Where's the best Car Boot Sales in Glasgow/Renfrewshire

Comments

• Saint_Nick
    Saint_Nick Posts: 381 Forumite
    Can't be bothered with Blochairn, anyone know of any local ones in Renfrewshire coming up?
  • yogi3
    yogi3 Posts: 99 Forumite
    i think polmadie car boot is better run than blochairn. :beer:
  • purrrcat
    purrrcat Posts: 190 Forumite
    Saint_Nick wrote: »
    Can't be bothered with Blochairn, anyone know of any local ones in Renfrewshire coming up?

Tesco in Renfrew have one on Sat 5th Sept
  • Hi,
    Does anyone know of any car boot sales coming up in Renfrewshire in September.

Thanks
  • Arwen
    Arwen Posts: 171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    yogi3 wrote: »
    i think polmadie car boot is better run than blochairn. :beer:

Have you done that one, and is it any good, cos I plan to sell stuff there this weekend?

I have done a boot sale at Blochairn, but while lots of people, they really did want summat for nothing. I know I am getting rid of unwanted stuff but had really good stuff going for a pound and that still wasn't cheap enough.

Plus staying up all night on a Saturday to get there for 1/2am for a decent pitch, and then being there till 4pm on the Sunday,really didn't do it for me.
    Debts :Paypal £1981.32
    Monzo Loan £4278.16
    Virgin CC £2137 0% until Dec 23
    HSBC £5471.01 0% until Feb 2025
    Emergency pot £404.47/2500
    1p Savings Challenge £1.45/660
    52 week Savings: £22.00/1400

• delerium
    delerium Posts: 226 Forumite
    I've heard that Polmadie is useless to sell at but have never actually done it.

Blochairn has always been good for us but about 10 o'clock there are a load of folk that start really wanting something for nothing. You just need to stand your ground (and make sure you have the item in your hand otherwise they have a tendancy to walk off with it)

I don't know why you stayed until 4pm though, if you're there as early as 1 you should have your pick of sites. We go around 3.30 and get a site at the grass bank and leave around 12. Loads of folk had gazebos up this week to deal with th rain!
  • gmc_3
    gmc_3 Posts: 262 Forumite
    What time can you set up from at Blochairn and what time to the buyers start arriving?

Thanks
  • Blochairn you need to be there for about 2-3am is to get a pitch however if the weather isn't looking so good youmay not have to be there so early.

You get let in about 4-4.30ish and buyers will be at your car door before you can even open it with their little head torches and everything....you have never seen anything like it it's hilarious!!

We take the in car dvd player and oh watches that while lo and I sleep.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I didn't realise you had to go that early in the morning :eek: !!!! My OH and I were thinking of going to one but that time just seems indecent!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • I'm thinking of doing a car boot with my old gothy/vamp type clothes & dark kind of dresses,shoes n boots ect. Can anyone tell me where would be the best place for that type. Much loved but do not fit anymore. lol:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure