PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S DAily Thread Wednesday 23rd May 2012

124»

Comments

• wannabe_sybil
    wannabe_sybil Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Rosy Red - it is amazing what you can do with dye. Little bear got red marker on two of his little shirts. I nearly cried. One of them was M&S (surprisingly good value for school wear).

But he likes red so I decided that he could supervise me dyeing them entirely red. One came out a lovely tomato colour, but the other which was dyed in in the same machine in the same dye at the same time, came out a lovely bright fuchsia. Little bear said he would wear it when he played with his girlfriend as pink was her favourite colour.

Did you dye the shorts by hand? That is far braver than I was, I am so accident prone. And I have also run out of washing. Not ironing.

Meanmarie - so sorry to hear of your grandson. But it is one of those things that are so hard to spot. I hope he is better soon. Any news of Kelly?

Piano lesson postponed so no fish, so chicken and salad sandwiches tonight. I got some sliced chicken from the local shop, it looks lovely but wasn't inexpensive.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Molly - Ooooh another hat :D, glad you got a bargain :T
    RR - Oh lovely......I was sat watching a Bull Mastif dog show the other week :D.

Took tiddlies to the park striaght from school, home now though far too hot for me :o.
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Gotta say i didn't know there was a name for it either.....we just call it amercian :o.

Sucessful trip to argoose glad i reserved as the prices had jumped over night to an extra 35 quid :eek:

MH - :rotfl:at figuring Uoly, I didn't notice that :o
    LW - Stop at ours....stop at ours.....a good olde fashioned pub ;), They don't sell lager:cool:
    nmlc- Hope hospital goes ok x
    Molly - Blooming cheek, can't have time off to do his own revision but can help others *tuts*. Would love to see a pic of Pika :D
    Bitsy - Crikey she's got big feet :eek::o.....

Right thats lunch gulped.....off to walk the houndettes in the woods where its nice and cool :cool:

:rotfl::rotfl:Glad to see its not just me that says Argoose :rotfl::rotfl:

And yes she has big feet, goes with her big head. Both the kids have large noodles, for all those extra brain cells :rotfl:

Marie - hugs for DGS, hope surgery is successful. Any sign of Kerry? Xx
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    marie if it is any consolation one of the GP's at my surgery missed my appendicitis :eek: so don't blame yourself. I hope DGS gets over it soon ((((Hugs)))) for him x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    İts a great idea to dye things! i have lots of decent tee-shirts that i dont wear because i have de-faced them with marker pen(its an occupational hazard of a teacher)--i will set myself a project for the summer--get Mrs De to dye them all!

İ went for my ride along the sea front with my mate and we stopped off for a beer in the evening sun. its about 28 degrees here and very nice. İn the uk that would set off a drought alert!!! --summer here is 4 months of temperatures around 40 degrees so as you can gather 28 is 'nice'---i have to admit the heat isnt as humid as the uk because it is just dry year round!---we wash clothes and dry them indoors year round and we never get any damp problem.---we have outside areas to dry but just dont bother because hanging them indoors is just as good.---My wife doesnt see ironing as a chore in fact she enjoys it!! the woman who cleans and cooks in the house could do the ironing but my wife tells her to leave it for her! she watches movies and irons on sundays!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Marie oh, poor little chap.:( Healing vibes on the way. Don't feel bad; how could you possibly have known?

RosyRed Leo sound almost as though he might have some Greyhound in there somewhere! Bless him, I hope his stitches aren't bothering him too much. Give him a cuddle from his Aunty Wolfy.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Evening all
    de1amo wrote: »
    its about 28 degrees here and very nice. İn the uk that would set off a drought alert!!!

De1amo - Top temperature in UK today was 27C!!!! :D

I've just had a proper OS realisation moment. Just got back from my walk, came through the door, put my homemade veggie curry that I'd got out the freezer this morning in microwave, along with some leftover rice. Nuked it for 3 mins, during which time I got the plate ready, pored a drink and made some minty yogurt sauce to go with. Less than 5mins from walking through the door I was eating a healthy homemade filling meal :D How awesome is that?

Talking of the walk, sadly I don't think that there is a way to walk to work from my house to the new office building without going a very long way on busy routes. We found some paths but they all ended up going deep into woodland, and seemed unused so I wouldn't feel comfortable walking them on my own. Gutted.

Nothing else planned for tonight, so think I will just relax in front of tv.

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    it looked like rain for most of the day at 28 but not close! when i first came to turkey i expired at 28 but now i am comfortable.-on my wedding day i wore a wool suit and it was 44 degrees--the wedding video had one f'ing groom trying to rid himself of his jacket!! my father in law had it right--he came in a tee shirt!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Upspeak (sorry cant remember who asked) is when you go up in pitch at th end of a sentence so a statement sounds like a question. It became prevalent here with the arrival of Friends, and may be something to do with being in a community with many English as 2nd language people where you want to check they've understood.
    Adelight hope the exam went well
    Molly it is said to teach is to learn twice, and certainly teaching something is the very best way to learn, but if he's not helping out with the subject and level he'll be examined on it seems no a good use of his time so close to exams
    Waiting for DS's supper to cook then off to the pub :D came home this afternoon and the phone rang. It was his school to say there was band practice (he's on study leave). Lucky i was in cos he never answers the phone. Mind you i can see why - next two calls were trying to sell me a pension and solar panels!
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,just lost my post,not sure how that happened :o Leo had all his stitches out-the vet said he'd healed very nicely and was a very good boy :D
    DS2 went to join DS1 in Tenerife yesterday aft,so its very quiet here ;),I've tidied up and its still tidy!The washing is out on the line but its duller than yesterday.I've got chicken out for tea prob with jersey potatoes,mini corn/sugarsnaps.
    I'm expecting a delivery of dogfood so cant go out,might do a bit of weeding:eek:
    Hilstep-I hope you start to feel better after your fall,poor you (((hugs)))
    HH-so sorry to hear about the cuts.
    BBird,a man near us has just got a new puppy EBT,quite adorable according to my neighbour who has seen him :)
    Hope its a good day so far for you all x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure