivery van had reversed through our front wall into our garden, demolishing said wall and was parked in our garden. OH checked the man driving was ok.

Now at the time we we both just glad the poor man was fine and just shaken.

My irritation began to grow when it took weeks for asda to reply toeither myself or the landlady, and being told on the phone that it wasnt really inconveniencing me!!!

I didnt want to make a big fuss because it was an honest aaccident on the drivers part (i think, he apparently said he was distracted and forgot to brake), and i was worried if I made a fuss, he might get into trouble, however our landlady quite rightly wanted the wall fixed and I had initially tried to help by ringing asda

All ended well, walll fixed and all fine, but wsant very impressed with ASDAs laissez faire attitude.

xx

sorry should have said the inconvenience was that due to the lost valve which sounds silly oh lost two days pay and we had to buy another valve - not the drivers fault admittedly but it did irritate when the customer service woman that was dealng with it made out like we were unaffected - i didnt push it tho - am not great with confrontaton and was worried about causing a fuss
    "I havent failed, Ive found 10,000 ways that dont work" Thomas Edison

:heartpulsMarried to the love of my life 5th December 2009
    My little miracle ds born 15/11/12 ..... loving the rollercoaster
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,140
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    NatPolo wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with every single post here - just don't use Asda for online shopping - waste of time & money.

My experience:
    - ordered online few days before as wouldn't have time to go to the shops due to workload
    - Arrived home early to wait for the delivery between 5 - 7pm, short on time as these were the supplies for a surprise birthday party with the guests arriving at 7:30pm and the birthday girl at 8pm
    - Once it got the 6:50pm I rang Asda in order find out why nothing had arrived yet, or gone past my road as had kept a look out
    - Was informed that my order had been rejected and that she would call the store but no notes in order to know why they would reject the order
    - 7pm Called back to let me know that there was no one at the Asda store in Slough who could help her, that potentially there had been fraud on my card and the store would call me at some point that evening

Nat

What I can say from my experience and my sister's experience is they tend to be less reliable for late orders. If I order in the morning they nearly always early, midday then it tends to be within the 2 hour slot, and anything after dark they tend to be late and I also have drivers moaning in a bad mood on the late deliveries that they knackered etc.
  • :mad:asda customer "don't" care ! i am fizzing as i have been told that a light fitting i bought and paid an electrician to install, has burnt out approx 4 months ago cannot be replaced as i have no proof of purchase, as i bought it with loads of shopping and can't remember if i paid cash or card, and if so even which account etc, as i couldn't even prove i bought it from asda, which was removed by electrician, when got home furious with broken light fitting (burnt out wire from transformer no logical reason why as it is the bit done by asda) i saw the plate on the ceiling states asda so in my rage was a plonker and got self electrocuted trying to remove plate to prove point now spoke on a paid for call which seemed to take a while to answer at "customer service" asda house who confirmed even if i could prove it i had no proof of purchase and (along with m&s) have changed their returns poloicy, they donot believe it warrants notifying their customers of their change in policy with any large signs about this, they just believe they are better than most shops. i think i am, trying to say you may think its good value but it isn't when it breaks/doesn't work/isn't of reasonable quality, and before anger gets me electrocuted again i will have a cup of coffee!!!! frustrated and now boycotting shops which will save me a fortune!!
  • I ordered 2 double beds on 6th February, 2010 with a 14 working day delivery - it is now 26the February and am still waiting. Have phoned customers services 14 times and still not getting anywhere. They said the Carrier could deliver them on Monday but told them I am at work and to deliver them on Wednesday - cant do that either!!!! So told them to get me a delivery date and then phone me - still waiting. I would NEVER order anything from them every again and would srongly recommend everyone to do the same.
  • Hey, im on a big big big rant! So watch out :P

Yesterday i arranged for a big order to be delivered from asda between 8pm and 10pm - i arranged a charity event for a group of ladies from the church committee the aim was to donate as much money as we could to another lady in the church committee who had been diagnosed with cervical cancer and had just found out that it was discovered too late and it had spread.
    Anyway, ASDA failed to show up!! there were about 10 of us waiting in the front room (the front door is also in that room so theres no way on this earth that we could have missed it) from 7pm til just before 12am. I called up this morning to be told that the ASDA store who were meant to be delivering said that they had attempted to deliver but no one was at home, the lady was rude and spoke to me as if i was a child, she refused to even listen to what i was saying! i was disgusted. It was my first time ordering groceries online and seeing ASDA as a huge huge company i thought it would come :( They didnt even call me or anything, i assumed that the drivers were lazy because it was the last delivery slot of the day and they just couldnt be bothered. Anyhow this meant that the charity event i organised had to be postponed until friday but obviously its been a big pain for us who have organised it phoning up everybody and so on.. Its also really sad because this means we have less time to raise money for her. And i know its only 3 days difference but when youre suffering from a terminal illness such as cancer every second counts..
    Weve all boycotted ASDA at the church anyway, im not asking anyone here to do the same cause obviously i have no right to. Im just asking that if anyone has experienced any bad customer service no matter how insignificant you may feel it is to report the matter to bbc watchdog for me, you can do so by searching for bbc watchdog on google then click on 'got a story' on the main page.
    I just hope that watchdog investigate further into ASDAs lack of cutomer services cause its appauling that they pride thereselves on excellent customer service when to be honest you cant even call it that at times!
    Thanks for your time :) and thanks if you do support us and complain to watchdog.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure