Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Comments

• Kirito wrote: »
    Just had a quick look at this universal job match.. You don't have to sign up to be able to search and apply for jobs which is nice.

The problem I'm finding at the moment is that giving me considerably less results than the old site did.

The last appointment with my 'adviser' she told me I'd still have to fill in the job search booklet because they can't monitor other sites, though she didn't say whether signing up to universal job match was mandatory or not.

Honestly, she seemed more concerned about not knowing what was happening to her job now more things are moving online.

Oh well.

Yep about 5 whereas I used to get at least 200 within 15 miles of where I am.
    So, tell me again why they had to change something that works - won't let me log in either
  • Kirito wrote: »

The last appointment with my 'adviser' she told me I'd still have to fill in the job search booklet because they can't monitor other sites, though she didn't say whether signing up to universal job match was mandatory or not.

Did she say they they can't monitor the site?
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you check the website you will see only 5 regions are listed Wales, London, Scotland, South east/Southern and yorkshire.
    Where is the rest of the country ?
  • john539 wrote: »
    Where is the rest of the country ?
    here

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/JobSearch/Browse.aspx

haha

I wonder who tested this before it went live and I wonder when I sign on Friday if they are going to tell me about it.
  • Adamthegreat984
    Adamthegreat984 Posts: 56 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2012 at 11:46AM
    This new website scares me, im under the work programme using a login and my advisor can check style website. (rehabjobfit)

Can't be dealing with a second snooping team looking in on me.
  • john539
    Forumite
    here

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/JobSearch/Browse.aspx

haha

I wonder who tested this before it went live and I wonder when I sign on Friday if they are going to tell me about it.
    You would think they would put in more than 5 regions.
  • john539
    Forumite
    This new website scares me, im under the work programme using a login and my advisor can check style website. (rehabjobfit)

They shouldn't be snooping unless they have your written agreement.

The website terms should state what's happening.
  • Well this is strange.

Couple of weeks ago got signed (Work Provider) upto Ingeus's portal where you were supposed to have job matches matched up to your profile via using the SOC codes which are also used on the job centre plus website.

Now for fourteen days, I logged into and everytime 'no matches' were shown...but surprise surprise first day of Universal Job Match and I have matches.

Now does anybody know if the Ingeus portal at ingeus works com is linked up to the Universal Job Match even though my advisor told me its entirely different and not linked up? Just seems very strange I get lots of job matches on the very day the new national job search goes online.

What are the data implications also, if Ingeus have access and are filtering their results from the Universal Job Match?
  • This new website scares me, im under the work programme using a login and my advisor can check style website. (rehabjobfit)

http://rehabjobfit.com/ ?

Rehab job fit sounds like you are in rehab!! Good choice of name!
  • 1940sGal
    1940sGal Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    cambermam wrote: »
    This is crap. I don't want them to show me a few jobs based on some skills that i typed in, i want to see ALL JOBS advertised and sort by date order, which is what i have done everyday and never had a problem.

They have made my search 10 times harder now and i will be finding other websites to search for vacancies.

Just type in your postcode, leaving the job title and skills boxes blank and it comes up with ALL jobs, then you can narrow down by miles etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure